Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who is the first person you would tell after you win?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Elizabeth03.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Any town, USA
United States
Member #46729
September 25, 2006
112 Posts
Posted: April 6, 2007, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

Tax Attorney.

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
    Member #28409
    December 15, 2005
    1198 Posts
    Posted: April 6, 2007, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

my husband and children.... they would in turn tell my parents. (who would tell EVERYONE else.) Then I would have to confiscate the childrens' cell phones so their friends wouldn't know.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: April 7, 2007, 5:15 am - IP Logged

You would keep it a secret from your wife???

The first person I would call would be my landlord to give notice.  LOL  I definitely would not tell him I won, just that I need to relocate.  The first person I always think I'd call is one of my sisters, since I plan on giving her money anyway.  I'm just not sure how she would react and I wouldn't want to put her in a difficult position of "keeping a big secret" from the family, so I might wait until I got settled, contacted a lawyer and set up a trust.  My first reaction after looking at the winning numbers would be to pick up the phone right away, but I think it's best to chill out and wait a few days before spilling the beans.  A lot depends on the amount of the jackpot too. 

yes,i would keep it a secret from her until i got the details worked out.i would be scared that in her excitement she would tell just ONE person and then the whole world would know.we've been together ten years in june but we are not married.kind of like what gene simmons said on family jewels "why marry and mess up a good thing?'  i hate to be that way but i just know the minute a marriage happens it does something to people.i've read and seen it happen many times that people who are together for years get married and boom next week they are divorced and hating each other.we have two babies and i gave both of them my last name.i support her and the children by myself.she doesn't work or anything.we do have heated discussions every blue moon and i do think here soon i'll go ahead and take the plunge but i really do hope that it doesn't change things.i've heard the horror stories plus my parents divorced when i was a teen so that could be another reason i'm hesitant because i definitely wouldn't want to hurt the kids.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5118 Posts
        Posted: April 7, 2007, 6:09 am - IP Logged

Here's another vote for telling the 2 cats first.

Second for me would be tax attorney

Third probably another attorney

I don't have family and would never tell my relatives.  I'm convinced there's a way to remain anonymous here, and if so, I probably wouldn't tell friends either but there's a possibility I'd tell my closest friend.  He won't ask for money (I don't think) and can keep his mouth shut.  If others asked how I can afford to live in nice homes etc. I'd just say I made some good investments.  And that is the truth. 

U>>>>>>>>>>gota be kidin----------!!!

cause>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PSYKOMO would his BIG CAT............!!!!

"WHISPER'$$$$$$$$$$$$$" &&&&&&&&&&&&& get psykoo'sssssss

a$$ett$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$............down to the AUTHORIYY....ASAP>

then...................................TELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todd>>&>>LP!!!!!!

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: April 7, 2007, 7:19 am - IP Logged

OldSchool, you kinda missed the generalities of what I meant.

I operate kinda like it sounds you do - a lot of things I say on a 'need to know' basis vs. a 'I gotta tell' basis...... 

amsoly41's avatar - ron paul_gold_standard.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #24912
            October 29, 2005
            94 Posts
            Posted: April 7, 2007, 7:55 am - IP Logged

Attorney

Money can't buy you happiness... but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery Wink

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
              Member #24380
              October 21, 2005
              623 Posts
              Posted: April 8, 2007, 12:11 am - IP Logged

My financial advisor/attorney!Banana

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                Florence, Alabama
                United States
                Member #8658
                November 13, 2004
                1993 Posts
                Posted: April 14, 2007, 3:49 am - IP Logged

yes,i would keep it a secret from her until i got the details worked out.i would be scared that in her excitement she would tell just ONE person and then the whole world would know.we've been together ten years in june but we are not married.kind of like what gene simmons said on family jewels "why marry and mess up a good thing?'  i hate to be that way but i just know the minute a marriage happens it does something to people.i've read and seen it happen many times that people who are together for years get married and boom next week they are divorced and hating each other.we have two babies and i gave both of them my last name.i support her and the children by myself.she doesn't work or anything.we do have heated discussions every blue moon and i do think here soon i'll go ahead and take the plunge but i really do hope that it doesn't change things.i've heard the horror stories plus my parents divorced when i was a teen so that could be another reason i'm hesitant because i definitely wouldn't want to hurt the kids.

I feel you LOTTOMIKE.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

luckypunk's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                  hesperia ca
                  United States
                  Member #51533
                  April 13, 2007
                  44 Posts
                  Posted: April 14, 2007, 10:10 am - IP Logged

When I win the fantasy 5 I will only tell my husband and kids. No one else. When I win the super lotto then I would tell the rest of my family, I think?

luckypunk's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                    hesperia ca
                    United States
                    Member #51533
                    April 13, 2007
                    44 Posts
                    Posted: April 14, 2007, 10:10 am - IP Logged

When I win the fantasy 5 I will only tell my husband and kids. No one else. When I win the super lotto then I would tell the rest of my family, I think?

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                      Nova Scotia
                      Canada
                      Member #9934
                      December 27, 2004
                      884 Posts
                      Posted: April 14, 2007, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

If I won, I would thank God first for helping me to win. Then I would tell my cat!...

Thinking of...