Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What does it feel like to be rich?

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Lotterologist.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #10720
January 23, 2005
933 Posts
Posted: March 3, 2007, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

I would remember who was there for me when I was poor. I imagine that being rich would make me somewhat happier overall but many of my present worries and fears would be replaced by others, some of them much harder to solve. I have enough people that THINK I'm rich.

The first trip to go buy out the local Mall is fun but about 5 trips or so later it becomes as routine as going to ShopRITE. There'd be that much less reason to take a road trip to PA to play Powerball and that good feeling of winning $125 on a Pick-4 box would become meaningless.

Having enough to guarantee a roof over my head and keep the car running and food on the table every day, that would make me feel rich enough.. A Cash 5 win could do that if it were for a decent amount.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: March 3, 2007, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

Pac wrote: If that were the case, you'd see many examples of really hot babes walking around with 83 year old men.

I do, Pac.   You don't see all the young, pretty women around town with older men?  I only used Anna as an example.  Guess we should let her rest in peace, since her family & the media won't.  So what at you saying?  That these men are victims?  So when Clint Eastwood or Larry King or Michael Douglas or........(you get the picture) marry very pretty younger women, the women are after their money, but the men are these poor innocent, helpless victims?  Why is it always the women who are singled out and criticized?  They aren't committing any crimes.  Why don't the men fall in love with women their own age?  Why do a lot of rich men only date beautiful women?  I've dated very wealthy men and I only wish I found them attractive. (Somebody, please shoot me! I'm nuts.)  However, just because I need to be in love and feel connected with someone, doesn't mean I think there is anything wrong with 2 consenting adults who have a relationship for whatever reason they please. It's not our business to pass judgment on either sex if there's no abuse or deception.

LckyLary wrote:   Having enough to guarantee a roof over my head and keep the car running and food on the table every day, that would make me feel rich enough.. A Cash 5 win could do that if it were for a decent amount.

I agree.  Unfortunately, most of the Fantasy 5 jackpots here are won by several people, although I wouldn't turn down $75,000. It would have a big impact on my life now.  But I understand what you mean.  I don't need millions.  I wouldn't want a big home or a fancy car.  I'm too set in my ways.

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: March 3, 2007, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

Pac wrote: If that were the case, you'd see many examples of really hot babes walking around with 83 year old men.

I do, Pac.   You don't see all the young, pretty women around town with older men?  I only used Anna as an example.  Guess we should let her rest in peace, since her family & the media won't.  So what at you saying?  That these men are victims?  So when Clint Eastwood or Larry King or Michael Douglas or........(you get the picture) marry very pretty younger women, the women are after their money, but the men are these poor innocent, helpless victims?  Why is it always the women who are singled out and criticized?  They aren't committing any crimes.  Why don't the men fall in love with women their own age?  Why do a lot of rich men only date beautiful women?  I've dated very wealthy men and I only wish I found them attractive. (Somebody, please shoot me! I'm nuts.)  However, just because I need to be in love and feel connected with someone, doesn't mean I think there is anything wrong with 2 consenting adults who have a relationship for whatever reason they please. It's not our business to pass judgment on either sex if there's no abuse or deception.

LckyLary wrote:   Having enough to guarantee a roof over my head and keep the car running and food on the table every day, that would make me feel rich enough.. A Cash 5 win could do that if it were for a decent amount.

I agree.  Unfortunately, most of the Fantasy 5 jackpots here are won by several people, although I wouldn't turn down $75,000. It would have a big impact on my life now.  But I understand what you mean.  I don't need millions.  I wouldn't want a big home or a fancy car.  I'm too set in my ways.

It's not our business to pass judgment on either sex if there's no abuse or deception.

True......IF

the people involved were everyday joe shmo. But they're not. She seeked attention, and yearned media attention. People who are involved in broad exposure know ahead of time what they're getting into. They're used to the papparratzi..spelled wrong....

The imposing cameras, but not to her...she loved it, constantly shaking her boobs, constantly.

The judgement part comes along with the territory.

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: March 3, 2007, 6:43 pm - IP Logged
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: March 3, 2007, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

I wasn't talking about Anna Nicole Smith or other famous (or infamous) people.  I was talking about women in general. If you go back and read my post again, I said I wanted to let her rest in peace. Yes, we all know she craved the attention and the fame.  I never really knew much about her until recently, and I'm not sure any of us know the complete truth about her life.

Sorry I wrote so much but I could write a lot more about this subject.  I wouldn't call myself a raging feminist, but I get a little crazy when men start talking about women as if they are all this way or that way. If a wealthy man asks a young woman out and wants to treat her to a nice lifestyle, that doesn't mean the woman is cheap or just after his money. 

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: March 3, 2007, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

I wasn't talking about Anna Nicole Smith or other famous (or infamous) people.  I was talking about women in general. If you go back and read my post again, I said I wanted to let her rest in peace. Yes, we all know she craved the attention and the fame.  I never really knew much about her until recently, and I'm not sure any of us know the complete truth about her life.

Sorry I wrote so much but I could write a lot more about this subject.  I wouldn't call myself a raging feminist, but I get a little crazy when men start talking about women as if they are all this way or that way. If a wealthy man asks a young woman out and wants to treat her to a nice lifestyle, that doesn't mean the woman is cheap or just after his money. 

Did you just say you were a raging feminist?

I don't eat much either.....LOL

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
              Lotto City, Michigan
              United States
              Member #36256
              March 30, 2006
              1472 Posts
              Posted: March 3, 2007, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

good women are rare  (really???)

Sad, sad statement about the world we live in, if that's really true.  I'm a good woman and I'm not rare at all.  In fact, I'm pretty well done!  I could say the same thing about men.  Speaking of wealthy celebrities, why do we always see men with women often 30-40 years younger?  Everyone blames the women (like Anna Nicole) for being gold diggers, but in her case, Mr. Marshall was 89 years old and couldn't have been an imbecile if he was a self-made billionaire.  He knew exactly what he wanted..a young, sexy voluptuous woman!  On another thread someone defended senior citizens, saying how they have so much wisdom and should be treated with equal dignity & respect.  But when it comes to this time of situation we hear "The poor guy. He's so old. He doesn't know any better. She's taking advantage of him."  Baloney.

As a wise man once said, "Bad women are made for bad men and good women are made for good men".

The Virgin Mary was made for Joseph the Carpenter and Bonnie Parker for Bonnie and Clyde. Wink

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: March 3, 2007, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

'Rich' means different things to different people.

To me, I compare my menial lifestyle to the homeless in the US, or to the thousands of squatters living in tin shacks in the slums of Brazil, or the thousands of people starving to death in remote areas of Africa, and I realize just exactly how 'rich' I am. 

I also find it ironic we are spending billions on a war, and we have OUR President touring the tornado-ravaged areas of Alabama asking americans to donate....   I guess I just see something wrong with that picture, I've never heard a president ask people to donate while at the same time touring an area..... it just struck me as odd. 

I have gotten use to everything he does as odd.. He is just not one of us..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #22395
                  September 24, 2005
                  1583 Posts
                  Posted: March 5, 2007, 7:43 am - IP Logged

I am not sure why age is the issue regarding men and women?    A lying, deceitful, conniving person can be any age or gender.  I would suggest that the mental condition of two people meeting can be intact at the time of meeting.  And can go downhill from there.    If senility sets in, it would be easy to sway the guy to make a new will leaving everything to the gold digger.

Yes, I definitely think men can be innocent victims.  And I would add that women could be committing a crime.    The reverse could be true as well, just depends whether it is the guy or woman that has the money.

Kidzmom's avatar - cold
                    NC
                    United States
                    Member #11741
                    February 23, 2005
                    1233 Posts
                    Posted: March 5, 2007, 7:51 am - IP Logged

We all what to win the lottery and become rich. But what does it feel like to be rich. I live a middle class existance thanks to my parents. But there is this girl I like I feel ran off with another guy because he got his own house. It doesn't bother me. I was wondering if you won the lottery you wouldn't know if people like you for you. I feel selfish that way. Would that bother you guys. If you are rich, you would get the girls but would you want the girl that would like you if you were not rich.

Those family and friends I have before I strike it rich will be  the same family and friends  I will have after I strike it rich.  Anyone else is obsolete-- I feel they  will just be there  because I have "ALOT" of money.

Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: March 5, 2007, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Totally agree with you, True Critic.  I do believe there are gold diggers who seek out wealthy, older people (both men & women.) However, most millionaires have a whole team of lawyers and financial advisors looking out for their welfare.  IMHO when you see an older man who is very wealthy with a pretty, younger woman, she isn't taking advantage of him.  Men who aren't wealthy always assume that the woman sought out the wealthy man, when much of the time it's the men who are looking around for the pretty women to show off ("arm candy") because they know if they didn't have money, they wouldn't have a chance in hell. 

Lotto City, Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #36256
                        March 30, 2006
                        1472 Posts
                        Posted: March 5, 2007, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

On another thread someone defended senior citizens, saying how they have so much wisdom and should be treated with equal dignity & respect.  But when it comes to this time of situation we hear "The poor guy. He's so old. He doesn't know any better. She's taking advantage of him."  Baloney

I think that wisdom had nothing to do with wanting a voluptuous woman. Actually I don't think he cared who got his money. He had one foot in the grave and wanted to go out with a bang....LOL

You actually believe she really loved the guy? Well, I guess I would too if someone put me in an apartment for 6 months until my career took off. Give me spending money along the way.

So many people say that she was already famous and had money before she met him, but If you saw that biography shortly after her death, they outline a chronological trail which clearly showed that she met him when she was hired at a strip club. She wasn't doing well there, so she spent money on a boob job to get more attention.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy it....

If that were the case, you'd see many examples of really hot babes walking around with 83 year old men.

I don't think I've seen many in my lifetime. Come to think of it, I haven't seen any at all. OH! wait a minute....I've seen fat old, balding men with some really hot gals....

That can only mean one thing.....LOL

Everytime I watch "The Girls Next Door", I cheer for Hugh Hefner! Cheers  Lurking

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #22395
                          September 24, 2005
                          1583 Posts
                          Posted: March 5, 2007, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

justx

Hmmm...not so sure.  There is at least one woman that runs a dating service that targets millionaires (or at least wealthy guys).    She shows women how to get them.  Saw article about it on TV a few years back probably on dateline/60 minutes or similar show.

I think the majority is women seeking rich guys.  I don't know where data could be obtained to back up either your side or my side.  We will each have to continue with our own beliefs.  Wink

SirMetro's avatar - center
                            East of Atlanta
                            United States
                            Member #6191
                            August 11, 2004
                            1389 Posts
                            Posted: March 6, 2007, 12:13 am - IP Logged

I recall a time when I actually had money. I recall this one young lady I had this incredible crush on. And when I was finally financially able to ask her out for a real date, I learned she was dating some guy only because he had money. She had no idea I was actually worth several times what this guy was worth. And I never told her nor did I ever go on a date with her.

Funny thing is, when I met the Lady who is now my Wife, I barely had gas money from pay check to pay check. My financial world was turned upside down because of a few lousy decisions. Today, I consider myself perhaps one of the wealthest men in the world. I have both a Wife and a Daughter as well as my Brother, my Sister and their Families that love me for who I am and not what I have.

Sure, winning the Lotteries will make our financial lives easier to deal with. But unlike 12 years ago, today, I have a greater reason to be thankful for each day that I am given. And that is worth more then I could ever get if I won all the Lotteries in the world combined.

Sir Metro

Lotto City, Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #36256
                              March 30, 2006
                              1472 Posts
                              Posted: March 6, 2007, 7:27 am - IP Logged

That is a great guitarist, speaking of which, did you see the edition featuring Hugh Hefner and The Girls Next Door in the 2007 Guitar Player's Buying Guide?  

It's really hot! Smile