Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

You've realized you won the JP, what happens in the next hour for you?

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 10 years ago by hypersoniq.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
New Jersey
United States
Member #50273
March 3, 2007
348 Posts
Posted: April 4, 2007, 2:26 am - IP Logged

Okay, you've checked your tickets and BAM!!!  You got a 5+1 match and you've realized you won $50 million bucks!  What would you do during the next hour?  Thats it, just the next hour?

Me personally, I would probably sit very still for about 5-10 minutes and then get up and start doing my "I won!!!" dance lmao!!!  Next i'd call my wife (I check my tickets during the daytime) and tell her to come home because I don't feel well (as to not freak her out for her drive home).  And for the last 30 minutes, i'd probably be on the computer looking for a good financial planner, lawyer, estate planner, and tax attorney.  I'd do my best to not be shocked. 

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10354 Posts
    Posted: April 4, 2007, 2:34 am - IP Logged

I'd probably verify the numbers who knows how many times and then

Scared    

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31363 Posts
      Posted: April 4, 2007, 3:11 am - IP Logged

Faint 
      faint or wet myself.  probably both.

love to nibble those micey feet.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2007, 3:39 am - IP Logged

I'm sure I would begin to tremble and feel faint for a few minutes.  I would try to calm down, realizing I was excited and might might do something absent-minded, since my mind would be absent. So I'd make a copy of my ticket and put the original away in a safe place until I figured out what to do.  I would then check the numbers again on both LP and the FL site and also call the recorded message so I could hear the numbers.  I would be very tempted to call someone, but the best thing would be to first write down on a piece of paper where I hid my ticket, so I don't forget! 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10354 Posts
          Posted: April 4, 2007, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Just don't lose the piece of paper! 

Green laugh

-When I hit 5 of 6 in the California lottery, at first I thought I had them all. This was way back when and I used to check the numbers in the Sunday paper (Saturday night drawing). 

I checked the numbers in the paper, thoght I had them all, and got down on the floor and just started poubnding the floor with both fists. Then I realized I had five, not six, and I really started pounding the floor! 

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: April 4, 2007, 10:05 am - IP Logged

I hope you lived in a basement apartment.

stephi's avatar - winifrid
              rural lowcountry, south carolina
              United States
              Member #31677
              February 2, 2006
              196 Posts
              Posted: April 4, 2007, 10:12 am - IP Logged

I  do hope you win the jackpot Mr. Megawinner because you sure seem to stay hung up on it.

Roxette's avatar - swordgirl
                Maryland
                United States
                Member #5982
                July 30, 2004
                8 Posts
                Posted: April 4, 2007, 10:34 am - IP Logged

signed the back of the ticket, make a copy and call my husband

Sunny California
                  United States
                  Member #40295
                  May 31, 2006
                  7712 Posts
                  Posted: April 4, 2007, 10:34 am - IP Logged

I'd probably verify the numbers who knows how many times and then

Scared    

I Agree!  Same here. I wouldn't believe it and have to make sure. But then again,I'm one of those people who checks to make sure I locked the door about 10 times before I leave the house!

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                    nashville
                    United States
                    Member #49896
                    February 18, 2007
                    1181 Posts
                    Posted: April 4, 2007, 10:37 am - IP Logged

im not someone who cries alot but im sure i would cry and thank God and then make copies of the ticket and keep checking it over and over until im sure and that would take up my entire hour. i think i would wait to announce it on LP when i have the actual money.

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
                      Lotto City, Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #36256
                      March 30, 2006
                      1472 Posts
                      Posted: April 4, 2007, 10:47 am - IP Logged

I'd be picking myself up off the floor after I fainted! Thud

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #50273
                        March 3, 2007
                        348 Posts
                        Posted: April 4, 2007, 10:54 am - IP Logged

I  do hope you win the jackpot Mr. Megawinner because you sure seem to stay hung up on it.

I wouldn't say hung up on it but I definitely want to win it lol!!!  I dunno.  Ever since I joined here I always wondered how people would react once they find out they won.  Its kinda inspirational lol!  BTW, I hope EVERYONE here wins a big JP (yup, even you too KY).

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!  

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

Delaware
                          United States
                          Member #30273
                          January 14, 2006
                          494 Posts
                          Posted: April 4, 2007, 11:03 am - IP Logged

I'd call my boss and tell him to stick it! Then I'd be off to somewhere with a nice beach (no, not Rehoboth, think way more south).

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
                            mississippi
                            United States
                            Member #34478
                            March 3, 2006
                            5903 Posts
                            Posted: April 4, 2007, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Just don't lose the piece of paper! 

Green laugh

-When I hit 5 of 6 in the California lottery, at first I thought I had them all. This was way back when and I used to check the numbers in the Sunday paper (Saturday night drawing). 

I checked the numbers in the paper, thoght I had them all, and got down on the floor and just started poubnding the floor with both fists. Then I realized I had five, not six, and I really started pounding the floor! 

Green laugh

Heh Coin Toss...I can relate to your story and do you just a little better..many moons ago when I first started playing the lottery there was a guy I knew through my job that went to florida every week to buy tickets for us Mississippi people..but..before Florida and the local gov..fbi..or whoever it was that made him stop..I hit 5 out of 6 on floridas lottery..now here is the kicker...I just had surgery on that friday..minor knee surgery ...well..next day..I am laying in my bed with my tickets so I call the place that went and got them and asked if anyone knew what the winning numbers were..the lady at my friends place of work told me and she could only remember 5 of them and the five she gave were the five I had on my ticket..then she preceeeded to tell me that someone won the lottery but she didnt have any idea who or how many..so I am sitting there with all 5 of the numbers she could remember and I am thinking I won the lottery..lol..took about 15 minutes or so before she could find someone in the office that had all 6 numbers..and here I am telling her I got all 5..I might have won..lol..she was as excited as I was..but it wasnt me..I missed 10 million bucks by one stinking number..did get 3300.00 that week for it..this was like 1990..maybe 1991..been hooked ever since..lol

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
                              mississippi
                              United States
                              Member #34478
                              March 3, 2006
                              5903 Posts
                              Posted: April 4, 2007, 11:08 am - IP Logged

but to answer the question..I would probably sh$t twice and die..lol

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"