Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL: "Reverso"

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Would you play "Reverso Lotto"

I'll try anything [ 5 ]  [20.83%]
Same exact thing, but sounds like fun [ 4 ]  [16.67%]
Sure, my numbers are never drawn! [ 2 ]  [8.33%]
I've got to see the odds argument on this [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
The number caller is going to be busy! [ 1 ]  [4.17%]
Linda Kollmeyer [ 2 ]  [8.33%]
Does it have cash option? [ 1 ]  [4.17%]
Will the playslip look like a negative photo? [ 1 ]  [4.17%]
What? [ 8 ]  [33.33%]
Other - explain [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 24 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10353 Posts
Posted: March 29, 2007, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

That would be incredibly easy to win, I'd do it in a second - IF that long.

guesser

Ah, it's still trying to pick 6 out of 49, wheter it's the six that are drawn, or the sox that are not drawn. It's the same thing as the present game, just a different method of drawing numbers.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: March 29, 2007, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

I'd just repeat the numbers from the previous drawing, the chances of ONE of them repeating is (right now) 1 in 4, the chances of two or more repeating is practically non-existant, so going just by that, I'm 'almost' guaranteed a win in the next four draws at the very worst.

Or am I missing something ? 

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3474 Posts
      Posted: March 30, 2007, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

"Or am I missing something ? "

Time and time again, and it's always the same thing. The only reason the same combination is unlikely to repeat  is because of how many other combinations there are.  Ignoring the possibility that individual numbers may be more or less likely to turn up, *every* combination has exactly the same chance of being drawn, whether it's the combination you pick by whatever method you choose, or th ecombinationthat won last time around.

There are numerous factors that affect whether a given ball is more or less likely to be drawn, but being drawn last week isn't one of them. If anything, being drawn last week might suggest that a ball is more likely to be drawn than some other balls. One thing that's positive is that being drawn last week definitely doesn't do anything to suggest that a ball is less likely to be drawn than some other balls.

As Coin Toss has said, "picking" 50 or 51 balls and leaving  5 behind offers exactly the same odds as "picking" 5 and leaving the rest behind.  Both are  ways to choose which 5 numbers matter.

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: March 30, 2007, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

JUsXPloring:

"As long as I see my 6 numbers drawn, I don't care if they send a puppy to smell out the winning balls!" 

That was funny!!..

I think i would rather play scratch-offs than play a game like that...

"Those eyes....."          "They just dissappeared...."                  from movie "Predator 1"