Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

fortune cookie numbers

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

do you ever play fortune cookie numbers?

yes [ 35 ]  [61.40%]
no [ 22 ]  [38.60%]
Total Valid Votes [ 57 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
amsoly41's avatar - ron paul_gold_standard.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #24912
October 29, 2005
94 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2007, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

im in tennessee and i remember this story and i have tried to play fortune cookie number when i get them along with QP and my own

I am also in Tennessee and I found this story also.

http://www.tnlottery.com/newsroom/newsitem.aspx?nid=252 

Link

I play Fortune cookie numbers every now and then.

I rember a news article I think on Lottery post about a person who played the same

Forturne cookie numbers for a year and hit a Jackpot.

See Ya!

Money can't buy you happiness... but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery Wink

Surge's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
    Ohio
    United States
    Member #46493
    September 11, 2006
    4177 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2007, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

I always keep them with the intention of playing them, but never do.

Keep it simple 

pigsNtrees's avatar - pigsNtrees
      Mallorn trees of Lothlorien
      United States
      Member #26084
      November 14, 2005
      199 Posts
      Posted: March 28, 2007, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Well I still haven't won anything. There is always next time.

Quando Porca Volare!

drunk hobbit

pigsNtrees's avatar - pigsNtrees
        Mallorn trees of Lothlorien
        United States
        Member #26084
        November 14, 2005
        199 Posts
        Posted: March 31, 2007, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

Well it's next time and, I'm also using a different cookie number for tonight's Texas draw. The pot's $69 Million Est. Cash Value, $41.1 Million that's $30, 825,00 to a single winner after taxes.

Good luck to me.

Quando Porca Volare!

drunk hobbit

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2007, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

One time i received the fortune cookie number and i went to see if it would play, an it had played the previous day....Basically i was one day late....

It was a pick5, in Ga....I would say Like 11 months ago, for i don't remember quite well when...I don't know why i din't save the piece of paper...

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #46570
            September 14, 2006
            558 Posts
            Posted: April 2, 2007, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

An exerpt from this link...

Depending on the bet, each winner raked in between $100,000 and $500,000 -- costing the lottery association nearly $19 million it had not counted on paying out. It made for an expensive night for Powerball, with winners beating the odds in a game with a 1 in 3 million winning combination.    ... 

...Heaven help us should the lottery lose any money ! ...

Lottery officials followed the fortune cookie trail, locating the distributor and then narrowing down the cookie makers to three possibilities. The New York Times on Wednesday identified the fortune cookie factory as Wonton Food, a Queens-based company that cranks out 4 million cookies a day.

I guess you could say the Lottery got a little nervous thinking someone was onto something and figured out how to crack the lotto! LOLWink

Makes you wonder... hmmm .... And I bet they monitor this site too with prying eyes.

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: April 3, 2007, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

EXACTLY!!!......

good pointing omnicient...

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3502 Posts
                Posted: April 3, 2007, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

"  I guess you could say the Lottery got a little nervous thinking someone was onto something and figured out how to crack the lotto!"

I've always been a bit puzzled by their response to the fortune cookie incident.  Several of the news stories said that MUSL officials initially thought it might be a case of fraud or a computer glitch. That  suggests that the mere idea that 110 people would play the same 5 numbers was a new concept to them. That 110 people matched 5+0 and only 1 person matched 5+1 suggests that  most of the 110 people stuck with the incorect Power ball number from the fortune. I've always figured that plenty of people play certain combinations for one reason or another, and that if the lotteries look for them they'll find them all the time. Having some combinations that ar eplayed 50 or 100 times is probably soemthing that happens every drawing. It's only having the winning combination match one of the heavily played ones that's unusual.

"I bet they monitor this site too with prying eyes"

The head of MUSL has been an occasional poster, but I doubt they think it's worth their time to pay much attention to what goes on here.  There's a chance they might look at the forum index now and again, and read an occasional thread, but at least 99.9% of what's here is completely meaningless to them. Opinions on possible game changes are probably the only thing they'd be interested in, and if they want to know what potential customers think they'll do a real market study anyway.

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: April 3, 2007, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

If that´s true why  is it that the State Lotteries Know exactly what they are doing? Why they never have a flaw, why they seem to be perfect in what they do without one flaw? i would expect that if they didn´t pay attention to this site that they will have flaws, but they don´t they seem to know exactly where to set the odds (just one example)....

the lotteries could pay someone 500 dollars a month to monitor this site and report to them what they see...500 a month, 6,000 a year would merely be nothing to them...

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: April 4, 2007, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

One time i received the fortune cookie number and i went to see if it would play, an it had played the previous day....Basically i was one day late....

It was a pick5, in Ga....I would say Like 11 months ago, for i don't remember quite well when...I don't know why i din't save the piece of paper...

And i was the first one to look at wheather forecast channels and play those numbers, but i didn't win...But i heard a guy did...

"More important than winning all the states' lotteries is the movie "Red Planet.." ...."

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7344 Posts
                      Posted: April 5, 2007, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

If that´s true why  is it that the State Lotteries Know exactly what they are doing? Why they never have a flaw, why they seem to be perfect in what they do without one flaw? i would expect that if they didn´t pay attention to this site that they will have flaws, but they don´t they seem to know exactly where to set the odds (just one example)....

the lotteries could pay someone 500 dollars a month to monitor this site and report to them what they see...500 a month, 6,000 a year would merely be nothing to them...

Last night there was an imaginary $7063 wagered in Ohio with an imaginary winnings of $60,830 because 1111 was predicted 12 times. If the lottery commission read that, they would be rolling their eyes because 11 of the big "winners" don't live in Ohio and the other one doesn't list which state they live in.

In 2006 sales of instant scratch-off tickets in Ohio was $1.274 billion or 57% of all sales and I doubt you could find a system to break even on those games anywhere on the Internet. Anyone could look at an entire month of Ohio predictions on this site in less than an hour so where do I send my resume?

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: April 6, 2007, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

And who will be interested in LP or a system to crack Random number Generators are encryption companies...They will want to know if is possible to crack a Random NUmber Generator, commonly used in encryption to generate every minute passwords, and stuff of that nature....

"More important than winning the states' lotteries is the movie "Red Planet..."

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7344 Posts
                          Posted: April 8, 2007, 9:51 am - IP Logged

And who will be interested in LP or a system to crack Random number Generators are encryption companies...They will want to know if is possible to crack a Random NUmber Generator, commonly used in encryption to generate every minute passwords, and stuff of that nature....

Both Power Ball and Mega Millions use Keno/Bingo style machines so what affect would cracking a RNG have on them?

Honduras
                            Member #20982
                            August 29, 2005
                            4715 Posts
                            Posted: April 8, 2007, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

Both Power Ball and Mega Millions use Keno/Bingo style machines so what affect would cracking a RNG have on them?

None..

But i don't know how it goes, but i think some state have pick4 computerized draws...And that's all you need to crack the lottery (well some of you are more greedy than others)...If i was able to crack the RNG of the pick4, all i have to do is bet 1K box bet on the number i know is going to play once a week and in 6 months i'll have the same money Powerball starting jackpot pays after taxes are taken, and i wouldn't have to pay no taxes (but you will have to play in as many gas stations as possible or get yourself a team).....And the more interesting thing is that you only win Powerball, ONCE in your life...I just showed you a 6-month period...But i could continue to do it indefinately and make more money in my lifetime than what a 100 million dollar jackpot could give me, without having to pay any taxes....But if you are a genious you will know that there are investment & trading avenues where you can make more than that...Is all about the right connection...All without having to raise suspicion...YOu could even open up a bussiness...The problem is that they are going to ask you how did you get all that initial money...But like how i said before, there are people that are more greedy than others, and that ends up been their downfall...You may not see it that way because of the country that you live in, but in other countries where things are hard, what difference does it make if you have 20 million dollars than if you have 34 million dollars....

USA
                              United States
                              Member #15380
                              May 14, 2005
                              54 Posts
                              Posted: April 9, 2007, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

I used to play the numbers when I got fortune cookies, but here in Maryland you only get fortunes.  No numbers.  I'm looking for numbers for anyone who puts the messages in the cookies.  4 or 3 digits preferrably.

Have a good cool day all!