Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL: "Reverso"

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Would you play "Reverso Lotto"

I'll try anything [ 5 ]  [20.83%]
Same exact thing, but sounds like fun [ 4 ]  [16.67%]
Sure, my numbers are never drawn! [ 2 ]  [8.33%]
I've got to see the odds argument on this [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
The number caller is going to be busy! [ 1 ]  [4.17%]
Linda Kollmeyer [ 2 ]  [8.33%]
Does it have cash option? [ 1 ]  [4.17%]
Will the playslip look like a negative photo? [ 1 ]  [4.17%]
What? [ 8 ]  [33.33%]
Other - explain [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 24 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10392 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2007, 2:08 am - IP Logged

Here's the deal, state lottery game, same payout structure, 6 of 6 is a jackpot, payouts for 5, 4, and 3 out of 6.

Let's say it's a 6/49 game....live drawing, balls, but here's the difference.....43 balls are drawn, but the winning numbers are the six balls that are not drawn.

(Vegas actually did this with live Keno for a while).

So would you play? Kind of like lo ball poker, where the worst hand wins - people play because they never get good cards (and then go into a lo ball pot with a pair of Kings!)

PS

Re: 4, above, the odds argument- of course, they're the same, you're trying to get 6 out of 49.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3502 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2007, 2:23 am - IP Logged

Interesting idea. I can imagine that it would have some appeal to people who like to watch the drawing, because it would typically take longer to find out you didn't win the jackpot. Of course the added suspense might scare some people away or simply kill a few outright.

For people who watch the drawing and match the five regular balls it could be excruciating torture waiting to see if their extra ball stays put.

How about they just pick the regular balls, and then all of the  5+? winners are invited to a TV studio for a live drawing on Thursday evening.  The extra balls can go in briefcases and the winners can fight over which briefcase to open and discard. I envision enormous additional profits for the lotteries from selling the commercials.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #22395
      September 24, 2005
      1583 Posts
      Posted: March 28, 2007, 8:14 am - IP Logged

I know you said State Lottery - but haven't played that in years.  On MM, I have had several QP tickets with none of the balls though.  I would definitely go for MM reverso.

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
        Constitutional Money Is Real Money
        Brick City
        United States
        Member #1216
        March 3, 2003
        1782 Posts
        Posted: March 28, 2007, 8:25 am - IP Logged

Good idea! Most states will balk at playing this way, IMHO, since the setup and test draws for the last 6 balls in the drum will take some time. Wink

Whatever you fear most has no power - it is your fear that has the power.
        Oprah Winfrey

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
        (attributed to) Albert Einstein

I have failed many times, and that's why I am a success.
        Michael Jordan

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals
        himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Albert Einstein

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: March 28, 2007, 9:48 am - IP Logged

As long as I see my 6 numbers drawn, I don't care if they send a puppy to smell out the winning balls! 

I realize it's not the same, but your reverse lotto idea reminds me a little of the TV show Deal or No Deal.  The game itself is (at least to me) monotonous and boring. Yet it is very popular because of the host, Howie Mandel, and the emotional, often lively & animated, contestants. But someone picks one case and then they go onto eliminate the others, hoping they'll get down to just a few cases with the top amounts of money, which can take up the entire hour. 

I also like your idea, because it would take the state so long to run pre-tests using this method, that they probably would decide not to do them any more!  LOL 

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #50273
            March 3, 2007
            348 Posts
            Posted: March 28, 2007, 10:45 am - IP Logged

Or they can try this.  Charge $1 for the "Reverso" option.  At the end of every jackpot drawing, they would minus the JP winning 5 balls in the tray (which would make it a 5/51 game for MM).  Then they would empty all the remaining balls into another tray and the last 5 balls would be the "Reverso" winning numbers.  The JP prize for that can start at like $350,000 or something like that and keep rolling every drawing if nobody wins.  So you have the 5+1 and the 5 ball reverso JP within a JP every drawing (or they could have the "REVERSO" option on Friday-MM/Saturday-PB only). 

So it would read something like: "MM JP now at $38 Million Annuity, and the Reverso now at $748,759 Annuity!  And if you want to add on to that, draw one more bonus ball and if someone matches the "Bonus 2" ball, they double their "Reverso" payout.  If someone matches all 5 reverso and not the bonus, the reverso JP resets to the minimum of $350,000.  Any more than 3 reverso winners will be pari-mutual for all "main" jp's under $15 million, and "Bonus 2" payouts will be pari-mutual for all "main" jp's starting at $12 million.

What do you all think about that?

Also, I WANT MEGAPLIER IN NJ MM!! 

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10392 Posts
              Posted: March 28, 2007, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

OK- so do you want the playslip to look like a negative photo, you mark it with a white crayon- and do you want to have to mark the six numbers that are not drawn, or you have to mark the 43 that are drawn?

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                PA
                United States
                Member #22983
                October 6, 2005
                2226 Posts
                Posted: March 28, 2007, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Definitely, I am a master of picking balls that are not selected. I will be a millioniare the first week, and possibly many times over. Better yet I will just let QP do all the work.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - rsz 1franklinmillion-front.jpg
                  Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11339 Posts
                  Posted: March 28, 2007, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

two people picked linda kollmeyer!

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #50273
                    March 3, 2007
                    348 Posts
                    Posted: March 28, 2007, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

Or they can try this.  Charge $1 for the "Reverso" option.  At the end of every jackpot drawing, they would minus the JP winning 5 balls in the tray (which would make it a 5/51 game for MM).  Then they would empty all the remaining balls into another tray and the last 5 balls would be the "Reverso" winning numbers.  The JP prize for that can start at like $350,000 or something like that and keep rolling every drawing if nobody wins.  So you have the 5+1 and the 5 ball reverso JP within a JP every drawing (or they could have the "REVERSO" option on Friday-MM/Saturday-PB only). 

So it would read something like: "MM JP now at $38 Million Annuity, and the Reverso now at $748,759 Annuity!  And if you want to add on to that, draw one more bonus ball and if someone matches the "Bonus 2" ball, they double their "Reverso" payout.  If someone matches all 5 reverso and not the bonus, the reverso JP resets to the minimum of $350,000.  Any more than 3 reverso winners will be pari-mutual for all "main" jp's under $15 million, and "Bonus 2" payouts will be pari-mutual for all "main" jp's starting at $12 million.

What do you all think about that?

Also, I WANT MEGAPLIER IN NJ MM!! 

So what do you guys think?

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                      Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #48725
                      January 7, 2007
                      1958 Posts
                      Posted: March 28, 2007, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

Nah, there's no point.

Gonna win.Big Smile

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: March 28, 2007, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

Here's the deal, state lottery game, same payout structure, 6 of 6 is a jackpot, payouts for 5, 4, and 3 out of 6.

Let's say it's a 6/49 game....live drawing, balls, but here's the difference.....43 balls are drawn, but the winning numbers are the six balls that are not drawn.

(Vegas actually did this with live Keno for a while).

So would you play? Kind of like lo ball poker, where the worst hand wins - people play because they never get good cards (and then go into a lo ball pot with a pair of Kings!)

PS

Re: 4, above, the odds argument- of course, they're the same, you're trying to get 6 out of 49.  

That would be incredibly easy to win, I'd do it in a second - IF that long.

United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10392 Posts
                          Posted: March 29, 2007, 1:15 am - IP Logged

As long as I see my 6 numbers drawn, I don't care if they send a puppy to smell out the winning balls! 

I realize it's not the same, but your reverse lotto idea reminds me a little of the TV show Deal or No Deal.  The game itself is (at least to me) monotonous and boring. Yet it is very popular because of the host, Howie Mandel, and the emotional, often lively & animated, contestants. But someone picks one case and then they go onto eliminate the others, hoping they'll get down to just a few cases with the top amounts of money, which can take up the entire hour. 

I also like your idea, because it would take the state so long to run pre-tests using this method, that they probably would decide not to do them any more!  LOL 

I rememberd you mentioned Deal or No Deal, had to find the post.  

That show really has me wondering, where's the justice? Someone could go on Deal or No Deal, and win a million (or two!), on nothing but pure blind luck. someone else could go on Jeopardy opr Who Wants to Be A Millionaire and get eliminated because they didn't know something like the running mate of the presidiential candidate who lost the election in 1956, or something of that difficulty level or harder.

Lep

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                            Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: March 29, 2007, 4:04 am - IP Logged

That show really has me wondering, where's the justice?

Coin Toss, isn't that the same as the Lottery?  Nobody checks for IQ, class, business sense or even blood pressure before the drawing.  So many times someone wins who has only played a few times in his life or bought a quick pick on a whim. It's never about justice.

United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10392 Posts
                              Posted: March 29, 2007, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Yeah, but with the lottery everyone has the chance to just go buy a ticket - not like you have to go to the show, hope to get chosen out of the audience (or audtitio somewhere), etc...

Lep