Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Where are the 50,000 members?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Jayhawk58.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Sunny California
United States
Member #40295
May 31, 2006
7713 Posts
Posted: February 6, 2007, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

All great suggestions you pointed out there,Todd!

Hope it will bring some of our "quieter" members out into the open plus it's a just a great reminder to all of us to give each other hand once in awhile Hurray!  or a thanks. 

Takes only a second or two to type and who knows? You might make someone's day!! Smile 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10392 Posts
    Posted: February 6, 2007, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Internet forums tend to parallel the rules of talk radio. Even on programs heard by millions, statistically less than 20% of the listeners ever call in.

Then, within the forums, take any given topic and look at the number of replies compared to the number of views, rarely does it approach 10%. When it does you have a hot topic, even though it might be a lot of the same people making replies.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3502 Posts
      Posted: February 7, 2007, 1:49 am - IP Logged

As others have pointed out, far more people look at stuff on the internet than contribute to it. A good general rule is that in any given forum only a small percentage of the people who come to look will  post something. As far as where the 50,000 members are, that seems to be a number based on how many people have registerd since Lottery Post started. As with any other forum, some people will stick around for  a while and others will post briefly and disappear. Most of those 50,000 probably wanderd off a while ago. Only Todd's  logs will show how many visits there are to some of the material here, but for other stuff you can see how many times an article was viewed. The number of views includes multiple visits by the same people, and the threads that stick around longer  see more return visits. It looks to me like the typical threads gets looked at by perhaps a couple of hundred people, with most of the posts being made by the same few dozen. I haven't paid much attention to the differences from one area to the next, but assuming some people prefer some forums to others, I'd guess that there might be 1000 people who check at least one of the forums frequently.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - rsz 1franklinmillion-front.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11339 Posts
        Posted: February 7, 2007, 7:12 am - IP Logged

if you watch closely you'll see quite a few members post who are early members who don't post often.i remember barney posting a while back.i thought he was a new member but he has been here five years once i noticed his profile.not everyone posts everyday.some go months or years between posts.lots just observe....

United States
          Member #42083
          June 27, 2006
          535 Posts
          Posted: February 7, 2007, 7:52 am - IP Logged

As a relatively new member I  generally come in for information. I have learned so much to add to my playing abilities. The information is awesome and I am amazed by the number of people I talk to who don't know you can play lottery online or even find the wealth of information available.

I have a select number of posters I follow regularly and have tried some of their ideas. I think others don't post their "method's" because of not being able to properly research and backtest them. The backlash at some members has been quite awful and I don't need to endure that. I have used the ideas and information learned here to earn more money playing pick 3 than I ever did on my own. I have a little method that seems to work well, but sharing it seems like such a small thing compared to the others shared by members with more experience.

I have read the forums for probably two years before joining so I could post. I have communicated with a few members. However backlash can be be mean, so I don't post much. I find the information very useful, and try a lot of ideas I see here. I think some people come in only to follow some member's predictions and that's fine. But if they don't pan out they shouldn't complain, they didn't do the workouts or develop the method themselves. I find the best part is doing it yourself and seeing how the numbers from different states interrelate and how different methods get the same results.

If we all just work at sharing information and being more cordial, I am sure others would post more.