Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do I play when I hate money

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 10 years ago by justxploring.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
A long and winding road
United States
Member #17084
June 10, 2005
4532 Posts
Posted: March 23, 2007, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

True that on the superficial level it would appear that the Amish maintain little use for the financial world. They are exempt from taxes and from most govtment regulated programs. Yet they take advantage of any opportunity to haggle with the commoners for goods. Its rather annoying and not a lifestyle to be taken lightly. Working the kids from morn til neigh and thinking its gods will.

The Amish community is extremely cloistered. They live just across the river from my town so I understand their respect for the land and the idea of a hard days work. They want nothing to change so any upheavel to the regulated lifestyle offsets there chosen plan. Its an extreme yet not an envied lifestyle to be brought into. Imagine not being able to have the freedom to choose your own music or clothing but rather be told what is okay to listen too or wear. Very communistic in that way. The positives are: Elders are still revereed and taken care of, High level of forgiveness, Believe in working for the family and god. Financially rich with land and not having taxation. No labor wages since they hire there family members  to help on the farms or business...Old fashion trades are still taught. Masonary, roofing, machinery repair, woodworking. These skills are mastered and rarely given the recognition they deserve !

The negative: No tv, outside media, radio , women are treated subserviant, education is limited to a narrow way of teaching. Medical care is limited to their religious beliefs...No immunization shots are to be given, no blood transfusions, no radiation treatment . Thats why we had 3mile island to spread that radiation to all...we didnt want to be bias!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #50273
    March 3, 2007
    348 Posts
    Posted: March 23, 2007, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

MegaWinner

The authoir of those Rich Dad Poor Dad books, Richard T. Kityosaki, turned out to be very controversial. A lot of the  money he made came from multi-level marketing, not real estate. 

Still good books though, but you have to take some of his info with a grain of salt.  

Even still, his avice can be applied to any sector of business or investing.  Alos, there actually are some good MLM's out there.  Verizon and most of the major telecommunication firms out there are some of the biggest MLM's.

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5124 Posts
      Posted: March 23, 2007, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Tis the root of all evil Mad Red Devil

My best comparision about money would be a 1/2 wrench  to a auto repair shop...  Being that you have to have it in todays world,, but I would burn every dollar for a taste of money free livin such was the case lets say of American Indain days so to speak  Just think about a world without money  when surviving is enough  being able to live off the land feed/cloth/and house your family without worry of paying your electric billEek

but since this so called civilzed world we live in exsists -(((AND IT WILL END SOMEDAY))-at least for the time being  the lottery is a go 

LOL  I guess I am in 1 of -those- moods todayWink

FESS______________^^^^^^^^^^^^^^STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU don't need MONEY to live in the DEMO or>>

REPUB>>>>>>>>>>>>SOCIETY today or yesterday!!!!!!!!!!STUPID!

but, if U won't too????

play the lottery>>>>>>>UUUUUUUUUmust produce something that

L@@KssssssssLIKEaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa$$$$$$$$$$$$,

OTHERWISE, grow your own FOOD & make your own clothes>>>>>

WALLA....................UUUUUUU..............GOT-it...............MADE$$$$$$

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>GO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FOR_ITTTT?? 

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5124 Posts
        Posted: March 23, 2007, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

The problem with decreasing wages is that there would be a much greater gap between classes.  We are experiencing a big change in SW Florida.  The cost of living has risen so much that many of the "middle class" residents are moving out.  Teachers can't afford to live here on their salaries. Firefighters and police officers can't afford to live in the towns where they serve.

I agree that inflation is bad, but people living on minimum wage can hardly survive.  A drop in the cost of living won't affect them as much as it will benefit the wealthy.

AMEN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>justxploring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mabyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyUUUUUUUUUHAVE HIT the NAIL on the

HEAD>>>>>>>>>>

but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in the meanwhile,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GET-out  of the....

PALM BEACH...........CROWD who RRRRRRRRRRRR MOVIN"GGGGGGG

INTO<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<YOUR PATCH!!!!!!! 

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5124 Posts
          Posted: March 23, 2007, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

Yes, he was the first person who came to mind.  Herbert Hoover was also a Quaker. 

If I began listing all the Quakers like James Dean, Bonnie Raitt, Joan Baez, then I'd be cheating since I googled the words "famous Quakers" just now.  David Byrne is a Quaker.  I always liked like the Talking Heads.

Take me to the river, drop me in the water
          Take me to the river, dip me in the water
          Washing me down, washing me down

YE$$$$$$$$$$$

UUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRcorrect....

they'RRRR from..

PALM BEACH,FL$

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5124 Posts
            Posted: March 23, 2007, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

Rich Dad Poor Dad

OH knowwwwwwwwwwwwMegalo$$$$$$innnerrrrrrrrrrrLOSER!!!!!uuuuuuuKNOO!

GET ah MAMA & PO$$$$$$$$$$$$T...............................or make aHH

CONTRIBUTITION to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lottery POST

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLuck/BUTTTT

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTwith?ITTT$$ 

United States
              Member #10720
              January 23, 2005
              933 Posts
              Posted: March 23, 2007, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

(sober response) Money is a TOOL which can be used for good or bad. Without money, the electric bill among other things doesn't get paid, and without electric you're going to have a hard time getting on here to post. This is 2007 and there's no way I could want to live like Amish or Amer. Indians etc. I'd get bored out of my skull!

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5124 Posts
                Posted: March 23, 2007, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

YE$$$$$$$$$$$

UUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRcorrect....

they'RRRR from..

PALM BEACH,FL$

LUVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV.................................PALM BEACH>>>>>>>

JUST heve-too get in LINE.............................too FLY DOWN>>>>>

PartyPartyPartyMail For You

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10354 Posts
                  Posted: March 24, 2007, 1:44 am - IP Logged

True that on the superficial level it would appear that the Amish maintain little use for the financial world. They are exempt from taxes and from most govtment regulated programs. Yet they take advantage of any opportunity to haggle with the commoners for goods. Its rather annoying and not a lifestyle to be taken lightly. Working the kids from morn til neigh and thinking its gods will.

The Amish community is extremely cloistered. They live just across the river from my town so I understand their respect for the land and the idea of a hard days work. They want nothing to change so any upheavel to the regulated lifestyle offsets there chosen plan. Its an extreme yet not an envied lifestyle to be brought into. Imagine not being able to have the freedom to choose your own music or clothing but rather be told what is okay to listen too or wear. Very communistic in that way. The positives are: Elders are still revereed and taken care of, High level of forgiveness, Believe in working for the family and god. Financially rich with land and not having taxation. No labor wages since they hire there family members  to help on the farms or business...Old fashion trades are still taught. Masonary, roofing, machinery repair, woodworking. These skills are mastered and rarely given the recognition they deserve !

The negative: No tv, outside media, radio , women are treated subserviant, education is limited to a narrow way of teaching. Medical care is limited to their religious beliefs...No immunization shots are to be given, no blood transfusions, no radiation treatment . Thats why we had 3mile island to spread that radiation to all...we didnt want to be bias!

TheGameGirl

Four Amish families just moved here from Wisconsin., and paid $1,200,000 for 783 acres.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                    Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: March 24, 2007, 6:34 am - IP Logged

I do my best to keep my personal life out of the topics, but recent experiences have taught me that in today's world, we can't really give up what we used to think of as toys or luxuries without a major lifestyle change because they've become necessities.