Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

10x powerplay is back!

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Editgap.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
North Dakota
United States
Member #13397
April 5, 2005
1623 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2007, 12:52 am - IP Logged

I saw it on the North Dakota and Montana websites.  I think it starts April 4.  I'm sure we'll be hearing more about it soon.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

grengrad's avatar - nw rogue.jpg
    Raleigh
    United States
    Member #49057
    January 17, 2007
    172 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2007, 10:56 am - IP Logged

April 4 – 28, 2007

WIN UP TO 10 TIMES MORE  - It’s Ten Times the Fun!

Beginning with the April 4th draw and continuing through April 28th the number “10” will replace one of the “5”s on the Power Play wheel. This allows players the chance to multiply non-jackpot prizes 10 times their normal value if the wheel lands on the number “10.” For example, “match 5” winners, who would normally win $200,000 playing Powerball with a Power Play purchase, would win $2 million if the Power Play number is “10.”

The 10X promotion applies to Powerball tickets purchased with the Power Play option for all draws from April 4th through April 28th, no matter how many times the “10” is hit on the Power Play wheel. If “10” is not hit by April 28th, the promotion will continue until the “10” is hit.

Power Up Your Prize by Adding Power Play!
    For just $1, you can have a chance to win up to $2 million!

WHAT IS POWER PLAY?
    For just $1 more, players have a chance to multiply all prizes, except the jackpot, by 2 to 5 times. Even the $200,000 prize will multiply. On draw nights, a Power Play multiplier (2, 3, 4 or 5) is drawn. The probability for the multiplier is 25% for each number: 2, 3, 4 and 5. If the Powerball ticket includes Power Play, the prize is multiplied by the Power Play number and players win even more! Example: If a player wins $100 on Powerball with the Power Play option and the multiplier is 5, the prize is $500 ($100 x 5 = $500).

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
      Member #32537
      February 12, 2006
      698 Posts
      Posted: March 25, 2007, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

and who covers the bill if there 10x and a ton of 5 out of 6 winners

the JACKPOT share's thats who covering it.

however 10x on just matching the powerball =30 bucks NICE!

that be nice for the omfg i matched  won 1 number and got 30 bucks!

also does the added dollar in price"2bucks go to,

share to jackpot  get its like 30% of the added dollar in cost

in short, does buying 2 tickets for 2 bucks give the jackpot 60 or so cents

or doing paying 2 bucks for jsut 1 with powerplay giv e the jackpot 30% also, as in 60 cents or jsut the 30 cents? 

Morrison, IL
        United States
        Member #4657
        May 13, 2004
        1884 Posts
        Posted: March 25, 2007, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

As far as I know, none of the extra $1 goes toward the jackpot.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          PA
          United States
          Member #22983
          October 6, 2005
          2226 Posts
          Posted: March 26, 2007, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Yeah probably a rigged wheel again too. How many times did 10x come up last time? I think like once or twice.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
            A long and winding road
            United States
            Member #17084
            June 10, 2005
            4574 Posts
            Posted: March 26, 2007, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

Given that this past time ONLY one state had a second tier winner I'd say that PB can make out well with the 10x play.

I do like the 10x play but even on a good day I havent been able to get two numbers on the same line...

Thanks for the anouncement though, Its good to see them promoting this again! I did enjoy some of the winners stories from last time.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

United States
              Member #50053
              February 24, 2007
              11 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2007, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

Given that this past time ONLY one state had a second tier winner I'd say that PB can make out well with the 10x play.

I do like the 10x play but even on a good day I havent been able to get two numbers on the same line...

Thanks for the anouncement though, Its good to see them promoting this again! I did enjoy some of the winners stories from last time.

..... Hey, does anyone have some "hot" Chinese fortune cookie numbers ???  .... if they had all those hits with the 10X ball ... like before when the fortune cookie numbers hit for everyone that played them ... that might make somebody's hair fall out at Powerball headquarters. ....  do you have any fortune cookies in your kitchen GameGirl ? ... serious though, if someone has a set of hot fortune cookie numbers .... please post.  .... maybe we should play that set that hit before for everyone ... or is the "magic" gone for them !!!

Coastal Georgia
                United States
                Member #2653
                October 30, 2003
                1866 Posts
                Posted: March 27, 2007, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

April 4 – 28, 2007

WIN UP TO 10 TIMES MORE  - It’s Ten Times the Fun!

Beginning with the April 4th draw and continuing through April 28th the number “10” will replace one of the “5”s on the Power Play wheel. This allows players the chance to multiply non-jackpot prizes 10 times their normal value if the wheel lands on the number “10.” For example, “match 5” winners, who would normally win $200,000 playing Powerball with a Power Play purchase, would win $2 million if the Power Play number is “10.”

The 10X promotion applies to Powerball tickets purchased with the Power Play option for all draws from April 4th through April 28th, no matter how many times the “10” is hit on the Power Play wheel. If “10” is not hit by April 28th, the promotion will continue until the “10” is hit.

Power Up Your Prize by Adding Power Play!
                For just $1, you can have a chance to win up to $2 million!

WHAT IS POWER PLAY?
                For just $1 more, players have a chance to multiply all prizes, except the jackpot, by 2 to 5 times. Even the $200,000 prize will multiply. On draw nights, a Power Play multiplier (2, 3, 4 or 5) is drawn. The probability for the multiplier is 25% for each number: 2, 3, 4 and 5. If the Powerball ticket includes Power Play, the prize is multiplied by the Power Play number and players win even more! Example: If a player wins $100 on Powerball with the Power Play option and the multiplier is 5, the prize is $500 ($100 x 5 = $500).

Thanks for the info...

I intend to play every draw during the promotional period.

I know the Jackpot is realistically too hard to hit, but I like going for the lower tier prizes .

With the multiplier feature, and when the 10x is in play....so much the better !

Can you just imagine hitting 5 white balls with the 10x and pocketing a cool  $ 2 million ( no annuity ) ???

Good luck to all...

DD

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                  PA
                  United States
                  Member #22983
                  October 6, 2005
                  2226 Posts
                  Posted: March 27, 2007, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

10X sure does make that $2 million tempting. But I get tired of throwing away $1 tickets, let alone doubling that amount.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                    A long and winding road
                    United States
                    Member #17084
                    June 10, 2005
                    4574 Posts
                    Posted: March 27, 2007, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

..... Hey, does anyone have some "hot" Chinese fortune cookie numbers ???  .... if they had all those hits with the 10X ball ... like before when the fortune cookie numbers hit for everyone that played them ... that might make somebody's hair fall out at Powerball headquarters. ....  do you have any fortune cookies in your kitchen GameGirl ? ... serious though, if someone has a set of hot fortune cookie numbers .... please post.  .... maybe we should play that set that hit before for everyone ... or is the "magic" gone for them !!!

fortune cookie numbers: 5 18 23 36 42 11  (use the 11 as the PB number) Lets see how that plays out for April! Cant hurt to try it!

Sometimes I play the numbers in reverse though just to be different: example: 1 , 12,46,33,28, PB 15

Our group rarely does powerup but I think we can handle the promo for one month. Will help when its split four ways with a 10x play! 

Good luck to the power players!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

United States
                      Member #50053
                      February 24, 2007
                      11 Posts
                      Posted: March 28, 2007, 5:04 am - IP Logged

fortune cookie numbers: 5 18 23 36 42 11  (use the 11 as the PB number) Lets see how that plays out for April! Cant hurt to try it!

Sometimes I play the numbers in reverse though just to be different: example: 1 , 12,46,33,28, PB 15

Our group rarely does powerup but I think we can handle the promo for one month. Will help when its split four ways with a 10x play! 

Good luck to the power players!

... hey, thanks GameGirl  ... will play those numbers, can't be any worse than what I've been playing. I've only just recently (March) started putting the extra dollar on Powerball ... I never really hit much on the game and I figured I saved some money  ....  I always figured if I were going to go $2.00, I'd rather have two $1.00 tickets or another set of numbers.  ... however, I decided to try the powerplay for a few months .... I am planning on getting 2 powerplay tickets for each drawing in April, so I will use the fortune cookie numbers you supplied.  ... I guess if those numbers come out with the 10X ball we have to hope that the powerball number doesn't come out .... since the jackpot is so low and if there are a lot of winners, we are probably better off just getting the 5 numbers with the 10X.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                        North Dakota
                        United States
                        Member #13397
                        April 5, 2005
                        1623 Posts
                        Posted: March 28, 2007, 7:32 am - IP Logged

I don't usually play Powerplay because I would rather spend the extra $1 on another line of numbers.  However, it is really hard to pass up a 10x powerplay.  Well anywho, I'm in Mobile, AL (far from any powerball state) so I'm not going to play this time.  Good luck to you guys who do play.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

United States
                          Member #24439
                          October 22, 2005
                          638 Posts
                          Posted: March 28, 2007, 9:56 am - IP Logged

and who covers the bill if there 10x and a ton of 5 out of 6 winners

the JACKPOT share's thats who covering it.

however 10x on just matching the powerball =30 bucks NICE!

that be nice for the omfg i matched  won 1 number and got 30 bucks!

also does the added dollar in price"2bucks go to,

share to jackpot  get its like 30% of the added dollar in cost

in short, does buying 2 tickets for 2 bucks give the jackpot 60 or so cents

or doing paying 2 bucks for jsut 1 with powerplay giv e the jackpot 30% also, as in 60 cents or jsut the 30 cents? 

As you can see from the people here that 10x powerplay pays for itself.

I thought when the 10x powerplay hits within that month, it stops.

I am working on a system to powerplay all my lines. I guess I will start on April 4th.