Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Arrgghh! I Marked the PowerBall Ticket Wrong!

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LuckyLilly.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What Should I Do?

Chill out & save $10, you weren't gonna win anyway [ 12 ]  [36.36%]
Go buy another ticket for $20 with the PowePlay [ 18 ]  [54.55%]
Buy a quickpick with the PowerPlay [ 3 ]  [9.09%]
Total Valid Votes [ 33 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10354 Posts
Posted: March 10, 2007, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

Re: Game shows, many mooons ago Ernie Kovacs had a game show called Take A Good Luck.

For all such shows that have came and gone since then, I still think it was one of the hardest ever- one night the clue was this:

A cowboy is in a saloon in the old West, someone threw a playing card in the air, and the cowboy shot it.

That was the clue- the answer was:

Eddie Rickenbacker, flying ace. If you looked real close the playing card thrown in the air was an ace. That was one tough game show.

Justxploring- call ya and raise you on the neurosis- I think sometimes "the cosmos" is really paying attention, and what if <INSERT MYSTICAL HERE> it works like this, if LuckyLilly had played the multiplier, no chance of hitting, but if she doesn't it hit - not really too much differernt than a poker machine that hits a royal flush with one coin in that wouldn't have hit with five in.

(Ask ten slot mechanics about that one and you'll get more than ten answers.) 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: March 10, 2007, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

I used to be neurotic about certain lottery things - I'd never buy my tickets until after 6pm the night of the drawing, if a winner bought their ticket at the same place/store as I buy mine (not same exact location, but same store NAME), I'd buy mine elsewhere (What are the odds of Kum and Go selling two winning tickets within a certain time frame, say 3 years ?).

I'm past those phobias, the only one I follow now is not posting my picks publicly prior to the game - I did that for awhile and never won so much as $3, whereas before (and since) I used to win something back about every other drawing... 

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5583 Posts
      Posted: March 10, 2007, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Well hopefully you went back and played them correctly by now. That is what I would have done, "damn the torpedoes full speed ahead, we are at ramming speed".  Go go PowerBall!  I wonder whatever happened to the nutty PowerBall Professor who introduced the Power Play option to us a few years back.  I think he may have been trying to be a funny Professor Einstein teaching us about the Power Play.  Instead of E=mC2, he taught us spend twice as much and you could win up to five times the amount.  LOL jarasanWhite Bounce

United States
        Member #10720
        January 23, 2005
        933 Posts
        Posted: March 11, 2007, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

I would do this: you're afraid of getting 5+0 w/o PP. And you can't cancel Powerball tickets. So I'd play the same lower 5 #s but different Bonus Ball(s) with PP. This way for 5+0 you'd get the PP value PLUS one more! ALSO you would have that many unique chances on the JACKPOT. Your only risk then would be getting something like 3+1 or 4+1 etc. on the non-PP.

United States
          Member #16612
          June 2, 2005
          3493 Posts
          Posted: March 11, 2007, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't play any lotto as my vote. I would have bought food instead.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
            Member #50124
            February 26, 2007
            601 Posts
            Posted: March 11, 2007, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't play any lotto as my vote. I would have bought food instead.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm dieting.  Green laugh