Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The game of "Lottery Driving." (Give it a shot!)

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
New Jersey
United States
Member #50273
March 3, 2007
348 Posts
Posted: April 12, 2007, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

I was bored today and wanted to try something different with buying my MM tickets.  I decided to buy 1 MM QP ticket from 5 different stores.  I located 5 stores within close proximity of each other, parked near the first one and then went on to buy 1 MM QP from each store.  Its funny because 3 of the stores were within very close proximity of each other, some 20 feet between each store (1 Shoprite, 1 liquir store, and 1 dollar store).  The other two gas stations were a Shell and an A-Plus.  Those two were about a 5 minute walk  each way from the other 3 stores.

I must say doing it that way was kinda fun.  It kinda felt like a treasure hunt lol!  I came up with the name from "War Driving" which on the surface is a person that drives around looking for Wi-Fi hotspots.

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: April 12, 2007, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Pretty cool, thanks for sharing that.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1953 Posts
      Posted: April 12, 2007, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

I've done it. I'll admit I do get a funny feeling when I do.Yes Nod

Gonna win.Big Smile

New Jersey
        United States
        Member #50273
        March 3, 2007
        348 Posts
        Posted: April 14, 2007, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

Ahh!!!  I've located my next 5 stores!  Will have to do a little more walking this time though.  Most of the stores are about 5 minutes from each other.  I'll park near the first and enjoy the walk though.

After that, there is a road that has 7 places to buy tickets from.  I'll do that one the following week.  Thats gonna be a decent walk too, probably about 30 minutes each way to cover the 7 spots.  The first 4 aren't that bad, the last 3 are about a 5-10 minute walk apart each.

Has anyone else tried this yet?

wpb's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
          Charlotte North Carolina
          United States
          Member #464
          July 9, 2002
          17392 Posts
          Posted: April 14, 2007, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

I think I read that a person in Charlotte hit the Powerball by playing every store on one road.  They did not hit the Jackpot but did have 5 numbers for a cool $200,000. Apparently they did not have the powerplay option which I always purchase, just in case!

wpb

New Jersey
            United States
            Member #50273
            March 3, 2007
            348 Posts
            Posted: April 14, 2007, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

I think I read that a person in Charlotte hit the Powerball by playing every store on one road.  They did not hit the Jackpot but did have 5 numbers for a cool $200,000. Apparently they did not have the powerplay option which I always purchase, just in case!

I doubt I was the first to come up with this concept but I thought it would be fun to do and its good for exercise to boot! Sun Smiley

United States
              Member #10720
              January 23, 2005
              933 Posts
              Posted: April 14, 2007, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

When there is a big enough jackpot I will play a few at each place I visit. When JW won PB, for that drawing I had played PB in several States: WV, CT and PA! When it was announced the day after Xmas a winner in WV I was briefly excited and then let down as the store name sounded unfamiliar. Anyway I usually do that (more locally) because this way if I hear "there was a winning ticket sold at Store X" it's at least more likely that I played there even if my overall odds are no better. Sometimes you need to add a little excitement. I also think about, if I won the jackpot, what store to get credit for selling the ticket? Ones where the people are nice to me and don't give me contaminated coffee or shortchange me, get higher priority!

New Jersey
                United States
                Member #50273
                March 3, 2007
                348 Posts
                Posted: April 14, 2007, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

When there is a big enough jackpot I will play a few at each place I visit. When JW won PB, for that drawing I had played PB in several States: WV, CT and PA! When it was announced the day after Xmas a winner in WV I was briefly excited and then let down as the store name sounded unfamiliar. Anyway I usually do that (more locally) because this way if I hear "there was a winning ticket sold at Store X" it's at least more likely that I played there even if my overall odds are no better. Sometimes you need to add a little excitement. I also think about, if I won the jackpot, what store to get credit for selling the ticket? Ones where the people are nice to me and don't give me contaminated coffee or shortchange me, get higher priority!

I'll tell you what, I don't play if the clerk is rude.  I mean, I still will buy my ticket(s) but I won't return to that store unless I know for sure there will be a different clerk on duty.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                  Member #41383
                  June 16, 2006
                  1969 Posts
                  Posted: April 15, 2007, 3:48 am - IP Logged

I'll tell you what, I don't play if the clerk is rude.  I mean, I still will buy my ticket(s) but I won't return to that store unless I know for sure there will be a different clerk on duty.

I know I don't have the time to drive around specifically looking for a clerk that isn't rude....

Everybody - clerks or anyone - has good days and has bad days, I'll admit I'm no different. 

New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #50273
                    March 3, 2007
                    348 Posts
                    Posted: April 15, 2007, 4:03 am - IP Logged

Nah, i'm not talking about "having-a-bad-day-rude," i'm talking about the type of rude that comes natural to some people.  I can usually tell when a person is having a bad day and being rude.  I usually say whatever and keep going on about my business.  But if the clerk is an arse, I won't return until I know they are not there.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                      nashville
                      United States
                      Member #49896
                      February 18, 2007
                      1181 Posts
                      Posted: April 15, 2007, 5:09 am - IP Logged

im glad you gave it a  name because i have done it in the past especially when im playing a raffle game i like to get my tickets at many places because until i win the jackpot i cant say i have a favorite place that im loyal too but i know which places have the nicest employees so i go out of my way to get at least one raffle ticket from each of those places and i try to ignore how much pricey gas im wasting,ha ha....Wink

Baton Rouge, LA
                        United States
                        Member #4602
                        May 7, 2004
                        699 Posts
                        Posted: April 15, 2007, 10:39 am - IP Logged

I have tried something similar.  When Powerball jackpots have gotten high, my wife and I have bought tickets at different stores, sometimes in different parts of town.  We got alot of different numbers, but we didn't win anything.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: April 15, 2007, 10:52 am - IP Logged

Sounds like a plan - whatever works for you!  I don't know if I've gone out of my way to buy in different places, but I have purchased tickets in a few different stores at different times during the week, even different counties.  If I need to travel out of my area, like over to the East Coast of FL, I usually stop to buy a QP when I stop for gas, just because it's 150 miles from home and somewhere different. So far, that hasn't worked either! 

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                            Member #50124
                            February 26, 2007
                            601 Posts
                            Posted: April 15, 2007, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

I used to do this, but the city I live in is so spread out that I had to drive from store to store.  I'd get in my car and spend probably 45 minutes or an hour driving.  After doing that for a month or so and never winning I decided it would be better to use the money I was spending on gas, to buy extra tickets instead.

New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #50273
                              March 3, 2007
                              348 Posts
                              Posted: April 15, 2007, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

I used to do this, but the city I live in is so spread out that I had to drive from store to store.  I'd get in my car and spend probably 45 minutes or an hour driving.  After doing that for a month or so and never winning I decided it would be better to use the money I was spending on gas, to buy extra tickets instead.

I hear you.  I guess i'm lucky that I have so many green machines within close proximity of each other around here.