Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

staying with or changing your numbers

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 10 years ago by guesser.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

do you tend to stick with the same numbers or change them often?

i stick with the same numbers for months [ 16 ]  [19.51%]
i stick with the same numbers for a few days [ 10 ]  [12.20%]
i change them after a few days [ 15 ]  [18.29%]
some i change and some i stick with [ 35 ]  [42.68%]
i simply quick pick [ 6 ]  [7.32%]
Total Valid Votes [ 82 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2007, 7:50 am - IP Logged

do you tend to stick with the same numbers or change them often?

Litebets27's avatar - power
    Maryland
    United States
    Member #10465
    January 14, 2005
    6065 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2007, 8:59 am - IP Logged

I like this Poll LottoMike.

I've often changed a number and, darn if it doesn't come out right after I've dropped it. I know that this happens to many people because, every time that I mention it to my friends and co-workers, they reciprocate the same sentaments.

I could stick with a set of numbers for weeks, but as soon as I drop one..........BINGO

litebets

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

Pick3forSC's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
      North Carolina (West of Charlotte)
      United States
      Member #1436
      April 28, 2003
      628 Posts
      Posted: March 25, 2007, 9:16 am - IP Logged

I just got stuck for not sticking with them the other nite......& what happened in NC on 3-23-07?  BAM!!!! My 111 comes in!!!  I guess sometimes it pays to stick with them a little longer.Smash  Oh well, i hope some others here cashed in on it!

Standard Member
      Experienced
      North Carolina (West of Charlotte)
      United States
      Member #1462
      April 28, 2003
      346 Posts

I'm probably way off the mark here, but i'm thinking NC may see trips tonite.... such as 111, 999, 000. Can only wait & see!!!

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1953 Posts
        Posted: March 25, 2007, 9:23 am - IP Logged

I change my numbers every draw.

Gonna win.Big Smile

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
          Member #9517
          December 10, 2004
          1272 Posts
          Posted: March 25, 2007, 9:39 am - IP Logged

Usually I play some small systems (totally 48 lines) with the same numbers all the time on the Pick-6 lottery while I play 20 lines of quick picks on the Pick-7 lottery each week. Don't use any lottery prediction software at the moment.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #1303
            March 27, 2003
            1508 Posts
            Posted: March 25, 2007, 10:58 am - IP Logged

I like this Poll LottoMike.

I've often changed a number and, darn if it doesn't come out right after I've dropped it. I know that this happens to many people because, every time that I mention it to my friends and co-workers, they reciprocate the same sentaments.

I could stick with a set of numbers for weeks, but as soon as I drop one..........BINGO

litebets

I Agree!  One of the toughest things is trying to figure out when a combo is not going to come in and you're wasting your time. When backtesting a system that's what skews you, because you have all the drawings and you know if it came in or not. It's a real conundrum.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10351 Posts
              Posted: March 25, 2007, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

I assume we're talking jackpot games.

I've had several people tell me they have ben playing 'their numbers' for years.

What?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                Member #50124
                February 26, 2007
                601 Posts
                Posted: March 25, 2007, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing "my numbers" for 14 years now.  When the PowerBall goes over 100 million I usually get a quick pick or two also, which I never replay.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: March 25, 2007, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

What game are you talking about, Mike?  I use Quick Picks if I play anything but Lotto so I don't cry "I played that just a few days ago!!"  As I've written (too many times) before, I've been playing the same numbers for years, so I'm nervous about switching because of the horror stories I've read.  Even 5/6 (about $5K average) would be a treat to win, although the $10M jackpot would be even nicer.

No lectures from the peanut gallery, please.  I realize what I'm doing sounds silly, but so is using a license plate from a passing car, a register receipt or numbers from a dream.

SirMetro's avatar - center
                    East of Atlanta
                    United States
                    Member #6191
                    August 11, 2004
                    1389 Posts
                    Posted: March 25, 2007, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

What game are you talking about, Mike?  I use Quick Picks if I play anything but Lotto so I don't cry "I played that just a few days ago!!"  As I've written (too many times) before, I've been playing the same numbers for years, so I'm nervous about switching because of the horror stories I've read.  Even 5/6 (about $5K average) would be a treat to win, although the $10M jackpot would be even nicer.

No lectures from the peanut gallery, please.  I realize what I'm doing sounds silly, but so is using a license plate from a passing car, a register receipt or numbers from a dream.

Justxploring...my wife plays the same 10 sets of numbers every game (Win4Life) and wins enough to pay for the next set she is planning on playing. Me, I change and change and win nothing. Perhaps there is something to staying with the same set. That group in Calif. sure did do well after playing the same set of numbers for 10 years.

As for Pick3/4, I have pretty much given up on those games.

Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: March 25, 2007, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

Justxploring...my wife plays the same 10 sets of numbers every game (Win4Life) and wins enough to pay for the next set she is planning on playing. Me, I change and change and win nothing. Perhaps there is something to staying with the same set. That group in Calif. sure did do well after playing the same set of numbers for 10 years.

As for Pick3/4, I have pretty much given up on those games.

I wish I could say that I've won enough to pay for my tickets.  The game I am referring to has 1:23M odds (6/53 Lotto) so the most I've won is $75 getting 4/6.  I think I've won about $300 in over a decade, although I've played other games. Who knows?  Maybe I've won millions but remain clueless because my numbers were drawn during one of those pre-tests! 

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                        Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: March 25, 2007, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

i dropped mine for a while because i got tired of them never hitting and then one day i had the strangest feeling i better play and i won 2,500 dollars and this was back in late february of this year.i hit the tennessee cash 4.

Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: March 25, 2007, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

Wow, Mike!  You seem to win a lot.  Do you play several different games and buy lots of tickets or are you just lucky?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10351 Posts
                            Posted: March 25, 2007, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Well, perhaps sometimes we are meant to see a license plate number, or when you get a palindromic total at the check out it's a signal to play it!

Numbers you dream of have to be played - no such thing as coincidence. Of course, maybe you dream of lets say 624, and you play it for the Pick 3, but the trifeacta at the race track that day was 624, but it's still a message delivered via a dream. Unless you're an accountant or something similar and number dreams are work related, or nightmares!

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Wandering Aimlessly
                              United States
                              Member #25360
                              November 5, 2005
                              4461 Posts
                              Posted: March 25, 2007, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Or it means something will happen to you at exactly 6:24