Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 4:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Beware of Members Trying To Get You To Join A Group

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Littleoldlady.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: February 5, 2007, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Actually, I did a little more digging and determined that the jerk signed up under a different non-related username, so that's how he got the info.  I suspended his new account (which he created just after I killed the first two "slippy" usernames), so now he cannot see profiles.

I really don't understand how jerks like that get a rise out of this kind of stuff.  He must have very empty life to be able to waste it like that.

There is a name for that disorder....

It is a shame as Todd mentioned that the person must have a wasted life not to have anything better to do.. Just be thankful you are not walking his shoes... He has to be a miserable person..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: February 5, 2007, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I would never join a group that wants you to invest or spend money, but comparing notes off-line, that's different, I would, and I do.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3114 Posts
      Posted: February 6, 2007, 12:35 am - IP Logged

There is a name for that disorder....

It is a shame as Todd mentioned that the person must have a wasted life not to have anything better to do.. Just be thankful you are not walking his shoes... He has to be a miserable person..

These pyramid scheme lottery pools promise their victims a possible commission check and free plays for suckering friends and family into the scheme plus the promise of a share in the jackpot.

Of course no one ever has enough friends that stupid so they are drawn to groups like this to push their scheme. They don't give a damn about anything but making money so it's pointless to try and carry on a discussion with them. 

The pool owners suck up most of the money.  You never know if they really buy any tickets.  Even if they won an average jackpot, your share would be only one or two percent.

Lotto pyramid schemes make cents.  BobP

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
        Norfolk , Va
        United States
        Member #4541
        May 2, 2004
        25182 Posts
        Posted: February 6, 2007, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

After I determine that someone has spammed the membership thru PMs (many times sending dozens of messages), I run a database command that wipes out every message they sent.  That's why the message disappeared.  No, I don't go into private message boxes or anything like that.  I basically hit a button, and they all disappear wherever they are in the system.

Thanks Todd. I see you have it under control.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: February 6, 2007, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes a member will send me a PM to ask me to join a pool.  I always decline and then I rarely receive a second PM. 

Slippy (Nick) says:

not very computer literate... but thats ok, ur brain is old and ur sick. You'll probably die soon anyways.

OMG!  What a jerk.  Sounds like a guy I turned down for a second date....or maybe it was that psychiatrist I went to last year. Guess I shouldn't have asked for a second opinion.Crazy

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
            Clarksville
            United States
            Member #487
            July 15, 2002
            17638 Posts
            Posted: February 6, 2007, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, Todd for taking care of the problem.  I would never join any group like that because  I had a friend who belonged to one and he never won over a dollar no matter how many times they "won".  He always sent his money "faithfully" about $25.00 per month.  I thought  it was dumb.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.