Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playslip, accidently gets run more than 1X

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 10 years ago by lottolaughs.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
Harbinger
D.C./MD.
United States
Member #44103
July 30, 2006
5583 Posts
Posted: March 3, 2007, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

Is this an old topic?  Since some of us have been talking about filling out playslips for QPs. Tonight, when I played my games, my Bonus5 slip got run by the clerk 2X accidently so I have 2 duplicate set of numbers on two tickets (I don't Qp).  I, of course, bought it.  Would y'all do the same or ask for ticket cancellation?

LOL jarasan

PS My hope is a double big hit.

Now I am seeing the Mega Miliions being hyped on TV,  all over the place.  News must be slow.  they are saying it hasn't been hit in 15 draws. Is that right? 7.5 weeks?  The economy musn't be to bad that approx. $170,000,000 dollars can be raised in such a short time. That's $.55 per every person in the US,  I THINK MORE PEOPLE PLAY THE LOTTERY THAN WE ORIGINALY THOUGHT LAST WEEK!  Remember, there are hundreds of other lotteries being played all over the place, also some of which are at record highs. Where is all this money coming from?  I just came from the store where I bought my Bonus Match 5 and someone was in the midst of writing down numbers between other customers, and the clerk said she was over $300.00 in buying tickets, $40.00 a pop before the draw!  I guess the stock market woes aren't really that bad, stay in, you'll be glad you did.

LOL jarasan

US Flag

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10348 Posts
    Posted: March 4, 2007, 12:45 am - IP Logged

"PS My hope is a double big hit."

That's exactly what I do, Jarasan.  

Wouldn't it be great to check the results, see that there were two winners, and realize they were both you! 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: March 4, 2007, 1:06 am - IP Logged

It depends.  Yes, this has happened to me before and, like you, I kept the duplicate slip.  However, it does mean spending an extra dollar or more, depending on how many panels you've completed on each card. 

Just a warning - once this happened to me when I handed the clerk my 4 cards, but I didn't realize she ran only 3 of them, one of them twice.  So what if the card she didn't run through had the winning numbers?  So I know now that it's very important to check all slips before I leave.  I'm considerate and try to move along very quickly, but I do spend that extra 10 seconds looking at my tickets before I walk away.

San Diego
        United States
        Member #49197
        January 23, 2007
        18 Posts
        Posted: March 4, 2007, 1:12 am - IP Logged

This is a cool topic. I would also keep the ticket. But I wonder......

If I were the sole winner of the jackpot and had to split it with myself, would I be pissed that I wasted $5 on the extra ticket...  Confused

United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10348 Posts
          Posted: March 4, 2007, 1:37 am - IP Logged

Come to think of it, it could be the ultimate hit!

Take the cash option AND the annuity!

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: March 4, 2007, 1:59 am - IP Logged

A guy in Kansas played PB - same numbers 11 minutes apart in two different places, and he got the 5 WB's - twice because he had it on two tickets.

What are the odds ?   Not of just winning, but playing the same numbers twice by design ?  How many folks would even think to do that ?

I know some say they do because if they won the JP then they could take a lump sum with one ticket and the annuity with the other.... 

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49674 Posts
              Posted: March 4, 2007, 7:43 am - IP Logged

"PS My hope is a double big hit."

That's exactly what I do, Jarasan.  

Wouldn't it be great to check the results, see that there were two winners, and realize they were both you! 

Or you check the results:

See their are three Winners:

And realize two of them are YOU!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

cableman753's avatar - 8ball
                Milan Tn. 4 now
                United States
                Member #48261
                December 18, 2006
                22 Posts
                Posted: March 4, 2007, 8:55 am - IP Logged

I don't know about mega millions, but i do know here in tenn. power ball and the pick 5 cannot be cancelled, so if the cleark makes a mistake they have to eat it, but im like you i would have bought it too. i called my cousin in mi. had him buy me some WINNING tickets lol, they are in the mail  Mail For You, have i got it bad or what lmao. and as far as how many ppl buy tickets, some only buy them when it get in the 100s of millions, that just cracks me up like 40 or 50 million would not improve their lifes. i try and have a ticket every draw, i at least have a chance.

Sunny California
                  United States
                  Member #40295
                  May 31, 2006
                  7712 Posts
                  Posted: March 4, 2007, 9:03 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't keep it. This happened a few times when I used to sell lottery tickets,the slip would get sucked back in the machine real quick and run again if you weren't fast enough in pulling it out. Nobody ever bought the duplicate as far as I can remember. Even when there were mistake tickets,my boss always bought them but never once won a thing off of them. I guess when you sell tickets, which I know a few of you have on here or still do, you get a different perspective on these games and the incredible odds. When you sit in front of a terminal,like I used to years ago before lottery tickets were available everywhere,and sell tickets for 8 hours a day and then see how VERY few come back as winners,it can be a bit discouraging. So my attitude is,why spend the extra buck or so for the mistake ticket? OF COURSE it has a chance to be the big winner,but,unfortunately,more often then not, it isn't.

Harbinger
                    D.C./MD.
                    United States
                    Member #44103
                    July 30, 2006
                    5583 Posts
                    Posted: March 4, 2007, 9:59 am - IP Logged

Is this an old topic?  Since some of us have been talking about filling out playslips for QPs. Tonight, when I played my games, my Bonus5 slip got run by the clerk 2X accidently so I have 2 duplicate set of numbers on two tickets (I don't Qp).  I, of course, bought it.  Would y'all do the same or ask for ticket cancellation?

LOL jarasan

PS My hope is a double big hit.

Now I am seeing the Mega Miliions being hyped on TV,  all over the place.  News must be slow.  they are saying it hasn't been hit in 15 draws. Is that right? 7.5 weeks?  The economy musn't be to bad that approx. $170,000,000 dollars can be raised in such a short time. That's $.55 per every person in the US,  I THINK MORE PEOPLE PLAY THE LOTTERY THAN WE ORIGINALY THOUGHT LAST WEEK!  Remember, there are hundreds of other lotteries being played all over the place, also some of which are at record highs. Where is all this money coming from?  I just came from the store where I bought my Bonus Match 5 and someone was in the midst of writing down numbers between other customers, and the clerk said she was over $300.00 in buying tickets, $40.00 a pop before the draw!  I guess the stock market woes aren't really that bad, stay in, you'll be glad you did.

LOL jarasan

US Flag

Well here are the results the slip that got run 2x, it hit for 3 out of 5 for $15.00 each.  My return was $18.00 profit since it cost $12.00 for the duplicates.

The most incredible thing happened last night with regards to web sites,  D.C.'s web site http://www.dclottery.com

was updated before MD.'s!  D.C.'s website is notorious for being slow to update, it has a .gif file for each of the numbers on the page! It must be a real pain to edit that page,  they must have hired someone new to update it, I bet the format may change soon.  Many times you try and go there and it is unavailable, but not lately, it has been on time.

P.S. The Mega Millions jackpot is running on some of the scrolls on the news channels!

LOL jarasan Sun Smiley $340 X 10 e6 could definitely brighten up anybody's day!

California
                      United States
                      Member #46824
                      October 1, 2006
                      270 Posts
                      Posted: March 4, 2007, 11:39 am - IP Logged

Oh where is CASH ONLY when we need him?????

United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10348 Posts
                        Posted: March 4, 2007, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

So, let's say that a transvestite with an atrological sign of Gemini (of course) played the same ticket in two places (as geminis will) and hit solid, 5 and the bonus ball.

So "Carl" decides to go for the cash option, and then "Karla" decides on an annuity.

Might be a bit of sticky wicket getting them both to the same press conference at the same time,  though!

Scared

Of course, as "Karl" thought about his numbers, he had "Walking Around in Women's Underwear" playinhg in the background....

Later on, if you wanna....

We can dress like Madonna... 

Lep

Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5583 Posts
                          Posted: March 4, 2007, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

CA lotteryguy

I think he figured out that we figured out that he would take the cash option only and everyone else should do the same.  Cash Only has the gift of persistence and focus, when he (I am assuming he) spoke,  he was on his topic.  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/151625/781321?q=cash+only

I think this was his last post.

LOL jarasan

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                            Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: March 4, 2007, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss, you need a drink!  LOL  Crazy

Anyway, that's not a bad idea...taking both the annuity and the lump sum option.  I agree with lottolaughs about the waste of a dollar.  The only reason I usually keep a ticket that isn't what I asked for is that I don't want to make a big deal out of it.  However, I first posted something I deleted from my above comment, because it sounded a little cheap. What I wrote is that sometimes I only plan to spend 4 dollars and that's what I put into my pocket.  It doesn't mean I'm so poor that I can't find another dollar, it means I went into a store to buy 4 tickets and didn't expect something to go wrong. 

Sunny California
                              United States
                              Member #40295
                              May 31, 2006
                              7712 Posts
                              Posted: March 5, 2007, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss, you need a drink!  LOL  Crazy

Anyway, that's not a bad idea...taking both the annuity and the lump sum option.  I agree with lottolaughs about the waste of a dollar.  The only reason I usually keep a ticket that isn't what I asked for is that I don't want to make a big deal out of it.  However, I first posted something I deleted from my above comment, because it sounded a little cheap. What I wrote is that sometimes I only plan to spend 4 dollars and that's what I put into my pocket.  It doesn't mean I'm so poor that I can't find another dollar, it means I went into a store to buy 4 tickets and didn't expect something to go wrong. 

Justxploring,I was "Justcurious" if they make you buy your mistake tickets in Florida? When you said you "didn't expect something to go wrong" that made me think they would make you purchase it. Thanks!