Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do I play when I hate money

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 10 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #10438
January 13, 2005
431 Posts
Posted: March 22, 2007, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

Tis the root of all evil Mad Red Devil

My best comparision about money would be a 1/2 wrench  to a auto repair shop...  Being that you have to have it in todays world,, but I would burn every dollar for a taste of money free livin such was the case lets say of American Indain days so to speak  Just think about a world without money  when surviving is enough  being able to live off the land feed/cloth/and house your family without worry of paying your electric billEek

but since this so called civilzed world we live in exsists -(((AND IT WILL END SOMEDAY))-at least for the time being  the lottery is a go 

LOL  I guess I am in 1 of -those- moods todayWink

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: March 22, 2007, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

May you play to lose it since you hate it..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10355 Posts
      Posted: March 22, 2007, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

The complete saying is the love of money is the root of all evil, not money is the root of all evil. It's from the Bible.

Money is merely a tool, like you mentioned about the 1/2" wrench.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
        A long and winding road
        United States
        Member #17084
        June 10, 2005
        4533 Posts
        Posted: March 22, 2007, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Im no shrink in determining the answer to the question posed.

I will say that I got a kick out of the question though! What did a piece of paper with ink splotches do to you ?  Sorry without money most folks would find NO incentive to even attempt to be productive in life. They'd steal and gather without any recourse since we'd need no law to say there is a fine for doing such. People would speed without worry that a speed trap lays ahead and they could be fined. They'd have no taxes so schools would be obsolete. What teacher really would want to teach? ( Other then those that I know who have a passion for such). Whatever would religious zealot do with out his followers to toss him money or else the lord would take him away! ( wait a sec....Im beginning to see how money is evil... just kidding )

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: March 22, 2007, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

As far as I can remember, we live in a material world.

It takes money and lots of it to keep up with the  inflation/wage scenario.

Instead of thinking about all the bad things money may bring, why not focus on all the positive things money can provide, for your family and friends. Why attach the evil to the general population, when the evil side of people in the world are just a minority?

Most folk in general are law abiding civilians doing their best to just survive.

Money may be aligned with evil by the many religous majority, but in my book, only great things would abound.

Guns don't kill people...people kill people.

As with guns, money is just another tool, and especially how you use it.

By the way....LOL.....It's all in your mind....

Morrison, IL
            United States
            Member #4657
            May 13, 2004
            1884 Posts
            Posted: March 22, 2007, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

It's not money that causes grief, it's the dumbass Federal Reserve and its constant increasing of the money supply!! If there were such a thing as President of the world, I would run and if I were elected, I'd force all countries to use the gold standard and if they all go through periods of deflation as opposed to inflation, then tough -- that's just the cycle of correction. In fact, growth deflation (an increase in productivity with a fixed money supply), not inflation, should be the aim of any economy. The industrialized economies are just afraid of deflation because of prices that are "sticky downwards," so they just keep increasing the money supply while the economies should instead allow downward flexibility in all prices, including wages (ie, drop the minimum wage laws). On the surface, decreasing wages sound bad, but if the cost of living goes down with them...

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: March 22, 2007, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

The problem with decreasing wages is that there would be a much greater gap between classes.  We are experiencing a big change in SW Florida.  The cost of living has risen so much that many of the "middle class" residents are moving out.  Teachers can't afford to live here on their salaries. Firefighters and police officers can't afford to live in the towns where they serve.

I agree that inflation is bad, but people living on minimum wage can hardly survive.  A drop in the cost of living won't affect them as much as it will benefit the wealthy.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                49835 Posts
                Posted: March 22, 2007, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Tis the root of all evil Mad Red Devil

My best comparision about money would be a 1/2 wrench  to a auto repair shop...  Being that you have to have it in todays world,, but I would burn every dollar for a taste of money free livin such was the case lets say of American Indain days so to speak  Just think about a world without money  when surviving is enough  being able to live off the land feed/cloth/and house your family without worry of paying your electric billEek

but since this so called civilzed world we live in exsists -(((AND IT WILL END SOMEDAY))-at least for the time being  the lottery is a go 

LOL  I guess I am in 1 of -those- moods todayWink

You can return to the Days of Yesteryear...

Become a Quaker and Move to Pennsylvania...

It'll be a Simpler Life, but You may not Like It...

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: March 22, 2007, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

You can return to the Days of Yesteryear...

Become a Quaker and Move to Pennsylvania...

It'll be a Simpler Life, but You may not Like It...

Raven, you must be thinking of the Amish!  Big difference.  Some of the most influential people in politics, business and music are Quakers. 

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10355 Posts
                    Posted: March 22, 2007, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

If I remember correctly, Nixon was a Quaker.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: March 23, 2007, 12:20 am - IP Logged

If I remember correctly, Nixon was a Quaker.

Yes, he was the first person who came to mind.  Herbert Hoover was also a Quaker. 

If I began listing all the Quakers like James Dean, Bonnie Raitt, Joan Baez, then I'd be cheating since I googled the words "famous Quakers" just now.  David Byrne is a Quaker.  I always liked like the Talking Heads.

Take me to the river, drop me in the water
                      Take me to the river, dip me in the water
                      Washing me down, washing me down

Raven62's avatar - binary
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        49835 Posts
                        Posted: March 23, 2007, 12:25 am - IP Logged

Raven, you must be thinking of the Amish!  Big difference.  Some of the most influential people in politics, business and music are Quakers. 

That would be them:

Amish: A Protestant sect, derived from the Mennonites, noteworthy for their simple lifestyle. LOL!

Quaker: A popular name for a member of the Society of Friends.

Quaker Gun: A dummy gun or cannon, as of wood (so called from Quakers' opposition to war).

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                          Member #10438
                          January 13, 2005
                          431 Posts
                          Posted: March 23, 2007, 9:16 am - IP Logged

Just seems like a giant circle,

Rob peter to pay paul,

with no way out except the lottery ((maybe hit a penny stock)) but thats about the only ways I see to get out of this circle, buying stock a little at a time may be great for when I am 60 but I dont want to wait that long.....

Good Grief I'm still in 1 of those moodsNo Pity!

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #50273
                            March 3, 2007
                            348 Posts
                            Posted: March 23, 2007, 9:22 am - IP Logged

Rich Dad Poor Dad

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10355 Posts
                              Posted: March 23, 2007, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

Rich Dad Poor Dad

MegaWinner

The authoir of those Rich Dad Poor Dad books, Richard T. Kityosaki, turned out to be very controversial. A lot of the  money he made came from multi-level marketing, not real estate. 

Still good books though, but you have to take some of his info with a grain of salt.  

Lep