Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you feel bad when you realize you didn't win?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LckyLary.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you feel bad when you realize you didn't win?

Yeah, its a bummer. Arrgh! When is it my turn!!!!! [ 26 ]  [52.00%]
Nope. The fun in dreaming outweighs losing. [ 12 ]  [24.00%]
It REALLY bothers me to lose so much. [ 3 ]  [6.00%]
None of the above, see my reply. [ 9 ]  [18.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 50 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
numbergirly's avatar - 0002009C
Dover, Delaware
United States
Member #26979
November 25, 2005
178 Posts
Posted: April 4, 2007, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Hi Omniscient I have a bottle of champagne for the exact same reason. I get a little down at first then I start thinking about the next day and what I'm going to play. I get some what depressed but, never discouraged. I always say that if the winners can win so can I. It can happen to anyone at any time so, hang in there because, it can happen to you. Oh yeah my bottle is about 6 years old also. GOOD LUCK and let us know when you get rich.

numbergirly

numbergirly's avatar - 0002009C
    Dover, Delaware
    United States
    Member #26979
    November 25, 2005
    178 Posts
    Posted: April 4, 2007, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Hi BobP.... that's my feeling to. I get over it and quickly start thinking about the next day. I feel like as long as I'm alive I have a chance to win and so do you. Never give up and GOOD LUCK.

numbergirly

Racine,Wisconsin.
      United States
      Member #47605
      November 14, 2006
      17 Posts
      Posted: April 4, 2007, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

If I play $25 worth of tickets and get less than 3 right, and there's no win,

well sure, it feels like a waste of time and money. If I win anything at all

even if it's only $7 or even $3, it gives you a feeling of accomplishment

that the system I am using has some merits. Just so you win a few bucks

every once in a while, that keeps you going. 

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
        Gurnee, Illinois
        United States
        Member #49731
        February 12, 2007
        917 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2007, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

I only want to kick myself when I don't play a segment of numbers I wrestled over whether or not to play and they roll...like the recent MM drawing of 16-26-33-34-46 MB 38; changed 16 to 12 (I was intially feeling 16 because Tennessee is the 16th state and I was rooting for Candace Parker and the Lady Vols), 26 to 27 (26 just seems to keep rolling, but it happens to be my cousins birthdate, not mine), kept 33, thought about marking 34 but instead marked 44 because 34 had rolled recently, played 46 and changed 38 to 29 (Pablo Ozuna and the White Sox lost so that is why I changed) which resulted in no win at any level.  But I am glad that my ticket donations are supporting worthy governmental causes and I can look forward to putting my numbers as well as my QPs in for Friday's drawing...maybe my QPs will come through and the only power I can thank is my God...so as you can see, those who play based on whatever floats their boat and number ordering systems are in for much flustration...which is why I play either a greater than or equal number of quick picks in relation to my own picks...with the QPs, those that are losers...I just shrug and return to the store to buy more!  The lottery has got to love people like me!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3474 Posts
          Posted: April 5, 2007, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

I feel great when I don't win, because that's my plan. The only thing that screws it up is if somebody else wins. Then I have to start all over again, and wait for the jackpot to get big. At the moment I'm planning on collecting a record MM jackpot in early May, and right now the plan is working perfectly.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: April 5, 2007, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

I feel great when I don't win, because that's my plan. The only thing that screws it up is if somebody else wins. Then I have to start all over again, and wait for the jackpot to get big. At the moment I'm planning on collecting a record MM jackpot in early May, and right now the plan is working perfectly.

grengrad's avatar - nw rogue.jpg
              Raleigh
              United States
              Member #49057
              January 17, 2007
              172 Posts
              Posted: April 11, 2007, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

I only play Powerball.

If I lose, but no one wins the jackpot, I do not feel bad.

When I lose and someone wins the jackpot, I am usually disappointed for about 20 seconds, and then move on.

United States
                Member #10720
                January 23, 2005
                933 Posts
                Posted: April 11, 2007, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

It depends on how close I got. I'm less angry if I miss by one number than if it's way off. At least the program was trying. It's far worse if you were thinking of playing something and you didn't and then it comes out, or you did play it but it comes out a few drawings later.