Welcome Guest
You last visited October 23, 2017, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

did you quit playing when.....

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 11 years ago by OldSchoolPa.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

did you quit playing when powerball and mega millions raised the matrix last time?

i don't play as much [ 17 ]  [40.48%]
i still play about the same [ 17 ]  [40.48%]
no i completely quit playing [ 4 ]  [9.52%]
i play more now [ 4 ]  [9.52%]
Total Valid Votes [ 42 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11350 Posts
Posted: February 14, 2007, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

do you still play the powerball and mega millions the same since the matrix changes or has you play slowed down or picked up?

Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11350 Posts
    Posted: February 14, 2007, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

i'd love to see it lowered if possible.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10537 Posts
      Posted: February 14, 2007, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

I voted I don't play as much.

I'm still upset about Illiinois' Pick 5 game going from 5/ 30 to 5 /39, so you don't have to ask me about expanded matrixes for PB and MM.

I remember the media hype about here comes California  (MM) and potential $500,000,000 jackpots. File that under "Once upon a time..."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
        Member #34266
        March 1, 2006
        188 Posts
        Posted: February 18, 2007, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

I quit when I read that the 75 million dollar powerball jackpot won in NC,  in reality,  is a 24 million dollar payday.   This women beat the odds to win, and gets less than a third of the jackpot.    It's no wonder people are quiting.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23962 Posts
          Posted: February 18, 2007, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

United States
            Member #1826
            July 11, 2003
            2645 Posts
            Posted: February 18, 2007, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

Used to play at $50M+ before the change, now I only play at $100M+.

(insert signature here)

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #2338
              September 17, 2003
              2063 Posts
              Posted: February 19, 2007, 2:50 am - IP Logged

I haven't been playing for years due to the low jackpots. It would be nice if it could finally break the $100 million cash level but that may be asking to much. I don't know why people wouldn't play for low jackpots if they were into such things since it's always hit at a low level.

United States
                Member #16612
                June 2, 2005
                3493 Posts
                Posted: February 25, 2007, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

I don't play that much PB and MM lately since their was a matrix change as my vote.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                  Gurnee, Illinois
                  United States
                  Member #49731
                  February 12, 2007
                  923 Posts
                  Posted: February 26, 2007, 12:17 am - IP Logged

I play any game I can have a chance to come away with at least $1M in cash after taxes.  I usually will buy a couple more tickets when the MM, PB, or state lotto jackpots are higher, but I figure that even if I happen to win when MM is at $12M (or $7M cash value), that is still $7M more than I had to begin with.  The one thing that I don't get are the people who enter into 20+ lottery pools...like the Sargentos factory workers who each took home less than $1M from an annuitized jackpot of over $200M...or the name the lottery pool of 9, 12, 16, etc who hit the 2nd tier MM/PB prize...big difference between $200,000 and $20,000!  I used to be amused whenever I would read such 2nd tier winners saying that they would be back after next draw to collect the jackpot prize...that is until the winners from Nevada who played in Arizona to win $15M ($7M cash) after having won the third tier prize of $10,000!  With a dollar and a dream, anything is possible!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!