Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Curse of the Lottery

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 10 years ago by amsoly41.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #23835
October 16, 2005
3474 Posts
Posted: April 17, 2007, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

"I wish they had a show on all of the winners who are living their lives without problems. Wow...what a concept."

One of the reasons that some lottery winners do well and don't end up broke or in the news is because they don't have ego problems and aren't stupid enough  to cooperate with somebody who might want to do a TV show about them. If somebody wants to make money by producing a show about people who came into a lot of money and handled it well they have better choices than doing one about lottery winners who didn't (continue to) have  problems. There are plenty of celebrities who have more money than all but a few lottery winners, and since they're considered public figures their permission isn't required.

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: April 17, 2007, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

"I wish they had a show on all of the winners who are living their lives without problems. Wow...what a concept."

One of the reasons that some lottery winners do well and don't end up broke or in the news is because they don't have ego problems and aren't stupid enough  to cooperate with somebody who might want to do a TV show about them. If somebody wants to make money by producing a show about people who came into a lot of money and handled it well they have better choices than doing one about lottery winners who didn't (continue to) have  problems. There are plenty of celebrities who have more money than all but a few lottery winners, and since they're considered public figures their permission isn't required.

I know that there won't be a show about happy lives, and I wouldn't even watch it if there was. It'd be too boring.

I was just trying to make a point of how so many people are always telling me that money doesen't buy you happiness. If it wasn't bad enough that people around me say this, now we have shows about how a bunch of irresponsible people making really bad decisions, bring themselves down. The producers love the dirty laundry aspect of it, and that's how they make their money.

"Just say no", is not just for drug use, and comes in very handy after a major win.....LOL

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: April 19, 2007, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

I would not mind doing a TV Show if I won, but I would produce it, I would direct it, I would write it, I would edit it, and somebody else would pay for it.  But I would have 100% control over it or I would not do it.  Period.

With all of my requirements, I'd say it would never get done because nobody would ever agree to my requirements. 

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
        nashville
        United States
        Member #49896
        February 18, 2007
        1181 Posts
        Posted: April 20, 2007, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

I would not mind doing a TV Show if I won, but I would produce it, I would direct it, I would write it, I would edit it, and somebody else would pay for it.  But I would have 100% control over it or I would not do it.  Period.

With all of my requirements, I'd say it would never get done because nobody would ever agree to my requirements. 

i think i would do a show it just depends on when they wanted to do it because i would want to be able to pick when they start filming the movie.

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #50273
          March 3, 2007
          348 Posts
          Posted: April 25, 2007, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

I missed it again... This is bad...

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #46570
            September 14, 2006
            558 Posts
            Posted: April 26, 2007, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

Damn it... I missed it too.. A day late too

If I were to win a large some of money, I wouldnt say,do or promise anything until I spoke to an attorney,CFA and CPA and had all my finances in order. That alone will keep the wolves away. I would just say to anyone who was asking for money... "If your idea appeals to me, my people will contact you." ..keeping it professional.

The fact is, if you didn't earn a large sum of money, people will think you dont deserve it. If you earned it, no one will hound you for any money.

If you win, you're not obligated to give anyone 1 red cent! When you were having hard times, did anyone offer you money? Think back ...and the ones that helped are your true family/friends.

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #50273
              March 3, 2007
              348 Posts
              Posted: April 26, 2007, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

Damn it... I missed it too.. A day late too

If I were to win a large some of money, I wouldnt say,do or promise anything until I spoke to an attorney,CFA and CPA and had all my finances in order. That alone will keep the wolves away. I would just say to anyone who was asking for money... "If your idea appeals to me, my people will contact you." ..keeping it professional.

The fact is, if you didn't earn a large sum of money, people will think you dont deserve it. If you earned it, no one will hound you for any money.

If you win, you're not obligated to give anyone 1 red cent! When you were having hard times, did anyone offer you money? Think back ...and the ones that helped are your true family/friends.

I wouldn't even say that.  I'd say no thank you and i'd move on.  People think just because you won the lottery, its your responsibilty to give them some money.  Well I have news for them and anyone trying to part with my dough.  If you didn't give me any money to play or help with my system prior to winning, don't expect me to give you anything because I am not giving it.  I have 6 people on my share list if I win the small $12m or 15m MM or PB JP, and it grows to 12 as the JP gets larger.  If your name is not on that list, you won't get one red cent.

Sounds harsh but thats how it has to be.

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
                Florida
                United States
                Member #46570
                September 14, 2006
                558 Posts
                Posted: April 26, 2007, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't even say that.  I'd say no thank you and i'd move on.  People think just because you won the lottery, its your responsibilty to give them some money.  Well I have news for them and anyone trying to part with my dough.  If you didn't give me any money to play or help with my system prior to winning, don't expect me to give you anything because I am not giving it.  I have 6 people on my share list if I win the small $12m or 15m MM or PB JP, and it grows to 12 as the JP gets larger.  If your name is not on that list, you won't get one red cent.

Sounds harsh but thats how it has to be.

I hear ya ... It can cost alot of money to backtest new systems, not to mention your time and efforts ...and to just freely hand over your reward to others when you finally win isnt fair at all.... its disgraceful on their part to even ask.... if they have the (CENSORED) to ask, then you should have the (CENSORED) to say "Go to hell!" No No

Just my opinion...

Omni 

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                  nashville
                  United States
                  Member #49896
                  February 18, 2007
                  1181 Posts
                  Posted: April 26, 2007, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

I hear ya ... It can cost alot of money to backtest new systems, not to mention your time and efforts ...and to just freely hand over your reward to others when you finally win isnt fair at all.... its disgraceful on their part to even ask.... if they have the (CENSORED) to ask, then you should have the (CENSORED) to say "Go to hell!" No No

Just my opinion...

Omni 

some people look down on lottery players and wont give them money to play in a pool but if they ever win  they will be the first ones with their hands out like they deserve money or you owe them just because you didnt work 50 years at a regular job to earn the millions you won in a lottery. i wont have a problem saying no to most people when my jackpot time comes around...Confused

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                    Gurnee, Illinois
                    United States
                    Member #49731
                    February 12, 2007
                    917 Posts
                    Posted: April 26, 2007, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

I don't even have a share list.  Me no share now, Me no share then!  Oh Omniscient, the smart way to play is to buy QP's...one per draw will do.  That's what you call playing smart and responsibly.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

amsoly41's avatar - ron paul_gold_standard.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #24912
                      October 29, 2005
                      94 Posts
                      Posted: April 29, 2007, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I Think E! channel will Air this again on 05/06/07 @ 3:00pm EST

You might want to check the listings.

Lurking

Money can't buy you happiness... but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery Wink