Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you like the option of having "Partial QP's"? (Hey Todd)

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 10 years ago by x1kosmic.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Would you like the option of having "Partial QP's"?

Excellent Idea! [ 11 ]  [68.75%]
Nah, bad idea. [ 5 ]  [31.25%]
Undecided, see my reply. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 16 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
New Jersey
United States
Member #50273
March 3, 2007
348 Posts
Posted: March 26, 2007, 9:37 am - IP Logged

Wintariofan just made a good point about partial quickpicks.  Would you guys like it if the big JP games like MM and PB had partial qp options on the betslip?  Lets say like you pick one or two numbers out of 5 and the bonus ball and the green machine picks the rest.  Or you pick 5 numbers and have the green machine pick the bonus ball.

Would you guys like that?  Any chance of this ever happening Todd? 

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:05 am - IP Logged

Can't say about other states, only FL.  So I didn't check one of the choices.  I always play my personal numbers, but occasionally get a QP by asking for a QP or using a card. If I use a card, sometimes I only check QP, but sometimes I choose a number or 2. If I only fill in 2 numbers, the terminal at the store will fill in the other 4. 

Of course, you also have to check the QP box for this to work. 

New Jersey
      United States
      Member #50273
      March 3, 2007
      348 Posts
      Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Can't say about other states, only FL.  So I didn't check one of the choices.  I always play my personal numbers, but occasionally get a QP by asking for a QP or using a card. If I use a card, sometimes I only check QP, but sometimes I choose a number or 2. If I only fill in 2 numbers, the terminal at the store will fill in the other 4. 

Of course, you also have to check the QP box for this to work. 

Maybe they already have this.  I'll have to try it out today.

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
        Stone Mountain, GA
        United States
        Member #3189
        January 1, 2004
        28228 Posts
        Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:18 am - IP Logged

It works in GA.  I've been doing that for a while where I'll pick 1 or 2 numbers and I check QP and the machine picks the rest.  Also works on Win for Life & Fantasy 5.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19814 Posts
          Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:26 am - IP Logged

In Ohio when playing MegaMillions, you had the choice of filling in the 5 regular numbers and/or the bonus number and let the terminal do both and/or one.

In Indiana when playing PowerBall, you had the choice of filling in all or part of either group and the terminal will fill in the rest.

I'm thinking that's true in other states where I've played PB too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
            Gurnee, Illinois
            United States
            Member #49731
            February 12, 2007
            917 Posts
            Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:28 am - IP Logged

Wintariofan just made a good point about partial quickpicks.  Would you guys like it if the big JP games like MM and PB had partial qp options on the betslip?  Lets say like you pick one or two numbers out of 5 and the bonus ball and the green machine picks the rest.  Or you pick 5 numbers and have the green machine pick the bonus ball.

Would you guys like that?  Any chance of this ever happening Todd? 

Well anyone living in or near Indiana can already do this...Indiana offers this feature of either full or partial QPs on Powerball as the one QP box covers the field of 5 and the Powerball.  This allows one to play their two or three "gotta play" numbers and let the computer pick the rest.  Maybe this explains why Indiana has had more Powerball winners than Wisconsin and (I believe) Iowa.  I don't know about the other states.  Heck, Indiana even had an occurence a few years ago where someone hit the big jackpot and then within the span of the next two weeks two other players won the jackpot as well.  That is why with Indiana's state lotto jackpot being high enough to justify an hour and a half drive I put in my Powerball picks their as well instead of Wisconsin which is only a 15 minute drive away for me.  Yep, yep I am a big jackpot chaser...the way I figure it is that when i eventually win, I want the cash value to be sufficient enough for me to not feel guilty "blowing" at least $1M on a few exotic luxury cars (no I am not talking about a BMW or even Mercedes...try Bentley, Maserati, Maybach for starters) and totally GQ my wardrobe as well as a few common things like completely renovating my home.  That is why I refuse to throw even a buck after pick 3, pick 4, or low state lotto jackpots.  Anyway, getting back to the topic...if you live in or near Indiana, this option is available there.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

stephi's avatar - winifrid
              rural lowcountry, south carolina
              United States
              Member #31677
              February 2, 2006
              196 Posts
              Posted: March 26, 2007, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

That's a good idea. Thanks y'all, I'll have to try that today. I will post tomorrow if it works or not in south carolina.

Greenwich, CT
                United States
                Member #4793
                May 24, 2004
                1822 Posts
                Posted: March 26, 2007, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

New York does the same with Mega Millions, pick as many or as few numbers as you'd like.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19814 Posts
                  Posted: March 26, 2007, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

That's a good idea. Thanks y'all, I'll have to try that today. I will post tomorrow if it works or not in south carolina.

It should be explained on the back of the bet slip, it is in Ohio and Indiana.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                    Member #48046
                    December 7, 2006
                    1699 Posts
                    Posted: March 26, 2007, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

Tn.'s betslips will do it......I've been doing it for mabey a year,  not every time though.    PB and State lotto 5

mrmelvin28's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg

United States
                      Member #4198
                      March 30, 2004
                      86 Posts
                      Posted: March 26, 2007, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

On PB you just pick the numbers that you want to play and select for the machine to pick the rest and there you have it. Works for me every time. Pick pb no. qp the rest or pick 2 wb and quick the rest or play your 5 wb qp pb no.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23259 Posts
                        Posted: March 26, 2007, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

All of Lottery Post's wheels will already let you do this.  I can't think of any other practical use for partial Quick Picks, so my answer is that it already exists.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

NY
                          United States
                          Member #23835
                          October 16, 2005
                          3471 Posts
                          Posted: March 26, 2007, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't necessarily say it's a bad idea, but there isn't a "what's the point?" option.

Seriously, why would somebody pick a few numbers on their own and then let the machine pick the rest? I can't imagine that anybody thinks that a partial QP will give them an edge, and whatever your criteria might be for picking some of the numbers, why is it a problem to pick the rest?

The only reasons I can really see for using QP is if you're buying so any tickets that  picking numbers and filling out the slips is too much work, or possibly if you only play now and then and don't want to risk having standard numbers that could win when you don't play them. 

New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #50273
                            March 3, 2007
                            348 Posts
                            Posted: March 26, 2007, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't necessarily say it's a bad idea, but there isn't a "what's the point?" option.

Seriously, why would somebody pick a few numbers on their own and then let the machine pick the rest? I can't imagine that anybody thinks that a partial QP will give them an edge, and whatever your criteria might be for picking some of the numbers, why is it a problem to pick the rest?

The only reasons I can really see for using QP is if you're buying so any tickets that  picking numbers and filling out the slips is too much work, or possibly if you only play now and then and don't want to risk having standard numbers that could win when you don't play them. 

I say it would be a good idea if your at the store and you think of 2 numbers you just have to play but disregard them beacause you can't think/feel ther 3+1.  With this, i'd just fill out the 2 and let the green machine pick the rest.  Thats the only practical use I could see for it.

New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #50273
                              March 3, 2007
                              348 Posts
                              Posted: March 27, 2007, 1:30 am - IP Logged

I tried it today in NJ and it didn't work for MM.