Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Euro Millions at $130 Million cash?!?!

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 10 years ago by weshar75.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
twisted's avatar - underground
New Jersey
United States
Member #2376
September 25, 2003
582 Posts
Posted: February 8, 2007, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know why/how there has been a rollover of approximately $96 million in Euro Millions?  It was around $35 million last Friday.  The highest rollover it had before this was approximately $46 million on 02/03/2006 when a jackpot of $176 million was not won.  Now we all know that Euro Millions jackpot is all cash (and no tax on winnings).  I don't know how much of the sales go towards the jackpot but if they are the same as MM (31.8%), then they would need sales of approximately $301 million for it to roll over $96 million.

Is that even possible????????  Or did they make a mistake?

Note: Powerball had the highest sales ever in the US of $210,850,582 when it was at $250 million (annuity) on 07/29/1998.

twisted's avatar - underground
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #2376
    September 25, 2003
    582 Posts
    Posted: February 9, 2007, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

Just in case anyone was interested in knowing how Euro Millions had such a huge rollover at a low jackpot level.  I found this on the website of the UK National Lottery.

"This Friday is EuroMillions' 3rd birthday and to celebrate, we've increased the jackpot to a massive £66* million!

It has to be won because it can't roll over so if no one matches five main numbers and two Lucky Star numbers, the jackpot amount will roll down to the next winning prize level.

Someone has to win so celebrate EuroMillions' 3rd birthday with us, and with a bit of luck, you'll have 66 million reasons to celebrate yourself.

*Estimated jackpot. If the jackpot is not won, it will roll down to the next winning prize level."

So just because it was the 3rd birthday, they increased the jackpot by a huge amount!!!  I hope they are right about the sales to justify such a huge rollover.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19826 Posts
      Posted: February 9, 2007, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

According to CASH Only thread PowerPlay 10x: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/150601
      PowerBall has done the same thing with their multiplier in the past to promote their game too.  It's gamble but if it increases sales and there are no winners then it's worth it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Greenwich, CT
        United States
        Member #4793
        May 24, 2004
        1822 Posts
        Posted: February 9, 2007, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

Euro Millions is run fantastically!  What a great 3rd year celebration!

I wish MM and PB would do something like this with a guaranteed extra payout once in a while.

md
          United States
          Member #14047
          April 20, 2005
          579 Posts
          Posted: February 10, 2007, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Euro Millions is run fantastically!  What a great 3rd year celebration!

I wish MM and PB would do something like this with a guaranteed extra payout once in a while.

Did  Anyone Win The Euro Millions last night?

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            Mcminnville, Oregon
            United States
            Member #3013
            December 13, 2003
            3051 Posts
            Posted: February 10, 2007, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Did  Anyone Win The Euro Millions last night?

Yes their was one winning ticket for the jackpot.  I do not know which country had the winner but I checked the national lottery website and it was not in the United Kingdom.-weshar75

md
              United States
              Member #14047
              April 20, 2005
              579 Posts
              Posted: February 10, 2007, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

Yes their was one winning ticket for the jackpot.  I do not know which country had the winner but I checked the national lottery website and it was not in the United Kingdom.-weshar75

Thanks Weshar75

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                Mcminnville, Oregon
                United States
                Member #3013
                December 13, 2003
                3051 Posts
                Posted: February 10, 2007, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

I went to Austrian and Belgian lottery websites and from what I could make out which was not very much the winner was sold in Belgium for 100 million euros.  I could be wrong though because I do not know how to read either language.-weshar75