Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Match 6 $4,950,000 CASH!

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Greg.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: February 10, 2007, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

For a game that costs 66 cents per line ($2 min.) and only allocates about 12% of sales to the jackpot, it sure does get big.

(insert signature here)

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
    A long and winding road
    United States
    Member #17084
    June 10, 2005
    4523 Posts
    Posted: February 11, 2007, 7:57 am - IP Logged

Thank you Jimmy for the stats. I had no idea that only 12% went to the payout fund. Been playing this game faithfully in PA . Last three plays I thought for sure it was going to hit. The crazy thing is that when it does hit, the very next play a person hits as well. Sort of a back to back win.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

United States
      Member #119
      February 19, 2002
      527 Posts
      Posted: February 11, 2007, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

For a game that costs 66 cents per line ($2 min.) and only allocates about 12% of sales to the jackpot, it sure does get big.

"Botched 6" is one of my previously listed "Disturbing Lottery Trends": a 6/49 game whose price INCREASED to TWO dollars from ONE dollar AND whose lower tiered prizes became MUCH lowered than the previous VERY horrible 6/69 game and OTHER 6/49 games around the country.

The prizes are much better in NJ's Pick 6/49, which I do play, thank you.

To the PA Lottery Execs who are reading this: could it be even fewer people are playing Botched 6?  HINT: Do you remember what happened when Coca Cola changed its formula? 

It was a disaster.  And then they came out with Coca Cola Classic.  Has anyone ever noticed that the word "Classic" replaced the word ORIGINAL????

Always tell the truth.  That will astonish some and gratify the rest.

President Harry S. Truman, Democrat

A long and winding road
        United States
        Member #17084
        June 10, 2005
        4523 Posts
        Posted: February 12, 2007, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Greg: As much as I stand by a persons' right to express an opinion, I think yours is not based on statistics. Learn to research the ratios of how the jackpot grows per state, the payout chart based on game play. I think you'll find that most carry the same payouts. PA happens to be thriving with the Match6 . Sometimes it helps to tone down the boldness in statement in lieu of introducing accurate facts.

United States
          Member #119
          February 19, 2002
          527 Posts
          Posted: February 12, 2007, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Greg: As much as I stand by a persons' right to express an opinion, I think yours is not based on statistics. Learn to research the ratios of how the jackpot grows per state, the payout chart based on game play. I think you'll find that most carry the same payouts. PA happens to be thriving with the Match6 . Sometimes it helps to tone down the boldness in statement in lieu of introducing accurate facts.

Hi GameGirl!, good to hear from you!

When the Pied Piper played his pipe, many entered the river to their demise.  That is a statistic, and a fat one.  But they knew not where they were being led. 

I'm just commenting/evaluating how players are being MISled.  The fact is that Botched 6's jackpot grows much slower than the previous 6/69 game and other 6/49 games.  The second fact is that they did increase the cost by one whole dollar.  I find these disturbing.

So I'd like to know how you define the word "thriving" when the PA Lotto Execs unjustly enriched the "house".  Certainly, the Pied Piper thrived with his outcome.  My point is that PA's players are not "thriving" for the aforementioned reasons.

So when PA's lotto execs "sing a tune" that many think is a good one, including some here at LP, I beg to differ.  The proof is in the pudding, and when you change the original recipe, nothing is as good as the original.

Always tell the truth.  That will astonish some, and gratify the rest.

Pres. Harry S. Truman, Democrat

United States
            Member #119
            February 19, 2002
            527 Posts
            Posted: February 12, 2007, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

I find it strangely and deceptively odd that PA games are talked about in this Jackpot forum when it belongs in the Discussion forum.  None of PA's games are "Jackpot" games except Powerball.

Am I too sensitive, or is this an attempt to mislead players into playing games whose "rules" have changed under the guise that they are "Jackpot" games? [see all my posts for the past year...]

New Jersey
              United States
              Member #21206
              September 4, 2005
              949 Posts
              Posted: February 12, 2007, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

I find it strangely and deceptively odd that PA games are talked about in this Jackpot forum when it belongs in the Discussion forum.  None of PA's games are "Jackpot" games except Powerball.

Am I too sensitive, or is this an attempt to mislead players into playing games whose "rules" have changed under the guise that they are "Jackpot" games? [see all my posts for the past year...]

I live a short distance from the PA border, but the only thing I ever buy is Powerball.

The Match 6 is possibly the worst on line lottery game I have ever seen, and I've played lotteries in lots of states, having once travelled for a living.  The winning numbers are unnecessarily confusing.  One cannot choose the full set of numbers oneself (this was also true of their 6/69 game where the computer picked 2 lines) and the payouts are low.

I used to play the 6/69 when the jackpots got large - which took forever.

I occassionally play NJ's Pick 6, and NJ's cash 5, but I have no interest in anything PA has to offer. 

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: February 13, 2007, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Actually, Pennsylvania has four jackpot games. Three of them are all-cash, which probably is a first for a US lottery.

United States
                  Member #119
                  February 19, 2002
                  527 Posts
                  Posted: February 13, 2007, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Actually, Pennsylvania has four jackpot games. Three of them are all-cash, which probably is a first for a US lottery.

There you ago again, Cash.

PA has only ONE Jackpot game: Powerball.

Please do not redefine the commonly understood meaning of "jackpot" as a game that offers a cash option bec. by doing so you distort, confuse, and at worst, deceive LP readers here.

Please reread all my earlier posts the past 12 months if you do not follow this, thank you.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                    Yinzer Country, PA
                    United States
                    Member #4067
                    March 18, 2004
                    2741 Posts
                    Posted: February 13, 2007, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

There you ago again, Cash.

PA has only ONE Jackpot game: Powerball.

Please do not redefine the commonly understood meaning of "jackpot" as a game that offers a cash option bec. by doing so you distort, confuse, and at worst, deceive LP readers here.

Please reread all my earlier posts the past 12 months if you do not follow this, thank you.

Quoting Webster, the definition of jackpot is "the top prize in a game or contest (as a lottery) that is typically a large fund of money formed by the accumulation of unwon prizes".  Therefore Match 6 would be considered a jackpot game.  The top prize (or jackpot) is determined by an accumulation of money from ticket sales.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
                      Member #119
                      February 19, 2002
                      527 Posts
                      Posted: February 13, 2007, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Quoting Webster, the definition of jackpot is "the top prize in a game or contest (as a lottery) that is typically a large fund of money formed by the accumulation of unwon prizes".  Therefore Match 6 would be considered a jackpot game.  The top prize (or jackpot) is determined by an accumulation of money from ticket sales.

The problem is that Infiltrators consistently abuse this particular forum to prostitute non-original PA lottery games and I find that disturbing.

I am well acquainted with Mr. Webster.

Unfortunately, the understanding of "Jackpot" in the minds of most LP readers and other lottery players is not that of Mr. Webster.  "The devil can cite Shakespeare to prove his point".

But even if that understanding were in their minds, notice the use of the word LARGE in the phrase, "typically a large fund of money".  That is why Mega and PowerRip have used this definition of jackpot, which proves my original point.

Strange, nobody has even dared to answer why PA's regular games are discussed in THIS forum!

Further, nobody has commented (how further strange!) that no other state lottery's regular games are mentioned in this Jackpot Games forum.

That is also disturbing.

My conclusion: Infiltrators and others are using LP, not the least of which is this particular forum, to attempt to influence the lottery consciousness of LP members and others to accept some if not most disturbing lottery trends I have defined and described elsewhere (just do a search of my posts).

"FACTS ARE THE ENEMY OF TRUTH!" - author Miguel de Cervantes in Man of La Mancha

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                        PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2226 Posts
                        Posted: February 14, 2007, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

I don't mind the match 6 too much, except for the $2.00 price, low starting jackpot which increases VERY slowly, and the fact that the 2 other lines are QPs. This is rigged so that you rarely ever get the same numbers to get many out of 18. I win a lot of low tier prizes with it, but this does nothing for me except lower the expense of playing for awhile. Also I discuss PA's jackpot games in this forum because they are jackpots, even if they are small ones; and they do not get buried as quickly under the garbage elsewhere.

A long and winding road
                          United States
                          Member #17084
                          June 10, 2005
                          4523 Posts
                          Posted: February 14, 2007, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Webster. Its the premise of referral for the english language. The JACKPOT for Match 6 has been increased to 5.1 million (CASH!).

Place the FACTS and STATISTICS before an adult and allow them to make their own choices.

I love having the choice to play Match6! with a WONDERFUL *****JACKPOT ***of cash! :)

Footnote: Greg- contact the PA Lottery with your theory and express your concerns directly.

United States
                            Member #119
                            February 19, 2002
                            527 Posts
                            Posted: February 14, 2007, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Webster. Its the premise of referral for the english language. The JACKPOT for Match 6 has been increased to 5.1 million (CASH!).

Place the FACTS and STATISTICS before an adult and allow them to make their own choices.

I love having the choice to play Match6! with a WONDERFUL *****JACKPOT ***of cash! :)

Footnote: Greg- contact the PA Lottery with your theory and express your concerns directly.

I just can't figure out why NO other poster lists their particular state's "jackpot" game here...

SUCH an obsession with a really lousy lottery game, "brought to you by the people who love to rip you off!"

For the record, no need to contact the PA lottery bec. they read my posts here every day.

"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't following me!"

:-)

A long and winding road
                              United States
                              Member #17084
                              June 10, 2005
                              4523 Posts
                              Posted: February 15, 2007, 12:35 am - IP Logged

I agree that you may well have a sense of paranoia but I assure you I am not a follower of  what you are so kindly Puttin *down* in  commentary.

California has a state lottery game (superlotto) . Imagine that another state!Do a search here and see that it was discussed in the Jackpot forum... Same for Ohio's game....

Next time you get to win a million dollars or more off a two dollar ticket, feel free to come back here and tell us how that state lottery ripped you off.

When the shoe is on the other foot or even the right foot its amazing how good it can make a person stand :)