Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what image do you get in your mind from a members screename or avatar?

Topic closed. 95 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Lkydeb*594.

Page 2 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
Michigan
United States
Member #22395
September 24, 2005
1583 Posts
Posted: March 23, 2007, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

Delores

First off, please do not take this as an attack on you or anyone else at LP.  It is simply a question.

What does it mean about a person that posts with large bold fonts instead of posting in the default font size?  I think there is a need for large fonts but I mean the people that post regularly using them.  And there are several - I am just interested to know if it means they are insecure?  Or maybe they are over confident?  Or afraid that no one will pay attention if they use a normal font size?  Or other?

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #14
    November 9, 2001
    31347 Posts
    Posted: March 23, 2007, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

Think of LOTTOMIKE as big lottery winner continuously counting and playing with his money.

Justx as a mysterious blonde.

Maddog as a...well, Mad Dog!

EmilyG as a smart kitty.  Smarter than Garfield even!

Too Funny    oh yes - Garfield is my hero.

Cat 

love to nibble those micey feet.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
      Beautiful Florida
      United States
      Member #5709
      July 18, 2004
      20110 Posts
      Posted: March 23, 2007, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Delores

First off, please do not take this as an attack on you or anyone else at LP.  It is simply a question.

What does it mean about a person that posts with large bold fonts instead of posting in the default font size?  I think there is a need for large fonts but I mean the people that post regularly using them.  And there are several - I am just interested to know if it means they are insecure?  Or maybe they are over confident?  Or afraid that no one will pay attention if they use a normal font size?  Or other?

truecritic,

There is a reason for delores posting in large fonts. If you would take the time  to read some of their post, you would understand why. Delores has a problem with her eye's, where as you have no trouble seeing what you post in normal fonts, she can read it when its done in large fonts.. 

Maddog.

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: March 23, 2007, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

True Critic,

Maybe Delores has vision problems.

Edit:  Mad Dog and I posted at the exact same time, so I didn't see his post when I wrote this.

Michigan
          United States
          Member #22395
          September 24, 2005
          1583 Posts
          Posted: March 23, 2007, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

I have read several things from Delores, must have missed the vison problem.  So that would fall under the "other" category.    I too have vison problems and can't recognize a friend 40 feet away without my glasses.

I am responding to what Delores wrote, her statement about character by reading what a poster writes.   The crux of my question is what does Delores see as to character of a poster that uses large fonts.    Not attacking anyone.

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
            Member #19043
            July 24, 2005
            7378 Posts
            Posted: March 23, 2007, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

I have read several things from Delores, must have missed the vison problem.  So that would fall under the "other" category.    I too have vison problems and can't recognize a friend 40 feet away without my glasses.

I am responding to what Delores wrote, her statement about character by reading what a poster writes.   The crux of my question is what does Delores see as to character of a poster that uses large fonts.    Not attacking anyone.

Truecritic i have made it no secret about my medical crisis which includes an incurable eye disease,i only write large because i am able see it better not to get Attention,I can get attention easily ,i can just go outside right now,i live in a miltary Town full of guys,i mean overcrowded,so i don't need to do that,I am sorry it is a problem for you; i just want to give my opinion,In short i was trying to say that you really don't have to see a name or actually see that person to know what they are like,Eventhough some may try to hide behind his or her identity in my lifetime i have been a good Judge of Character just by how a person writes,it always amazes me because i feel like i actually met lots of you here at LP  when we actually just communicate with the computer,Don't tell me it could be the love of the Mouse?I don't think so but in any case i didnot want any attention from anyone,Finally The user of Large Fonts to me is like the person that loves vanilla ice cream and the other person loves the cookies so i am not quite understanding where you are coming from,Thanks for your opinion,,,,DeloresLovies

United States
              Member #19043
              July 24, 2005
              7378 Posts
              Posted: March 23, 2007, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

truecritic,

There is a reason for delores posting in large fonts. If you would take the time  to read some of their post, you would understand why. Delores has a problem with her eye's, where as you have no trouble seeing what you post in normal fonts, she can read it when its done in large fonts.. 

Maddog.

Thank you MD,you are a SweetheartLovies

Michigan
                United States
                Member #22395
                September 24, 2005
                1583 Posts
                Posted: March 23, 2007, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Delores

I know you have multiple medical problems because I have read some of your posts.   Sorry I missed the vision problem.

My post is simple.  You made a statement:

"i usually get the image of a person from what they write and how they word it,i think it is very important because this tells alot about personality and character and that is what completes a whole person ,a name or picture can never give the whole sprit of a person"

All I did was ask you to explain what opinion you got relating to personality or character when someone posts using a large font.  Doesn't matter what size you use to post - it was what you posted that caused me to inquire.  IF you had used a tiny font, I would have still have asked the same question.  You brought up being able to see personality and character.   I asked you to expand on that - provide more details. 

"so i am not quite understanding where you are coming from"

I was curious, that's all.  Now I know that it is a vanilla ice cream person.  Thank you.

Smile  Wink  Smile  Wink

United States
                  Member #19043
                  July 24, 2005
                  7378 Posts
                  Posted: March 23, 2007, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Delores

I know you have multiple medical problems because I have read some of your posts.   Sorry I missed the vision problem.

My post is simple.  You made a statement:

"i usually get the image of a person from what they write and how they word it,i think it is very important because this tells alot about personality and character and that is what completes a whole person ,a name or picture can never give the whole sprit of a person"

All I did was ask you to explain what opinion you got relating to personality or character when someone posts using a large font.  Doesn't matter what size you use to post - it was what you posted that caused me to inquire.  IF you had used a tiny font, I would have still have asked the same question.  You brought up being able to see personality and character.   I asked you to expand on that - provide more details. 

"so i am not quite understanding where you are coming from"

I was curious, that's all.  Now I know that it is a vanilla ice cream person.  Thank you.

Smile  Wink  Smile  Wink

Truecritic you are real funny,Now let me explain,it does not matter to me what size of a font they use as long as i can read it for an understanding if i can't then i don't complain; matters like this is unimportant to me,i find we take so many things for granted,i don't worry about little things such as this,You know i actually now wish this was my only worry,someones font size; but welcome to the real world truecritic at end of day i am still sick and i can't change that in any way but i must say i have learned something about you, you are your avatar,Definately a Critic,i am not mad at you for speaking your mind,it's okayLovies

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5120 Posts
                    Posted: March 23, 2007, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Thank you MD,you are a SweetheartLovies

WHY???????PLEASE TELL

doesen ..................MADDOG

always......get "RESPECT"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPSYKOMOXXXXXX

CAN'ttttttttttttttttEVEN?????????????HITaahhhJACKPOT$$$$$$$$

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQUICKPICK??ChairPoke Thinking of...ThudPukeThinking of...                                     Thinking of...

Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #22395
                      September 24, 2005
                      1583 Posts
                      Posted: March 23, 2007, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

I understand Delores, it is not the size of their font that matters - it is the quality!

Wink

pigsNtrees's avatar - pigsNtrees
                        Mallorn trees of Lothlorien
                        United States
                        Member #26084
                        November 14, 2005
                        199 Posts
                        Posted: March 23, 2007, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Mostly I try to get if a person is male or female from their avatar, at first glance.

As far as fount size, I have trifocals and need the bold larger fount to read what I have written. I also have to c/p onto MS Works to read other members posts.

Quando Porca Volare!

drunk hobbit

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                          Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: March 23, 2007, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

i miss 'ol rip snorter.learned a lot from that man.had quite a few laughs as well.hey jack if your reading this get your tail on back here.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                            FEMA Region V Camp #21
                            United States
                            Member #520
                            July 27, 2002
                            5699 Posts
                            Posted: March 23, 2007, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

I like Justx's avatar.  She's blonde and looks hot.  Wink

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Litebets27's avatar - power
                              Maryland
                              United States
                              Member #10465
                              January 14, 2005
                              6065 Posts
                              Posted: March 23, 2007, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

I always thought it just meant you didn't want to spend a lot of money. LOL! was I way off or what?

Oh No!!

I know that I spend too much on the lottery. I don't think that I'm hooked, Skeptical , but many times I will play the majority of the numbers .50 box.

My husband thinks I'm crazy if I play numbers that way.

litebets

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!