Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Damn, I keep putting all the right numbers on the wrong lines...

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 10 years ago by MegaWinner.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
New Jersey
United States
Member #50273
March 3, 2007
348 Posts
Posted: March 18, 2007, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

From drawing to drawing since I started my system,  I have been getting closer and closer to the jackpot win.  The last two PB and previous 3 MM drawings (minus the last MM drawing), I have had ALL of the numbers in my number pool show up (a pool of 20 numbers or less).  I just can't seem to put all the right numbers on the same line.  I do the 3 odd 2 even and vice versa bit, I follow repeat patterns, longshot patterns, super hot, hot, mild, cold patterns, start low end high, start low end low, 2 high 3 low and vice versa, 1 high 4 low and vice versa and with all these stats, I STILL CAN'T PUT THE RIGHT COMBO ON THE SAME LINE LOL! 

But guess what, I can feel that I will get it right in the very near future though so I'm gonna keep on trying! 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19824 Posts
    Posted: March 18, 2007, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

During the drawing for the $390M MegaMillions jackpot, I matched 4/5+0 for $150.  I have all 5 winning numbers in a pool of 34 numbers and the bonus ball wasn't in my pool of 15 bonus numbers.  I play 60 lines and the winner was on the 35 th lines and in those 60 lines I didn't repeat any 3 number combinations.  Had it rolled I was going to try the same thing with 150 lines if possible, but I never got the chance.

I'm beginning to think it's better to play as many lines as you can afford from as small of group of numbers as you're comfortable with.  I may save up until the jackpot get big again and then go all out. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #50273
      March 3, 2007
      348 Posts
      Posted: March 18, 2007, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

During the drawing for the $390M MegaMillions jackpot, I matched 4/5+0 for $150.  I have all 5 winning numbers in a pool of 34 numbers and the bonus ball wasn't in my pool of 15 bonus numbers.  I play 60 lines and the winner was on the 35 th lines and in those 60 lines I didn't repeat any 3 number combinations.  Had it rolled I was going to try the same thing with 150 lines if possible, but I never got the chance.

I'm beginning to think it's better to play as many lines as you can afford from as small of group of numbers as you're comfortable with.  I may save up until the jackpot get big again and then go all out. 

Yeah, I remember you pointed that out.  You got REALLY close!  But you know what RJOh, you can't get mad or upset at yourself for not getting it right.  Even if you had a pool of 15 WB numbers and a pool of 10 MB numbers, thats a CRAPLOAD of combinations!!!

"I'm beginning to think it's better to play as many lines as you can afford from as small of group of numbers as you're comfortable with.  I may save up until the jackpot get big again and then go all out. "

I think its better that way too but even as the weeks and drawings go on, you have to start adding numbers to your pool as you take some out.  So its like your pool will always have pretty much the same amount of numbers that you started it with.  I go at least 3 drawings before I start to add numbers to my pool.  When I first started my MM number pool, I started with like 28 numbers.  After 2 drawings, it shrunk to 17 after the last 3 drawings (11 of my numbers hit, but the last MM drawing threw a curveball in there, I only matched one WB from my pool.  I suppose it was a fluke drawing if you wanna call it that).  I have added 4 numbers to the pool to make it 21 numbers now though. 

As far as MB numbers, I try to see groupings.  Like single digit number, a teen number, a 20-30 number, a 30-40 number, and a 40's number.  I see what hasn't hit lately and try to go with those groupings.  I get one everytime this way but I haven't yet figured out a way to pair groups with the last WB number since its so sporadic.

I think me and you will get a jackpot soon enough though RJOh!  I can feel it lol! 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19824 Posts
        Posted: March 18, 2007, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

My pool of numbers aren't fixed.  I pick my numbers several ways and go back 50 drawings to see what percent would have matched 5 if those numbers had been picked the same way, Any method that would have pick all 5 numbers 5-10 times I'll use. If I find 5 ways that work then I used them all to pick my numbers and any numbers that in all 5 groups I will use. For that MM drawing I found four groups of 39-42 numbers and the 34 numbers I used were in all four groups.  I explained how I picked those numbers in another thread about hot and cold numbers.

Evil Looking       

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
          Florida
          United States
          Member #46570
          September 14, 2006
          558 Posts
          Posted: March 19, 2007, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

I've had decent success with 6# lotto getting 3 and 4 numbers mostly ..got 5 numbers once.

I go back 8 draws and pick out the 8 hot numbers and then pick 8 cold numbers from within those 8 most recent draws. Then I mix them up and try for about 20 combos. I've been pretty good at getting 3-4 numbers this way. Maybe someone can backtest a different amount of past draws and see if that makes a difference..maybe go back 12,15 or 20 draws or more to get a bigger pool of hot and cold numbers.

Good Luck and may good fortunes fall your way.

Omniscient

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
            FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: March 19, 2007, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

I put my pool of numbers into a RNG and make my combinations that way.  The only filtering I use is all high/low, odd/even.  Works as well as a wheel and I cover half of the possible number pool.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: March 19, 2007, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

Damn, I keep putting all the right numbers on the wrong lines...

You gotta stop doin that....

CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
                Illinois
                United States
                Member #46704
                September 23, 2006
                3692 Posts
                Posted: March 19, 2007, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

Where can a RNG be found that lets you input the numbers comming out?

Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont

NY
                  United States
                  Member #23835
                  October 16, 2005
                  3474 Posts
                  Posted: March 20, 2007, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

"You got REALLY close!"

4 of 5 does sounds close, doesn't it? You only need one more ball plus the mega ball. The problem is that 4+0 is more than 11,000 times as likely as matching 5+1.  If you had an absolute guarantee of matching 4+0 on every drawing you could still only expect to match 5+1 about once every 110 years.

In that case, the smart strategy (assuming you were making a profit on the 4+0 wins, of course) would be to forget about the jackpot and bet each of your lines multiple times to increase your profit.  If you could make a $50 profit playing each line once you could just reinvest the profit and it wouldn't take long to be making a fat profit. How filthy rich would you be from investing in the stock market if you could earn a 50% return every 3 or 4 days?

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7302 Posts
                    Posted: March 20, 2007, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

"You got REALLY close!"

4 of 5 does sounds close, doesn't it? You only need one more ball plus the mega ball. The problem is that 4+0 is more than 11,000 times as likely as matching 5+1.  If you had an absolute guarantee of matching 4+0 on every drawing you could still only expect to match 5+1 about once every 110 years.

In that case, the smart strategy (assuming you were making a profit on the 4+0 wins, of course) would be to forget about the jackpot and bet each of your lines multiple times to increase your profit.  If you could make a $50 profit playing each line once you could just reinvest the profit and it wouldn't take long to be making a fat profit. How filthy rich would you be from investing in the stock market if you could earn a 50% return every 3 or 4 days?

When we first got the Buckeye 5 (5/37) in Ohio I was positive that I could win $100 grand but that idea only lasted about 4 month so I played an occasional $5 QP. We now have Rolling Cash 5 (5/39) and the jackpots get over $300 grand so I jumped back in.  I tried a new method of selecting the numbers, came up with 18, and played a 3if5 abbreviated wheel for $30. I did better than getting close because I had all 5 numbers and the wheel preformed exactly how it was designed; I got one 3 and some 2s.

There were 30 different ways that I could have arranged the 18 numbers where I would have all 5 on the same line or I could have played the full wheel for $8568. Looking at it realistically, there is only 1 jackpot winning combination out 8568 and I only played .35%.

So I'm back to an occasional $5 QP.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #1303
                      March 27, 2003
                      1508 Posts
                      Posted: March 20, 2007, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

I put my pool of numbers into a RNG and make my combinations that way.  The only filtering I use is all high/low, odd/even.  Works as well as a wheel and I cover half of the possible number pool.

Say Rick, where do you find an RNG that allows you to use your own numbers?  That sounds interesting, but I've never seen an RNG that allows that....they always want to generate their own numbers.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

kjs703's avatar - batman08
                        Alexandria,VA
                        United States
                        Member #51062
                        March 26, 2007
                        367 Posts
                        Posted: March 27, 2007, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

Here are my results for the last three MM drawings.....

(I call a ticket as five lines of five numbers with a Bonus Ball per line)

Last Draw 3/23/07

Ticket One:  Line two -- matched four numbers

Line Three -- matched three numbers

Line Four  -- matched Bonus Ball

(so ticket one had all five drawn numbers and Bonus ball -- just not same line)

Draw 3/20/07

Ticket Two

Line One -- matched two numbers

Line Two -- Matched two numbers

Line Three -- Matched one number

Line Four -- Matched two numbers

Line five  -- Matched two numbers

(no bonus ball matched on this ticket, but all five numbers were on ticket)

Draw 3/16/07

Ticket Three

Line One ---- Matched three numbers

line two    --- matched bonus ball

Line Three --- Matched two numbers

Line Five  -- Matched three numbers

(this ticket had bonus ball and four of the drawn numbers -- again not same line)

============================

So yes I know that feeling of coming so close........

Still trying.

KJ 

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                          Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5583 Posts
                          Posted: March 27, 2007, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

That is an excellent plan. RJ how do play the bonus ball? I use the same MegaBall or PowerBall on every line.  I  am quite happy just hitting the bonus ball anything else is the bonus to me, 'cause every line now has the odds reduced to 3,904,701 : 1 if I get the bonus ball, of course.  Not great but better.  I look at it this way 1 : 46 for the bonus ball in Mega and 1 :42 for the PowerBall.  Climb the small mountain first then go for Mt. Everest.

LOL jarasan

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                            Member #41383
                            June 16, 2006
                            1969 Posts
                            Posted: March 27, 2007, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

From drawing to drawing since I started my system,  I have been getting closer and closer to the jackpot win.  The last two PB and previous 3 MM drawings (minus the last MM drawing), I have had ALL of the numbers in my number pool show up (a pool of 20 numbers or less).  I just can't seem to put all the right numbers on the same line.  I do the 3 odd 2 even and vice versa bit, I follow repeat patterns, longshot patterns, super hot, hot, mild, cold patterns, start low end high, start low end low, 2 high 3 low and vice versa, 1 high 4 low and vice versa and with all these stats, I STILL CAN'T PUT THE RIGHT COMBO ON THE SAME LINE LOL! 

But guess what, I can feel that I will get it right in the very near future though so I'm gonna keep on trying! 

20 numbers (or less ?) ?

Get back to us when you narrow it down to 10.

You also don't say how many games you play, and also, I looked for your prior predictions and prediction statistics here, and I don't see any, so pardon me if I doubt you just a teeny bit.  I'm not saying I don't believe you, but it's kinda hard for us to really believe such bold statements with no advance predictions.

And before you even start, I don't make my predictions public, but I also don't make such bold statements, either. 

But, hopefully you will guess lucky and get it right one day. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19824 Posts
                              Posted: March 27, 2007, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

That is an excellent plan. RJ how do play the bonus ball? I use the same MegaBall or PowerBall on every line.  I  am quite happy just hitting the bonus ball anything else is the bonus to me, 'cause every line now has the odds reduced to 3,904,701 : 1 if I get the bonus ball, of course.  Not great but better.  I look at it this way 1 : 46 for the bonus ball in Mega and 1 :42 for the PowerBall.  Climb the small mountain first then go for Mt. Everest.

LOL jarasan

I'm still experimenting, tonight I reduced the pool for the five numbers and increase the bonus number pool and I matched the bonus ball and had only one of the other balls in my pool so the best I could do was 0+1 in 24 lines.  I seem to hit the bonus ball when I give myself a 50/50 chance of hitting it. 

I tend to think I can't afford to spend as much as I did when the jackpot isn't a record amount but if I won as much as I played or more most of the time then I probably could afford to play like that all the time.

I'm still trying to develop my system to a point where I feel comfortable buying more lines.

Evil Looking