Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Keno Filters

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LottoHackJack.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Canada
Member #50294
March 3, 2007
10 Posts
Posted: March 3, 2007, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

Your Keno is tougher to win big $$ ..over here 7/20 with  $2 bet = $10,000

9/20 =$50, 000 with $1 bet, even 6 numbers gets you a $1,000 at $1 bet

but when I look at your old  results ..I think your numbers  are easier to crack than ours.

Yes, we get 10 spots per line, 20 numbers drawn out of 70.

NYC
    United States
    Member #43059
    July 12, 2006
    39 Posts
    Posted: March 4, 2007, 12:33 am - IP Logged

I'm glad to hear you say that they are easier to crack. ha!

So I was wondering if you think it's meaningful when the numbers from the overdue set and the numbers from the last hit set overlap?? Do you know what I mean? Some of the numbers in the plus and minus the overdue group show up in the numbers plus and minus the last hit group...in this last draw tonight and the previous draw, 18 numbers overlapped, and within the group of 18 from tonight...4 of the possible 5 repeats appeared!! How about that?? The total hits within the 18 numbers from last night was 7. I think this is kind of interesting.

The number of potential repeats from the overlap group of 18 from tonights drawing is 9, because there were so many consecutive hits. 5 is the average number of repeats.

It sure would be nice if somebody wrote a program, it gets confusing trying to distill the groups in different ways.

Canada
      Member #50294
      March 3, 2007
      10 Posts
      Posted: March 4, 2007, 11:28 am - IP Logged

yes..these are randomly generated numbers &  they are confusing to make it harder for anyone

to win. There are too many variables to keep track of, it's like trying a  hit a moving target.

Did you check the hits for the numbers that came the last few draws  eg:

for Ont  Keno, many numbers being drawn  seem  to come from numbers with 2 to 3 hits, based on 10 draws.

That may help you eliminate some numbers. For our lottery numbers with 5 hits/10 draws seem to be considered

maxed out.

Because you have more numbers your lottery may  require numbers drawn to have  less hits to qualify for replay.

NYC
        United States
        Member #43059
        July 12, 2006
        39 Posts
        Posted: March 4, 2007, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, today I ended up playing 16 numbers 5 repeats from the +/- last hit group and 5 or 6 of the overdues, and then a few "flags" or +1 from the last hit group that was not also in the +/- overdue group. I chose the repeats with the least hits in 20 games...let's see what happens, I am very curious to see if a pattern of repeats in the overlap group exists.

The amount of numbers from the +/- group that showed up in the last 3 drawn group was about15.
        That is wheelable...but you never know which filters are going to work in any given drawing!

I think working with the overdues is just what I needed to do.

Canada
          Member #50294
          March 3, 2007
          10 Posts
          Posted: March 4, 2007, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

Yeah..it takes a few tries to win Keno..the problem I see with your Keno is that  the lower tier prizes really suck, so if you lose a few times you are out of the game. In Ontario as long as you play the 4 / 20 game you  can win  $100 ....sometimes several times a week, the odds are 1/189. That way you have money to pay for tickets and stay in the game.

NYC
            United States
            Member #43059
            July 12, 2006
            39 Posts
            Posted: March 5, 2007, 12:16 am - IP Logged

I know it does indeed suck, but as you say there are reliable patterns, I just can't seem to hit with the right strategy at the right time.

Tonight was a bust for example, I only got 4 out of 16. The trend went off track. I have to watch for several days using this new filter and see if it alternates day by day or what.

LottoHackJack's avatar - leaf
              Leamington, Ontario
              Canada
              Member #2995
              December 11, 2003
              59 Posts
              Posted: March 5, 2007, 10:33 am - IP Logged

In Ontario, Canada, we have a 20/70 keno game where you can pick from 2 to 10 numbers per game while 20 out of 70 total numbers in the field are drawn. This is just as difficult to beat at a profit as any other keno game, even though the odds appear to be and actually are much better than in your New York keno game. Keno is a teaser and a wild roller-coaster ride that will keep you in the poor house. 

The game in Ontario is not computerized as of yet, but none of the games here are televised either, so a lot of people may feel that this creates an opening for fraud or abuse at the top levels of the OLG commission which holds and carries out the draws. Of course, no fraud has been publicly detected so far...Who would squeal on anyone if everyone gets a cut?...I have no reason to suspect fraud in our games, but many of the employees at the ticket-vending machines have tried to short-change winners of smaller prize amounts when they supposedly check tickets for customers after a draw. You've all read about that many times if you are paying attention.

I strategically tried to approach my keno game by dissecting its' components into smaller counter-parts, as though I was playing a smaller 6/49 game ( or smaller ) within the 20/70 game. Although I never beat it, it taught me a lot more about the behaviour of the game on the whole.

You will find that many times, if you use only the very first 1 to 49 numbers of my 20/70 game, 12 numbers will be drawn from that 1 to 49-number field, and then utterly ignoring the remainder 50 to 70 number-range of the remaining field. So I was applying 6/49 strategy and wheeling statistics where I would possibly hit 6 numbers out of 49 when 12 numbers are drawn from the field!

That sounds sweet and simple and do-able, but it's not. The odds are certainly much better to hit 6 out of 49 numbers when 12 of those numbers are usually drawn within that 49-number field ( sometimes more, sometimes less ), but the grand prize here in Ontario for accomplishing that is only $1000 ( tax-free ) after all that work and expenditure of resources. The reward is not that great to strive for, so a player will be tempted to go for the better prize categories without thinking about the near impossibilities and astronomical odds of accomplishing the task.

Now, based on my own experiences and keno observations, as well as observations by others in most lottery games,  here's the reality of your observations of hitting 10 out of 20 drawn numbers within 35 to 40 numbers picked by yourself within your total 80-number field in New York keno...It's almost gospel truth that if you pick half of the number field by any means...filtering, dart-throwing, numbers which your kids or pets pick out of a hat, etc., etc., etc.,  When you randomly choose or use half of the total numbers in any playing field, it has proven fairly consistent that half of the total numbers drawn for that game will most likely be present among that " half-of-a-field " which you chose to play against, no matter how you chose it.

Try it...Get the last 10 results of your NewYork keno game, and within those very few 10 recent/last games, see how many number hits usually were drawn from within digits 1 to 40, and then how many hits usually occurred from digits 41 to 80...Go back to last year's draws, or draws from 5 years back, and you will likely discover the same consistent pattern, even if equipment or algorhythm software is changed in between. 

So here's your " main " filters as food for thought before you try to refine the process further using any other means or filters...The point I'm making is that it doesn't matter how you choose your numbers...If the game is mostly random with little outside influence or bias or tampering, when you choose half the field to play or wheel against, then usually about half of the drawn numbers will be present in your chosen half of the total field. If you use only one third the entire field, about one third of the drawn results will be present in that smaller field " most " of the time. If you use the whole number-playing field, all drawn numbers will be present, of course.

Check the past few games against these parameters using 40 of the 80 numbers in your NY Keno game to see how many hits actually occurred within these following groups containing 40 of the 80 numbers in the field ( Usually 9, 10, or 11 hits per draw...roughly half of the hits are in half of the field you would pick no matter how you pick it ) :

All 40 of the " odd " numbers from 1 to 80

All 40 of the " even " numbers from 1 to 80

All 40 Numbers from the following 8 groups of 5... 1 to 5, 11 to 15, 21 to 25, 31 to 35, 41 to 45, 51 to 55, 61 to 65, 71 to 75.

All 40 Numbers from the following 8 groups of 5... 6 to 10, 16 to 20, 26 to 30, 36 to 40, 46 to 50, 56 to 60, 66 to 70, 76 to 80.

All 40 Numbers from 1 to 40.

All 40 Numbers from 41 to 80.

All 40 Numbers from the following 4 groups of 10... 1 to 10, 21 to 30, 41 to 50, 61 to 70.

All 40 Numbers from the following 4 groups of 10... 11 to 20, 31 to 40, 51 to 60, 71 to 80.

Pick 40 numbers in groups of twosies, or threesies, or foursies, etc., if you like ... Or use a dart board to pick them...

Etc., Etc., Etc. ...

...Slice 'em and dice 'em any way you want, and see if it isn't so...Half of the number field will get you about half of the drawn hits most of the time...It's those odd, scattered, occasional patterns and anomalies which occur only those very few times during a few draws out of 100 in the course of the game history that you should be seeking to exploit by identifying and quantifying and looking for them, more than searching for any more " Filters "... 

LottoHackJack

NYC
                United States
                Member #43059
                July 12, 2006
                39 Posts
                Posted: March 5, 2007, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Lottohackjack,

Of course you are right about roughly half the numbers in half the field, I would say it alternates back and forth 9/11, 11/9 almost daily. I had been convinced of this strategy sometime last year to only choose from a portion of the field. I remember being diappointed in it, not because the results did not bear out the prediction of where the numbers would be, but because I am so bad at choosing numbers, it's really not funny.

I like to wheel and only want to spend a little because I win so rarely, so that is the reason I look for filters, just another way to help me choose what to play in a particular drawing. I think with all my hard work and analysis I would be much better off flipping a coin!

Pilot

Canada
                  Member #50294
                  March 3, 2007
                  10 Posts
                  Posted: March 5, 2007, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Hey, LottohackJack, I beleive Ontario keno is computerized, I believe most Keno games are..

but going back to the  topic under discussion what Lottohackjack is saying is absoultely true.

So  I  think to win you have to correctly identify the number groups that are going to be active that night.

On some nights you will find 7 numbers coming from  one number group such as 40-50, if you play that group and another

group with 4 numbers -- then you are in business.

That plus the other filtering techniques discussed  so it's just a matter of correct timing, luck and a lot of number crunching.

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                    Nova Scotia
                    Canada
                    Member #9934
                    December 27, 2004
                    891 Posts
                    Posted: March 5, 2007, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

I play keno in atlantic canada. Have won only small prizes. Want to win more eventually. That would be great.See Ya!

LottoHackJack's avatar - leaf
                      Leamington, Ontario
                      Canada
                      Member #2995
                      December 11, 2003
                      59 Posts
                      Posted: March 6, 2007, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Hey, LottohackJack, I beleive Ontario keno is computerized, I believe most Keno games are..

but going back to the  topic under discussion what Lottohackjack is saying is absoultely true.

So  I  think to win you have to correctly identify the number groups that are going to be active that night.

On some nights you will find 7 numbers coming from  one number group such as 40-50, if you play that group and another

group with 4 numbers -- then you are in business.

That plus the other filtering techniques discussed  so it's just a matter of correct timing, luck and a lot of number crunching.

The best way to find out the answers to all questions regarding all Ontario, Canada games is to call the OLG Commission at 1-800-387-0098 . For English, Press 1...French, Press 2...Then, for General Inquiries, Press 7.

I just did that, and spoke in English to a " Mike ", because he didn't speak Italian  :) , and like all other Public Relations Reps at OLG, he had to keep consulting his managers and manuals to hopefully give me the correct answers, if I'm lucky!

He told me on the phone that, presently, the Ontario Daily Keno game uses 70 balls, and 20 balls are dropped every draw in a machine which he called the RYO-CATTEAU. He went on to reveal that his manual claimed that these ball sets were replaced once on August 01, 2001, and then again on July 01, 2004. They might be due for another change this year, but the manual does not specifically spell this out in any certain terms, so anything goes...and maybe they might even opt to screw up the works by going electronic ( shame on them )!

Call them and see if they don't give you the same answers.

As for the number groups I personally dissect and pursue, I have taken the first 1 to 23 number group, followed by the next 24 to 46 number group, and followed by the 47 to 69 number group, ( thereby ignoring number 70 completely in Ontario Daily Keno ), and noticed that for almost all draws, 5 numbers out of 23 will be present in all three of those number groups. I use various software to steer me to which number group might contain the most hits because, of course, some group or groups will contain more hits to make up the other 5 numbers drawn for a total of 20 hits, and if 70 is drawn, oh well...

On February 25, 2007, a week or so ago, the 20 drawn numbers for Ontario Daily Keno were :

03  05  08  13  15  16  18  20  21  22  25  30  31  37  42  47  50  63  66  68

Therefore, in the first number group from digits 1 to 23, 10 of the 20 drawn numbers were present! This sort of thing happens often enough to try to exploit...It's much easier to pick 10 from 23 digits than to pick 10 from 70...But even still...a lot of luck is needed to catch the correct 10 of 23.

LottoHackJack