Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who has the worse of situations?

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 10 years ago by guesser.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Who has the worse of situations?

Person A [ 11 ]  [55.00%]
Person B [ 9 ]  [45.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 20 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
tnlotto1's avatar - logo
nashville
United States
Member #49896
February 18, 2007
1181 Posts
Posted: April 7, 2007, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

Trade ?

CUT ! 

good point because if he is a cancer you have to cut it out but i just didnt want to waste a draft pick on a cornerback and then get nothing back for pacman.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
    Gurnee, Illinois
    United States
    Member #49731
    February 12, 2007
    917 Posts
    Posted: April 7, 2007, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

My vote is that person B is worse off.  Why do I think that you might ask?  Well, person A realizes that his lucky stars aligned and because he/she realizes that this more than likely is a once in a lifetime blessing, and everybody should know what not to do as a result of the JW debacle, he/she would be wise about the management and investment of that wealth.  Person B on the other hand would think he/she knows it all as a result of luck smiling down on that system for that moment in time, and as a result, might govern other areas of his/her life likewise (e.g. going into an investment without consulting an attorney and other trusted business advisor with expertise in that area...don't think that doesn't happen to "smart" people?  Try reading "The Millionaire Next Door or "The Millionaire Mind".  In one of those books, Dr. Stanley relates the story of a "smart" doctor who lost his entire life's savings when he entered into an investment without even consulting his attorney or other advisors.).  I think it is an oversimplification to say that anyone who wins as a result of purchasing a QP will not know what to do with the winnings.  Jack already was a millionaire from his business pursuits, but a person's background doesn't matter if he/she subsequently makes boneheaded decisions.  The manner in which a person purchases a lottery ticket doesn't matter either...it all involves luck.  But you can't get lucky in winning the lottery unless you have purchased a ticket for that drawing.

If you derive fun from using a system, there is no problem with that.  But I think anyone would be a bit disingenious if they said they win big very often as a result of playing a lottery system...and they only purchase $5 - $10 per draw.  Heck I have known people who have spent hundreds and even $1,500 on a single draw only to end up with at best a few $3 and $7 wins.  Like I say and believe...

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10354 Posts
      Posted: April 7, 2007, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Folks, there is no Person B. There have been a few people who have won two Pick 6 jackpots, but as far as I know, not even three, let alone six in eight months.

And as others and myself have said here, if there was such a person the state offering the game would cut it off.  -Talk about bad karma!

Genie:" You can develool a system and hit six times in eigh months- but because of you that game will no longer be offered and all Pick 6 games will expand to a 80 number matrix, still want me to grant your wish?"

Whatever would happen to the person who would say yes to the above would make JW look like Rupert Murdoch.   

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #50273
        March 3, 2007
        348 Posts
        Posted: April 7, 2007, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

I would say person A.  Why?  Because that is more money and the press conference is pretty much guranteed.

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: April 7, 2007, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

Folks that continue to say Person B does not exist STILL are missing the point, which was 'what if ?'

And I am sooo sick and tired of hearing excuses as to why a person turns to alcohol, drugs or a life of crime because of a situation thrust upon them....   I'm guessing MOST of us here have been put in bad positions, and MOST of us that have did not turn to some illicit way of life in order to 'overcome' it....

Is there a price tag on this ?   'I won 300 mill and I couldn't cope....'

'I won 15 mill and I couldn't cope.....'

'I won 200K and I couldn't cope....'

'I won 60 mill AND I had to show up at a press conference and I couldn't cope.....' 

Gimme a break.

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: April 7, 2007, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

good point because if he is a cancer you have to cut it out but i just didnt want to waste a draft pick on a cornerback and then get nothing back for pacman.

Pacman to da Raiders, where all idiots that don't know how good they had it seem to end up.

JMO 

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
              nashville
              United States
              Member #49896
              February 18, 2007
              1181 Posts
              Posted: April 7, 2007, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Pacman to da Raiders, where all idiots that don't know how good they had it seem to end up.

JMO 

"where all idiots that don't know how good they had it seem to end up" ha haJester Laugh you are right about that and i think that should be the raiders new catch phrase instead of that old "just win baby" because they havent done that since gruden left

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: April 8, 2007, 1:35 am - IP Logged

"where all idiots that don't know how good they had it seem to end up" ha haJester Laugh you are right about that and i think that should be the raiders new catch phrase instead of that old "just win baby" because they havent done that since gruden left

No, the motto should now be:

'The history of da Raiders - come see how good we wuz' 

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                  Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: April 8, 2007, 8:16 am - IP Logged

i was a big fan of the raiders and steelers for years before we finally get the titans and then i was strictly a titans fan.they've been around for seven or so years and we;ve already had a super bowl and a couple afc championship appearances plus a NFL MVP in mcnair for 2003.now we've got vince young so i say that we've definitely gotten our money worth out of this franchise since 1999.they could've easily been a bust like the new cleveland or houston texans but that wasn't the case.i hate that pac man can't stay out of trouble because he has a lot of talent.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                    Member #91
                    January 19, 2002
                    11936 Posts
                    Posted: April 8, 2007, 8:46 am - IP Logged

Based on a "what If" scenario person B is more likely to be in a worse situation...based on knowing what the "imaginary formula" to hit 6 numbers regularly is...He is messing with a multi billion dollar business that feeds our money into government hands,,,Person B would more than likely be probed, watched, audited, and probably set up, so that the likes of his system never gets found....If he were to sell his system then all of those lotteries matrix woiuld either change or would be shut down,,,,they are not set up for the average persons benefit,,,,,,,

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10354 Posts
                      Posted: April 8, 2007, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

guesser

"Folks that continue to say Person B does not exist STILL are missing the point, which was 'what if ?'"

Yeah, I know that.  I'm just surprised that some people believe Player B could actualy come into existence.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                        Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: April 8, 2007, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

guesser

"Folks that continue to say Person B does not exist STILL are missing the point, which was 'what if ?'"

Yeah, I know that.  I'm just surprised that some people believe Player B could actualy come into existence.

Guesser writes: "Folks that continue to say Person B does not exist STILL are missing the point, which was 'what if ?'" 

Missing the point?  When I was 6 years old we'd take trips in the car and I'd get bored and ask "Daddy, what if...?  all the time.  You can always come up with a "what if" question, like what if tomorrow you woke up and found out your wife was really a man?  or what if you discovered you have beings from another planet living on your block? 

So I guess we should have all sorts of polls on LP like:

Who is better off in this situation?

(A) A man jumps out of a plane at 12,000 feet and his parachute doesn't open.  He somehow survives and everyone is all abuzz, the newspapers, the tv news and he has to take a vacation just to get away from his neighbors.  But soon, after the hooplah dies down, he goes on with his life.  He decides to give up skydiving, figuring he got very lucky and should just be grateful. 

(B) A man jumps out of a plane at 12,000 feet and his parachute doesn't open.  He gets back into the plane and, for an unknown reason, the second parachute doesn't open, but he still survives the fall.  The third time everyone wants to know how he did it and if there is a trick.  He swears he's just very lucky, but now people from all over the world gather around his house and join hands, chant, light candles, and want him to make an appearance.  The media thinks it's some kind of scam.  They want videos showing the event, because they suspect a dummy or other prop was used to fool everyone. 

United States
                          Member #41383
                          June 16, 2006
                          1969 Posts
                          Posted: April 9, 2007, 2:30 am - IP Logged

Guesser writes: "Folks that continue to say Person B does not exist STILL are missing the point, which was 'what if ?'" 

Missing the point?  When I was 6 years old we'd take trips in the car and I'd get bored and ask "Daddy, what if...?  all the time.  You can always come up with a "what if" question, like what if tomorrow you woke up and found out your wife was really a man?  or what if you discovered you have beings from another planet living on your block? 

So I guess we should have all sorts of polls on LP like:

Who is better off in this situation?

(A) A man jumps out of a plane at 12,000 feet and his parachute doesn't open.  He somehow survives and everyone is all abuzz, the newspapers, the tv news and he has to take a vacation just to get away from his neighbors.  But soon, after the hooplah dies down, he goes on with his life.  He decides to give up skydiving, figuring he got very lucky and should just be grateful. 

(B) A man jumps out of a plane at 12,000 feet and his parachute doesn't open.  He gets back into the plane and, for an unknown reason, the second parachute doesn't open, but he still survives the fall.  The third time everyone wants to know how he did it and if there is a trick.  He swears he's just very lucky, but now people from all over the world gather around his house and join hands, chant, light candles, and want him to make an appearance.  The media thinks it's some kind of scam.  They want videos showing the event, because they suspect a dummy or other prop was used to fool everyone. 

Ok, someone asked 'what if ?'

And folks reply 'that would never happen'.

'That would never happen' is not a valid reply to a 'what if ?'

'What if' ALL of us on this thread won successive jackpots ?

'That would never happen' is what someone will say.

And then I will say 'correct, but what if it did ?'

JXP - my choice for your 'what if ?' is A)