Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you feel bad when you realize you didn't win?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LckyLary.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you feel bad when you realize you didn't win?

Yeah, its a bummer. Arrgh! When is it my turn!!!!! [ 26 ]  [52.00%]
Nope. The fun in dreaming outweighs losing. [ 12 ]  [24.00%]
It REALLY bothers me to lose so much. [ 3 ]  [6.00%]
None of the above, see my reply. [ 9 ]  [18.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 50 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
New Jersey
United States
Member #50273
March 3, 2007
348 Posts
Posted: April 3, 2007, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Do you guys feel bad when you realize your tickets aren't winners?  I have to say not me.  The fun in dreaming far outweighs the little bit of money I donated to a possible winning ticket.  I do know people that get depressed when they lose because they play ALL the games almost EVERYDAY.  I say when it starts making you feel down or depressed, its time to cut back on playing or give it a rest for a while.

What do you guys think?

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
    Lotto City, Michigan
    United States
    Member #36256
    March 30, 2006
    1472 Posts
    Posted: April 3, 2007, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

I voted "none of the above".

I don't rejoice when I win or get depressed when I lose.

I try to stay on an even keel. Smile

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1954 Posts
      Posted: April 3, 2007, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Do you guys feel bad when you realize your tickets aren't winners?  I have to say not me.  The fun in dreaming far outweighs the little bit of money I donated to a possible winning ticket.  I do know people that get depressed when they lose because they play ALL the games almost EVERYDAY.  I say when it starts making you feel down or depressed, its time to cut back on playing or give it a rest for a while.

What do you guys think?

No. I don't feel bad because I usually do win something. Ever since I've switched from PowerBall over to the much easier Pick 6 game, my system has pretty much went through the roof. For the last 2 months of playing Pick 6, after every drawing I have made an adjustment or added another algorithm and my system just keeps getting better and better. Now I've gotten it to the point where I can get AT LEAST 1 set with 3 of 6 every single draw. Now, 3 of 6 only wins $3 so I don't win back my money every single time, but I know a jackpot is on the way! You see, 4 of 6 wins $40, so when my system gets to the point where I can consistently hit 4 of 6, even multiple times on the same drawing, I can turn around and play even more on the next drawing, and I won't even have to use all of it! So my odds will start increasing not only because my system will keep getting better, but also because I can play a whole lot more combinations, thus 5 of 6 and 6 of 6 will be hit more often as well. What ends up happening is someone ends up with a "self powering" system that ends up winning a jackpot time and time again. Now, I personally don't care about whether or not anyone believes me. I believe God will help me follow through with the plans I have made for my life and thank him for helping me get this far.Wink

Gonna win.Big Smile

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
        nashville
        United States
        Member #49896
        February 18, 2007
        1181 Posts
        Posted: April 3, 2007, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

i always feel really bad when i lose and i have been playing for ten years but i have tried to keep playing every week even if i dont win any amount of money

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3104 Posts
          Posted: April 3, 2007, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

When I lose I have heap big buyer's remorse for about ten minutes then I start thinking about what I'll try for the next draw and I'm over it. 

BobP

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: April 3, 2007, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

Nope.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: April 4, 2007, 3:43 am - IP Logged

I don't expect to win, but I still feel a little disappointed if I don't get any numbers at all, even a free ticket.  The disappointment only lasts for a minute and then I just let it go.

Coastal Georgia
                United States
                Member #2653
                October 30, 2003
                1866 Posts
                Posted: April 4, 2007, 8:46 am - IP Logged

I feel bad for just a minute, then I get over it and think about the next draw.

I just get a bit tired of the same ol same ol ( only matching 1 of 6 or 2 of 6, and never enough to get my money back ).

Let's face it, we all need to be good losers if we play the lottery.

Sunny California
                  United States
                  Member #40295
                  May 31, 2006
                  7712 Posts
                  Posted: April 4, 2007, 9:28 am - IP Logged

There's always that "thud" that hits my stomach when I lose but it goes away after a hit of pepto. Then it's back to the drawing board!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10354 Posts
                    Posted: April 4, 2007, 9:46 am - IP Logged

I voted None of the above

I agree with the last part of the first option, When is it my turn?

But in lottery, we all hope to win, sure, but expecting to win is an entirely different thing.

If you study about endorphins and such, when peole are doing something they truly enjoy, there's an endorphin release in the body, like "good chemicals" are produced and kick in.

When they are aggravated, "bad chemicals" actually get released and over time can produce ulcers and much worse.

So can we say the more you expect to win the more aggravated you'll be when you don't? 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #50273
                      March 3, 2007
                      348 Posts
                      Posted: April 4, 2007, 11:03 am - IP Logged

I voted None of the above

I agree with the last part of the first option, When is it my turn?

But in lottery, we all hope to win, sure, but expecting to win is an entirely different thing.

If you study about endorphins and such, when peole are doing something they truly enjoy, there's an endorphin release in the body, like "good chemicals" are produced and kick in.

When they are aggravated, "bad chemicals" actually get released and over time can produce ulcers and much worse.

So can we say the more you expect to win the more aggravated you'll be when you don't? 

I definitely know and understand where your coming from but I honestly don't get mad or upset when I lose.  I always look on the bright side and justify my $5 bucks.  To me, it was a chance to make millions off of a small amount.  Maybe I don't get upset because I only spend a small amount.  While I know I have said in the past that I "expect" to win and that I feel "entitled" to one, I say that in good spirits and with good intentions.  I definitely know the odds are stacked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay against me.  But the way I see it is, as easy as it is to have a losing number printed out of that surreal green machine, its just as easy to have that long sought after winning number printed out that same machine. 

I can remember only one time I spent more than I cared to on MM, back in 1998 or 1999.  I spent $100 bucks and only won like $20 back (Some picks off the top of my head and some QP's).  I was pissed at myself for spending so much money on the lottery.  But I got over it in about 20 minutes and didn't play again for months.  So now I only play $5-10 bucks.  

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: April 4, 2007, 11:32 am - IP Logged

MW, you kinda have it right......

It's the SAME two questions I ask folks:

1) Do you expect to win the lottery ?

Are you crazy ?   No way - do you know the odds ?

2 ) Do you expect to win the lottery ?

Of course I do, why would I be playing it if I didn't expect to win it ?  

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
                          Florida
                          United States
                          Member #46570
                          September 14, 2006
                          558 Posts
                          Posted: April 4, 2007, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

No one wants to lose, but it's going to happen more often than not. When I lose, I think to myself 'damn... lost AGAIN ' ..and think that if I didn't play most everyday, I'd have a small jackpot at the end of the week. But...I push onward, and hope to win that elusive jackpot. You can't win if you don't play... or so I've heard. That phrase is beginning to lose it's luster lately.

To sum it up ... I guess like most posters here, we like the thrill of playing and seeing how close we can get using many of the said systems posted here or trying to test new ones we create. 

I have a bottle of champagne that I have saved for 6 years that I swore I would not open unless I won some kind of a large payout like $25,000 + ... I think that bottle will be vintage someday and worth plenty long after I'm gone. Cheers

Omniscient

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                            Florence, Alabama
                            United States
                            Member #8658
                            November 13, 2004
                            1993 Posts
                            Posted: April 4, 2007, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

I feel bad is when I have a number I want to play and really think it is coming but at the last minute decide not to play it and it comes out. Also, when I have a number that I want to play and get to the store and play other numbers and forget to play the number I went to the store to play in the 1st place.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

kandi44's avatar - masked
                              georgetown
                              United States
                              Member #46979
                              October 12, 2006
                              1129 Posts
                              Posted: April 4, 2007, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

nope i feel that it is not my day to win  and i just try the next day and i keep this in mind until i do