Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what would one do if they won 34 million

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 10 years ago by rootofallevil.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
va
United States
Member #51662
April 18, 2007
8 Posts
Posted: April 18, 2007, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

I would think at the least you could pay your parents car off, greed makes me sick hope you read this, your sister

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
    Member #50124
    February 26, 2007
    601 Posts
    Posted: April 18, 2007, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

I would think at the least you could pay your parents car off, greed makes me sick hope you read this, your sister

LOL!  Hey, if I won I'd give nothing to my relatives either.  But I'd give millions to charities, and even help out strangers and acquaintances who I deem to be worthy, so be careful who you're calling greedy.  Just because your sibling isn't giving it away how you think they should doesn't make 'em greedy.   Reminds me of that old expression, you reap what you sow.  Maybe the people your sibling isn't helping are reaping exactly what they sowed.

va
      United States
      Member #51662
      April 18, 2007
      8 Posts
      Posted: April 18, 2007, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

LOL Lilly i was not talking about relatives or even me for that matter, but i would think parents who have always been there would be treated to a much higher standard. since there was no strain before the big jackpot why would anyone not want to make life a little nicer for there parents who are old and on a very limited income,  i consider a parent Not just some relative. Oh you wont see that lotto winner giving to any charity sorry folks.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: April 18, 2007, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

I like your user ID, but remember that it's the "LOVE" of money, not money itself, that is the root of all evil if you are going to quote the Bible. 

As far as whom I would give money to, it would be based on need.  I would only buy a modest home and pay off my debts and then put enough away to live a comfortable existence.  Then I would work with charitable foundations to help others, including animals.  Maybe if I felt I had the strength, I'd start my own animal retreat, like a ranch for retired horses where they could live out their golden years on an open pasture instead of standing in a barn all day.  My father doesn't need any money and my mother is deceased. 

Where did the $34 million come from?  We have polls like this all the time. They are exactly the same, only the jackpot differs.

TheMaker's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

United States
          Member #44530
          August 5, 2006
          8439 Posts
          Posted: April 18, 2007, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

I 4 1 would pay off all my bills, start building a house(nothing 2 fancy), take my family on a much needed vaction, put money away for all (13) of my kids college & invest d rest(provided sum is left)!!! 

GOD BLESS EVERY ONE!!!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: April 18, 2007, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

I 4 1 would pay off all my bills, start building a house(nothing 2 fancy), take my family on a much needed vaction, put money away for all (13) of my kids college & invest d rest(provided sum is left)!!! 

13 children?  Wow!  Think your wife is the one who needs the vacation. LOL By the way, tuck a little of that money away for a vasectomy. LOL

va
              United States
              Member #51662
              April 18, 2007
              8 Posts
              Posted: April 18, 2007, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

I would also buy nice things its only human nature but to spend half of it in a 2 months time is crazy...Thats not my gripe though its just about doing the right thing for my parents thats all. to watch someome you know all your life all of a sudden say they have to move to be with people more in there legue is a joke. why do people all of a sudden change over money? why cant they just be there old way?

TheMaker's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

United States
                Member #44530
                August 5, 2006
                8439 Posts
                Posted: April 18, 2007, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

13 children?  Wow!  Think your wife is the one who needs the vacation. LOL By the way, tuck a little of that money away for a vasectomy. LOL

Big Grin I had 10 of my own before I married her & she had 3 when we met. We don't have any 2gether. Neither of us r able 2 have anymore(THANK GOD)!!! 

GOD BLESS EVERY ONE!!!

Mone's avatar - appleboy
                  Nassau
                  Bahamas
                  Member #1514
                  May 16, 2003
                  606 Posts
                  Posted: April 18, 2007, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Big Grin I had 10 of my own before I married her & she had 3 when we met. We don't have any 2gether. Neither of us r able 2 have anymore(THANK GOD)!!! 

I only need 1 million I only need one mil I wouldn't be to greedy I just need something just to start with.

MONE

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: April 18, 2007, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

I don't wanna sound direspectful, but how many versions of these "what would you do if you had trillions?" topics can we possibly come up with?

If you do a search, I think you'll be able to read thousands of similar questions and answers. It's kind of an overkill, don't you think?

Again, sorry if I sound insensitive...

United States
                      Member #50124
                      February 26, 2007
                      601 Posts
                      Posted: April 18, 2007, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

LOL Lilly i was not talking about relatives or even me for that matter, but i would think parents who have always been there would be treated to a much higher standard. since there was no strain before the big jackpot why would anyone not want to make life a little nicer for there parents who are old and on a very limited income,  i consider a parent Not just some relative. Oh you wont see that lotto winner giving to any charity sorry folks.

By "relative" I was including mother, brothers, sister.  And yes, I would give millions to charity and zero to them.

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
                        Stone Mountain, GA
                        United States
                        Member #3189
                        January 1, 2004
                        28231 Posts
                        Posted: April 18, 2007, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

10?  That's why your id is The Maker, huh?  Big Smile

Just kidding, I'm the 5th of 10. 

va
                          United States
                          Member #51662
                          April 18, 2007
                          8 Posts
                          Posted: April 18, 2007, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

well lilly it sound like your family may have screwed you over some how, As far as mine there was no problem till the jackpot thing happened. Through it all though she is my sister and i love her. Her way of thinking is not clear. sorry to hear you have such a lonley life because beyond money family is what counts, I just want my sister back to be like her old self. I feel sorry lilly you dont know what the real value of family is about. good luck Smile

United States
                            Member #50124
                            February 26, 2007
                            601 Posts
                            Posted: April 18, 2007, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

I would also buy nice things its only human nature but to spend half of it in a 2 months time is crazy...Thats not my gripe though its just about doing the right thing for my parents thats all. to watch someome you know all your life all of a sudden say they have to move to be with people more in there legue is a joke. why do people all of a sudden change over money? why cant they just be there old way?

It's not always the people with the money who change.  Sometimes it's the people around them who start asking for money, acting as though they're somehow entitled, treating them like a bank and sulking when they're told no, or being jealous over what the now-rich person has, or suggesting in oh-so-subtle ways that the now-rich person doesn't deserve their good fortune.

United States
                              Member #50124
                              February 26, 2007
                              601 Posts
                              Posted: April 18, 2007, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

well lilly it sound like your family may have screwed you over some how, As far as mine there was no problem till the jackpot thing happened. Through it all though she is my sister and i love her. Her way of thinking is not clear. sorry to hear you have such a lonley life because beyond money family is what counts, I just want my sister back to be like her old self. I feel sorry lilly you dont know what the real value of family is about. good luck Smile

This sounds like it should have been directed towards your sister, not me.

Don't feel sorry for me, I'm not lonely.  I have lots of friends and a full, happy life.  Good luck to you, too.  Thumbs Up