Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is the latest you can buy PB & MM tickets near you?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Mikelos.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What is the latest time you can buy lottery tickets near you?

All the way up til' 10:45 pm est [ 14 ]  [40.00%]
Up until 10 pm est [ 14 ]  [40.00%]
Up until 9 pm est [ 6 ]  [17.14%]
Up until 8 pm est [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Up until 7:30 pm est at the latest [ 1 ]  [2.86%]
Total Valid Votes [ 35 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
spy153's avatar - maren

United States
Member #28409
December 15, 2005
1198 Posts
Posted: April 16, 2007, 10:51 am - IP Logged

In tn for pb it is no later than 10 at my special little store. In Ky, up to 10:45. Now for MM, that is a horse of a different color. I have to drive to va and the nearest store selling the tickets closes at 8 pm. I would have to drive over an hour to play any later.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19815 Posts
    Posted: April 16, 2007, 11:02 am - IP Logged

If you have to drive an hour to play then it's not a game you decide to play at the last minute, you plan ahead.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #9579
      December 12, 2004
      2121 Posts
      Posted: April 17, 2007, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

it seems to me that the drawing for like powerball would have to be like 9 pm out west,or they would know the numbers to be drawn,if the draw was in the east before the draw in the west,at 11pm est.lotterys would not allow that as then the winner would always be out west in pacific time,right?

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
        Member #28409
        December 15, 2005
        1198 Posts
        Posted: April 17, 2007, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

If you have to drive an hour to play then it's not a game you decide to play at the last minute, you plan ahead.

yes, I have to plan way ahead. I have to have my numbers ready to go by 4 to 6 pm or I don't play. I worded that wrong earlier in the post. I have to drive and hour from my house to play by 8pm. I have to drive over an hour from that store to play any later.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: April 17, 2007, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

yes, I have to plan way ahead. I have to have my numbers ready to go by 4 to 6 pm or I don't play. I worded that wrong earlier in the post. I have to drive and hour from my house to play by 8pm. I have to drive over an hour from that store to play any later.

Just curious - do you drive to VA just to buy tickets or do you have other business there?  I find this very interesting. We've had polls asking how far someone will travel to play, and a number of people will travel out of state.  So one would need to include transportation costs into his/her budget.  Unless someone lives right by an interstate, an hour's drive is around 50-60 miles.  (or, depending on traffic, here in SW Fla it could be up the road to get milk. LOL)  So even with good gas mileage, that's about 120 miles roundtrip or 4-5 gallons plus tolls or $12-$15 in addition to the price of the lottery tickets.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
            Gurnee, Illinois
            United States
            Member #49731
            February 12, 2007
            917 Posts
            Posted: April 17, 2007, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Pretty much all of the stores I have gone to in WI, IL, and IN keep their terminals up until 9:00 PM CST (10 pm EST); there are a few Speedway and Shell stations that keep their terminals up til 10:00 PM CST for people to buy MM tickets on non-draw days.  And the Stateline Citgo store in Pleasant Prarie (south of Kenosha) keep their terminals up on non-draw days past the 9 PM CST hour for people to buy Powerball tickets (though the shutdown time usually occurs within 45 minutes after that time).

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

Pick3forSC's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
              North Carolina (West of Charlotte)
              United States
              Member #1436
              April 28, 2003
              628 Posts
              Posted: April 17, 2007, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

I voted 10 pm... but the terminals I play at in my small little city in NC actually shut down at ... 9:58 pm.

Dalton, Georgia
                United States
                Member #51640
                April 17, 2007
                2 Posts
                Posted: April 17, 2007, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

I voted 10 pm... but the terminals I play at in my small little city in NC actually shut down at ... 9:58 pm.

Most stations here allow the play up until 10:45 pm; however I've seen a few that stop around 10:30 (?).