Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What does it feel like to be rich?

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Lotterologist.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #24439
October 22, 2005
638 Posts
Posted: March 2, 2007, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

We all what to win the lottery and become rich. But what does it feel like to be rich. I live a middle class existance thanks to my parents. But there is this girl I like I feel ran off with another guy because he got his own house. It doesn't bother me. I was wondering if you won the lottery you wouldn't know if people like you for you. I feel selfish that way. Would that bother you guys. If you are rich, you would get the girls but would you want the girl that would like you if you were not rich.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
    Beautiful Florida
    United States
    Member #5709
    July 18, 2004
    20108 Posts
    Posted: March 2, 2007, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

We all what to win the lottery and become rich. But what does it feel like to be rich. I live a middle class existance thanks to my parents. But there is this girl I like I feel ran off with another guy because he got his own house. It doesn't bother me. I was wondering if you won the lottery you wouldn't know if people like you for you. I feel selfish that way. Would that bother you guys. If you are rich, you would get the girls but would you want the girl that would like you if you were not rich.

Hell, you don't have to be rich for that. Just follow your heart....!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: March 2, 2007, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Wouldn't bother me a bit. In fact I'd have a harem around me at all times.

Look at Hugh Hefner, he pays his bunnies a thousand bucks a week allowance, plus fringe benefits. Do you think they like him because he's a nice guy?

Life's too short to worry about all that lovie dovie stuff. With an almost 65 percent divorce rate, you can have it.

I don't have fun with women because of their intellect or whatever else people define as virtues. If I want intellect I'll go to the library. If I want some lovin', I'll ring the bell, and be swamped with about ten 23 year old brunettes...LOL

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #22395
        September 24, 2005
        1583 Posts
        Posted: March 2, 2007, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

"What does it feel like to be rich?"

I am rich - not with money - but rich in family and friends.  It feels good!

I never choose a woman based on her income - I expect the same in return.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: March 2, 2007, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

Pac writes:  I don't have fun with women because of their intellect

Enlighten me please.  What's wrong with being intelligent?  What does that have to do with money? 

Pac writes:  Life's too short to worry about all that lovie dovie stuff.

Life's too short not to, although worrying about it doesn't help.  You've got to give love to get love.  Personally, I don't look for "lovie dovie" but a close, loving relationship is a blessing. 

Editgap, I'm sorry someone you cared about is gone from your life, but you write your middle class existence is the result of having successful parents.  I don't know how old you are, but maybe it wasn't his money or the house that attracted her, but his drive and independence.  If you are 18 or 20, there's certainly nothing wrong with living with your folks, especially if you are in school or saving for a home.  But if you are older and still living with Mom and Dad, I can tell you that would be a turn off for many women. 

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: March 3, 2007, 1:29 am - IP Logged

Pac writes:  I don't have fun with women because of their intellect

Enlighten me please.  What's wrong with being intelligent?  What does that have to do with money? 

Pac writes:  Life's too short to worry about all that lovie dovie stuff.

Life's too short not to, although worrying about it doesn't help.  You've got to give love to get love.  Personally, I don't look for "lovie dovie" but a close, loving relationship is a blessing. 

Editgap, I'm sorry someone you cared about is gone from your life, but you write your middle class existence is the result of having successful parents.  I don't know how old you are, but maybe it wasn't his money or the house that attracted her, but his drive and independence.  If you are 18 or 20, there's certainly nothing wrong with living with your folks, especially if you are in school or saving for a home.  But if you are older and still living with Mom and Dad, I can tell you that would be a turn off for many women. 

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers by saying that.

I have no problem with intelect, wit, humor, or any other attributes in women, or anybody. What I meant by "fun" was a word substitute for a more explicit action that I didn't want to throw out here in a public forum...If you know what I mean...

As the Lovie thing goes, I'm in no way demeaning couples who's relationships are succeeding or even rocky, but that It's just not my thing. Too many argumentative relationships, mostly having to do with finances. On the other hand, I'm not exactly running around everyday with different women either. That would constitute dire consequences regarding diseases. I'm trying to find a balance. BUT!!!, If I had mucho money, I would just concentrate on having only the upper crust of everything, not just women mind you, but the best of everything. Eliminating all the crap in between. By crap I mean the arguing, the nagging, the headaches of everyday struggle. The crap would also include personal, physical and mental challenges on my part to never worry about money...ever again.

A lot of people keep using that tired old phrase.." Money won't buy you hapiness". We live in a material world. In this material world you need money and lots of it to just even break out of the middle class these days.

Once I have huge amounts of money, everything else falls into place. You can help your family, friends, charity, own harems, even save the whales If you want to. But In my mind cash is king. That comes first.

That would truly be heaven on earth....LOL

CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
              Illinois
              United States
              Member #46704
              September 23, 2006
              3692 Posts
              Posted: March 3, 2007, 1:42 am - IP Logged

Wouldn't bother me a bit. In fact I'd have a harem around me at all times.

Look at Hugh Hefner, he pays his bunnies a thousand bucks a week allowance, plus fringe benefits. Do you think they like him because he's a nice guy?

Life's too short to worry about all that lovie dovie stuff. With an almost 65 percent divorce rate, you can have it.

I don't have fun with women because of their intellect or whatever else people define as virtues. If I want intellect I'll go to the library. If I want some lovin', I'll ring the bell, and be swamped with about ten 23 year old brunettes...LOL

ROFL 

Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont

CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
                Illinois
                United States
                Member #46704
                September 23, 2006
                3692 Posts
                Posted: March 3, 2007, 1:54 am - IP Logged

You know they say you dont pay for the "good time" you pay em to leave

And as far as being rich is concerned its almost another role you have to assume,

you loose one set of problems and pick up another.  But hey we'd all love that second set

of problems.  You got so many people being phony, laughing at your jokes when they not

even funny.  Now thats one way to see if you are rich, tell a stale joke

Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont

Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: March 3, 2007, 1:55 am - IP Logged

Pac..........

Brunettes??

Frown

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: March 3, 2007, 1:58 am - IP Logged

You know they say you dont pay for the "good time" you pay em to leave

And as far as being rich is concerned its almost another role you have to assume,

you loose one set of problems and pick up another.  But hey we'd all love that second set

of problems.  You got so many people being phony, laughing at your jokes when they not

You got so many people being phony, laughing at your jokes when they not

Good one!

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: March 3, 2007, 2:00 am - IP Logged

Pac..........

Brunettes??

Frown

OH!    I'm flexible, but not too much.....ROFL

Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: March 3, 2007, 2:01 am - IP Logged

You got so many people being phony, laughing at your jokes when they not

Good one!

Or the people around you are stoned!

United States
                          Member #17555
                          June 22, 2005
                          5582 Posts
                          Posted: March 3, 2007, 2:05 am - IP Logged

OH!    I'm flexible, but not too much.....ROFL

Trust me....If there were ten 23 yr old blondes knocking on the door.....Let's just say...there wouldn't even be a door there...LOL 

Do you feel better now?..LOL

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: March 3, 2007, 2:06 am - IP Logged

Or the people around you are stoned!

White Bounce

Wandering Aimlessly
                              United States
                              Member #25360
                              November 5, 2005
                              4461 Posts
                              Posted: March 3, 2007, 2:10 am - IP Logged

Trust me....If there were ten 23 yr old blondes knocking on the door.....Let's just say...there wouldn't even be a door there...LOL 

Do you feel better now?..LOL

Just kidding.  I'm just happy I haven't lost all of my hair.  Actually, I like dark hair.  I don't think it would look good on me however.  Once I wanted to darken my hair and I bought a shampoo-in rinse at the drugstore.  When I was finished, my hair was orange and I had a sales meeting in the morning.  I'll never forget it.  I ran out and got another bottle to lighten it, but I ended up with light red hair.  I walked into the office and a guy from Chicago looked at me and said "Nancy, I always thought you were blonde!"