Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 6:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Observation

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Thoth.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Toronto
Canada
Member #50058
February 24, 2007
1 Posts
Posted: March 16, 2007, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,I don't know about you but does anyone really buy into the notion of the "stars" will provide the next pick six or seven lottery winning numbers.As well as how can anyone believe in the "statistical analysis" method? Along with the all too favorite "probability method".In my opinion, these are hypothetical notions.Simply put if you play a given range of numbers on a full or abbreviated wheel you will win.How can anything or anyone possibly predict the touchy feely or star like aberration of numbers which will fall.Forgive me I'm trying not to be negative; I'm just making a comment. I don't want anyone ripped off by someone who can promise the "stars".I welcome additional comments to prove my point.    Kind regards to allBonesy 

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: March 16, 2007, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Most people in general are curious about their origin, significance in life, and the surrounding universe. Considering that we are all composed of star dust, one can only assume that by looking into a star's history and behavior as a source or clue, might help to find patterns and trends, which may or may not apply to the lottery, but it dosen't hurt to find out...LOL

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23351 Posts
      Posted: March 16, 2007, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Mystical forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Thoth's avatar - binary
        Findlay, Ohio
        United States
        Member #4855
        May 28, 2004
        400 Posts
        Posted: March 17, 2007, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,I don't know about you but does anyone really buy into the notion of the "stars" will provide the next pick six or seven lottery winning numbers.As well as how can anyone believe in the "statistical analysis" method? Along with the all too favorite "probability method".In my opinion, these are hypothetical notions.Simply put if you play a given range of numbers on a full or abbreviated wheel you will win.How can anything or anyone possibly predict the touchy feely or star like aberration of numbers which will fall.Forgive me I'm trying not to be negative; I'm just making a comment. I don't want anyone ripped off by someone who can promise the "stars".I welcome additional comments to prove my point.    Kind regards to allBonesy 

Personally, I don't believe that Astrology can consistently give you winning numbers.  At least not to the extent that it will inexplicitly overcome the laws of probability.  What I mean is that, if your Astological number picking system gives you five no-match Pick 3 numbers to play boxed for every drawing, then you will only win about 3% of the time, which is the probability of any five boxed numbers winning.

Statistics and probability go hand in hand.  Statistics, as applied to the lottery, is more a measure of how probabilities have performed rather than being its own entity.  Like the Astrological method of choosing numbers, playing the probabilities normally only allows you to win at a rate that is equal to the probability itself.

The different between Atrological and Probability based number picking is that one who knows the true probabilites also realistically knows his or her true chance of winning.

I can't speak for those who use Astrology (as I know very little about it), but as far as statistics and probability is concerend, there is more than hypothetical notions involved. 

~Probability=Odds in Motion~