Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is your budget/plan if you win the 340 million?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 10 years ago by guesser.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Greenwich, CT
United States
Member #4793
May 24, 2004
1822 Posts
Posted: March 6, 2007, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

I think the whole charity idea is nebulous, until you win.

Once you win, you can start forming concrete ideas of how much money you'd feel comfortable giving away, and be able to seriously look into projects for your town or other interests.

Fibonacci's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    New York, NY
    United States
    Member #39471
    May 16, 2006
    2696 Posts
    Posted: March 6, 2007, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

10% to charity/religion

25% to family, friends 

35% to lawyers and financial advisers

9% fighting off legal challenges including from family members heretofore unknown

1% treating myself --$200 haircuts, $1200 suits, bling, personal trainer, playing polo, country club fees, heavy tipping etc

5% wasted on new cars,art, furniture, new house(s)--all the things I cannot afford now

2% in a bank account where they charge me to keep my money

6% on doctors, psychcologists, psychiatrists, new Age Gurus, obeahmen, witches to fight off diseases and fears that people are out to get me

Where did that other 7% go?

Now I need a loan? Anyone care to help? 

$$$

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
      Member #28409
      December 15, 2005
      1198 Posts
      Posted: March 6, 2007, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

10% to charity/religion

25% to family, friends 

35% to lawyers and financial advisers

9% fighting off legal challenges including from family members heretofore unknown

1% treating myself --$200 haircuts, $1200 suits, bling, personal trainer, playing polo, country club fees, heavy tipping etc

5% wasted on new cars,art, furniture, new house(s)--all the things I cannot afford now

2% in a bank account where they charge me to keep my money

6% on doctors, psychcologists, psychiatrists, new Age Gurus, obeahmen, witches to fight off diseases and fears that people are out to get me

Where did that other 7% go?

Now I need a loan? Anyone care to help? 

ROFL

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: March 6, 2007, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

My act of charity would be to build and indoor ice skating rink in our town.  We have an outdoor one, and it is only useable about a month or so, before the ice gets too crappy to skate on.

I'd do the same, but it would be roller hockey rinks, we don't have any here, just revamped tennis courts.  And those skateboard parks - the ones that look like huge swimming pools, if I could find a way to not be liable for injuries, I'd fund some of them.

I'd love to fund kid's sports in the 'bad' end of town - but if I allocate money to a ball field and it isn't kept up, what good is it ? I would meet all kinds of folks halfway, but they have to do something to earn it, to show appreciation for it, and the main thing there is to take care of what I fund.