Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

tax strategy

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 10 years ago by taxguy.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
southlake, TX
United States
Member #51168
March 30, 2007
9 Posts
Posted: April 10, 2007, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

You could not have made my point any better...

You want this Forum to be only for people who think ONE WAY -YOUR WAY. If you don't agree with them, don't let them talk. And you certainly wouldn't want the folks to get exposed to any ideas you have not approved of.

LET'S NOT FORGET TO BAN THE BOOKS, THE GUNS, THE MUSIC AND PERHAPS ANYONE WHO LOOKS DIFFERENT TOO.

konane's avatar - wallace
    Atlanta, GA
    United States
    Member #1265
    March 13, 2003
    3333 Posts
    Posted: April 10, 2007, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Is there any way you can just ban people like this from Lottery Post?

And take away our entertainment??  Whyyyyyyyy???  Green laugh 

I've seen the astute minds of LP members systematically dissect schemes like this before, exposing them for what they really are ...... just like they're doing right now.  Keep up the excellent work folks!!!!  Big Grin Angel 

Good luck to everyone!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19821 Posts
      Posted: April 10, 2007, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

You could not have made my point any better...

You want this Forum to be only for people who think ONE WAY -YOUR WAY. If you don't agree with them, don't let them talk. And you certainly wouldn't want the folks to get exposed to any ideas you have not approved of.

LET'S NOT FORGET TO BAN THE BOOKS, THE GUNS, THE MUSIC AND PERHAPS ANYONE WHO LOOKS DIFFERENT TOO.

Why would anyone want to know a stranger who's offering to help them by dumping $4.8M worth of his debt on them regardless of what he looks like?  Nobody looks that good. 

Now you really sound like a scam artist when you compare that with the banning of books, music and people that look different.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
        Gurnee, Illinois
        United States
        Member #49731
        February 12, 2007
        917 Posts
        Posted: April 10, 2007, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Well, it looks like someone way south of you just came into $44.5M so you might be in luck.  Of course, the winner could be a trucker who was passing through the area and just decided to buy a QP on a whim just because the Texas Lotto was nearly as large as the Mega game...happy searching for someone with huge lottery loot to go along with your proposal.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
          Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5583 Posts
          Posted: April 10, 2007, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Why would anyone want to know a stranger who's offering to help them by dumping $4.8M worth of his debt on them regardless of what he looks like?  Nobody looks that good. 

Now you really sound like a scam artist when you compare that with the banning of books, music and people that look different.

I Agree! 

Does this person know that BS. causes global warming, this person does not represent the people of Madison County very well or is it Texas?  Go to a lawyer forum or something.  Troll away elsewhere. 

SirMetro's avatar - center
            East of Atlanta
            United States
            Member #6191
            August 11, 2004
            1389 Posts
            Posted: April 10, 2007, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

You are correct in that I did misread your post (portion referenced reposted below for clarity). For that I do apologize. However, I do ask this, how does gift/estate tax factor into what would basically be "purchasing and/or exchanging" of your "Operating Loss"?

"Because the law has changed on gift tax, in 2007, my wife and I can each gift an individual up to $2.0M without triggering the gift tax. This impacts your otherwise good calculations and increases the savings substantially."

All said and done, people will make up their own mind. People will decide how they chose to read the content that someone took the time and effort to post. Some will respond, others will merely ignore, and a few (such as me) will take the time to poke, prod and even make fun of the content posted by others. As for personal, nah, I don't know who you are nor do I care. As for "run off the very people who make forums interesting , informative and yes, even fun", I welcome you to stay. Better yet, I challenge you to "thicken up your virtual skin" and dare you to hang around. Heck, feel free to even find an occasion where I was actually successful in running someone off. Sheesh, I am not even a paid member or a moderator. The only one around here I can run off is myself. Who knows, you could be the next best thing to sliced bread around here. Or you just might be someone fun to heckle.

I think you should just understand that you will be challenged if someone disagrees with you here. And your options will always be one of the following; Ignore, Defend or just show them the error of their ways.

Just remember this, you will always be "Damned if you do; damned if you don't"

Sir Metro

SirMetro's avatar - center
              East of Atlanta
              United States
              Member #6191
              August 11, 2004
              1389 Posts
              Posted: April 10, 2007, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

"You want this Forum to be only for people who think ONE WAY -YOUR WAY." <--You mean there's an alternative way of thinking?

"If you don't agree with them, don't let them talk." <--Ain't duct tape awesome?

"And you certainly wouldn't want the folks to get exposed to any ideas you have not approved of." <--Exposed...Cover your eyes Margaret (doing my best Ray Stevens impersonation)

"LET'S NOT FORGET TO BAN THE BOOKS" <-- Who needs books with the Internet now?

"THE GUNS" <--Sure, why not, no place left to hunt anyway

"THE MUSIC" <--Silence can be a beautiful thing

"ANYONE WHO LOOKS DIFFERENT TOO" <--Since this site doesn't come with WebCam ability, who cares how someone looks, this ain't no dating site.

southlake, TX
                United States
                Member #51168
                March 30, 2007
                9 Posts
                Posted: April 11, 2007, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

Sir Metro

At last... someone with a sense of humor!!!!   I will endeavor to more adequately explain the possible strategy, but I don't have time right now. A little later today perhaps.