Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playslip, accidently gets run more than 1X

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 10 years ago by lottolaughs.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2007, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

Justxploring,I was "Justcurious" if they make you buy your mistake tickets in Florida? When you said you "didn't expect something to go wrong" that made me think they would make you purchase it. Thanks!

No, in FL you can get definitely get a ticket canceled. I would have to go to the site to check on every game, but I know that the tickets for jackpot games can be canceled before the drawing.

However, not every store is willing to do that, although it only takes a second. By law they have to follow the Florida rules, but that doesn't stop a clerk from giving the customer a hard time.  I think it also depends on the employee's experience and the management of the retailer. 

A few months ago in Publix it was very busy and the clerk said "that will be $7" and I had purchased my 4 personal numbers and a quick pick. She canceled the extra tickets immediately.  I only had a $5 bill out or maybe I would have taken them. I really don't know if she ran 2 of my cards through twice or gave me 2 extra quick picks. I just made sure that 4 of the tickets I left with had the numbers I always play. Later I thought that perhaps I should have broken a $20, but $5 was all I planned to spend that night.

After writing this, I'm thinking..."maybe I should have extra cards for quick picks in my plastic lottery card sleeve."

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: March 5, 2007, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

No, in FL you can get definitely get a ticket canceled. I would have to go to the site to check on every game, but I know that the tickets for jackpot games can be canceled before the drawing.

However, not every store is willing to do that, although it only takes a second. By law they have to follow the Florida rules, but that doesn't stop a clerk from giving the customer a hard time.  I think it also depends on the employee's experience and the management of the retailer. 

A few months ago in Publix it was very busy and the clerk said "that will be $7" and I had purchased my 4 personal numbers and a quick pick. She canceled the extra tickets immediately.  I only had a $5 bill out or maybe I would have taken them. I really don't know if she ran 2 of my cards through twice or gave me 2 extra quick picks. I just made sure that 4 of the tickets I left with had the numbers I always play. Later I thought that perhaps I should have broken a $20, but $5 was all I planned to spend that night.

After writing this, I'm thinking..."maybe I should have extra cards for quick picks in my plastic lottery card sleeve."

That's good to hear. I can't believe that ANY state would make you buy the mistakes. You're right,it only takes a second and they don't have to cancel it right at that moment either. They can always put it aside and do it later when the store's not busy just as long as it's before the end of the drawing,so there's no excuse why they should give anyone a hard time about it. Thanks for answering!

I'm thinking..."maybe I should have extra cards for quick picks in my plastic lottery card sleeve."  (Good idea!)