Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Beating Gail Howard's Record Using Her Own System Challenge

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Luminus.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
Member #51269
April 3, 2007
529 Posts
Posted: April 4, 2007, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

Okay, for those who don't know, Gail Howard beat the odds by winning 72 lotto prizes in a year.  Let's see if you can do better.

I won 2 Free Plays in the Take-5 this week and 9 last week (I can't remember accuratley further back).  So my count is:

2 + 9 = 11

The universe does not bend to your ignorance.

Just because you believe it, doesn't make it true.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19823 Posts
    Posted: April 4, 2007, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

If you check the prediction board, you'll find several LP members have done that here but with fantasy money.  If you're can afford the tickets then winning 72 lotto prizes in a year is not that hard if you not talking about the jackpots or second prize.  Seems like you're on track to do better within a couple of months if you keep winning those free tickets.  Good luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #51269
      April 3, 2007
      529 Posts
      Posted: April 4, 2007, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

It only counts, if it's done in the real world with real money.  Let's see them do it with a game that has more than 3 numbers to combine.  For the record, I don't play higher than $30 and my usual is $20.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19823 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2007, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

I've done it on the prediction board with the West Virgina Cash 25 many times but last year when I was visiting relatives in West Virgina, I did play 25 lines for real and matched 3x3 and matched 4x1 for $13, I was hoping to match 5 but I couldn't do any better in the real world than I did in the fantasy world.

* The prediction board cover all the games not just the pick3 games.

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #51269
          April 3, 2007
          529 Posts
          Posted: April 4, 2007, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

The challenge stands for the real world.  I'll even go a step further and make a prediction.  I will win at least 1 prize every single time I play.  How's that?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19823 Posts
            Posted: April 4, 2007, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

The challenge stands for the real world.  I'll even go a step further and make a prediction.  I will win at least 1 prize every single time I play.  How's that?

That's reasonable and believable, as you stated you play 20-25 lines and you expect to win at least a free ticket. 

In the Ohio Rolling Cash5 the odds of winning a dollar back is 1:10 so I'm sure most players expect to win 2-3 dollars back if they spent 25, I do and I do when I play but Ohio has Classic Lotto and MegaMillions which have bigger jackpots so when I play I have to choose if I want to spend $20 and have a good shot at winning 2-10 dollars or a long shot at winning more.

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #51269
              April 3, 2007
              529 Posts
              Posted: April 4, 2007, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

I don't know anyone who wins anything in these big games (MM, Take-5, Etc.), so it's big for me.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: April 7, 2007, 8:00 am - IP Logged

Okay, for those who don't know, Gail Howard beat the odds by winning 72 lotto prizes in a year.  Let's see if you can do better.

I won 2 Free Plays in the Take-5 this week and 9 last week (I can't remember accuratley further back).  So my count is:

2 + 9 = 11

You need to go see when her 'record' was set, and what the matrix was 'back in the old days', you may be comparing apples to oranges.

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                  Clarksville
                  United States
                  Member #487
                  July 15, 2002
                  17638 Posts
                  Posted: April 7, 2007, 8:10 am - IP Logged

Check and see how many states had lotteries then..it makes a difference.  I bet she would be hard pressed to win 1 jackpot today and I am only talking about Cash 5.  In order to be effective on cash 5, you need a 100 dollar bill, cash 5 stats and you have to get lucky enough to play it on the "right" day.  I haven't played this year because I don't have enough time to do all of my stats so I'll just wait.  One thing I do love about the game is that a 1 is a 1 and not a 6.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

United States
                    Member #10720
                    January 23, 2005
                    933 Posts
                    Posted: April 7, 2007, 8:15 am - IP Logged

I keep hearing about this Gail Howard and her system, and I plan to do more research on it and heavy duty backtesting but w/o pitching out $ if possible. You DO know someone who won the 5 a while back, that's me. I played 2 tickets that drawing and used a primitive system. I have to find out what these "72 wins" were, like 2 of 5 or 3 of 5, or more? I match 2 of 5 on the PA Cash 5 nearly every time I play but I don't get there often, and in nj 2 of 5 pays nothing even though we have one more #.

United States
                      Member #51269
                      April 3, 2007
                      529 Posts
                      Posted: April 7, 2007, 8:37 am - IP Logged

Way to crush a challenge.Dead

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                        Harbinger
                        D.C./MD.
                        United States
                        Member #44103
                        July 30, 2006
                        5583 Posts
                        Posted: April 7, 2007, 8:45 am - IP Logged

Luminus,

In order to gain cred.  numbers need to be on the predictions boards.  LOL jarasan

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                          Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: April 7, 2007, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

I keep hearing about this Gail Howard and her system, and I plan to do more research on it and heavy duty backtesting but w/o pitching out $ if possible. You DO know someone who won the 5 a while back, that's me. I played 2 tickets that drawing and used a primitive system. I have to find out what these "72 wins" were, like 2 of 5 or 3 of 5, or more? I match 2 of 5 on the PA Cash 5 nearly every time I play but I don't get there often, and in nj 2 of 5 pays nothing even though we have one more #.

Here on San Antonio I met somebody who won the Texas Cash 5 (All 5 numbers), but he said that it was not by any system, just by luck.

Also he said that he has no computer and of course no internet either.

He won some time back, maybe 1 to 2 years ago or so, I can't remember when.

But he plays pick 3 and other lottery games maybe every day and has since the lottery came to Texas.

Lower prizes pay so little for pick 5 and 6 that I wonder why people bother with those games, it is not as if they are going to win first or second prize, a person can play from 1 to 30 lines on every draw for 100 years and never win neither a second nor a first prize. 

Of course, having a good system versus playing quick picks can make a big difference, a person is bound to win lower prizes more often and third and second prizes once in a long while, maybe even one or more first prizes in a life-time of playing.

I wish that Texas had a pick 4, Why not? Are they afraid of system players? If the pick 3 didn't break them, the pick 4 will not either.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                            San Angelo, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #1097
                            January 31, 2003
                            1394 Posts
                            Posted: April 7, 2007, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Here on San Antonio I met somebody who won the Texas Cash 5 (All 5 numbers), but he said that it was not by any system, just by luck.

Also he said that he has no computer and of course no internet either.

He won some time back, maybe 1 to 2 years ago or so, I can't remember when.

But he plays pick 3 and other lottery games maybe every day and has since the lottery came to Texas.

Lower prizes pay so little for pick 5 and 6 that I wonder why people bother with those games, it is not as if they are going to win first or second prize, a person can play from 1 to 30 lines on every draw for 100 years and never win neither a second nor a first prize. 

Of course, having a good system versus playing quick picks can make a big difference, a person is bound to win lower prizes more often and third and second prizes once in a long while, maybe even one or more first prizes in a life-time of playing.

I wish that Texas had a pick 4, Why not? Are they afraid of system players? If the pick 3 didn't break them, the pick 4 will not either.

Go to www.txlottery.org. Click on Site Map.  Then click on Commission meetings. There you will find information on a Pick 4 daily game coming to Texas soon.

The delay is because of a additional 'sum' game they want to add to Pick 3 and Pick 4. They chose Lucky Sum but legal folks and others suggested they find another name.

When adopted, Texans can make an extra bet on the winning game total.  If, for example, 1.2.3 is the Pick 3 night winner, a player wins if he bet '6' in the Sum game.  Players, of course, will have to have bought a Pick 3 ticket to play the Sum game.

You are right about the Pick 5 and Pick 6 games.

The Pick 5 jackpot has fallen below $30 thousand. No one has won the Lotto game in 41 consecutive drawings. Even a $72 million jackpot doesn't attract much interest in a game players don't like.

Lottery folks say poor Lotto results is due to 'jackpot fatigue.' They simply won't admit that they made big mistake when they adopted Pick 6/54.

They same folks who have come up with a half dozen losing lotto games still have their jobs and are still making big bucks.

Bobby

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                              Tx
                              United States
                              Member #4570
                              May 4, 2004
                              5180 Posts
                              Posted: April 8, 2007, 4:38 am - IP Logged

Bobby

Thanks a lot, that is nice to know, it would be nice if we could play front, back and side pairs for straight, I am not too sure if having a game of any-order pairs would be a good idea for the Tx Lottery, but for the players might be good.

As to a possible sums game, I can't say anything about it yet.

I hope that they hurry up some. 

Good luck. 

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."