Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Online got me into this mess, Can it get me out?

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
Member #50124
February 26, 2007
601 Posts
Posted: April 20, 2007, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if this poster is an IMposter.

This person joined April 20, 2007, today. This may be a school project of some kind. Perhaps some type of "paper".

You know this sort of thing has happened before. 

Being in business for 28 years & this sort of thing is happening now. Especially with money missing & blame being placed concerning employees. I would expect that some type of legal action would have taken place by now on the part of the accused.

This story does not add up. I can't see it. & I may be wrong... but ...that's how it is coming down the pike to me.

Yeah, I thought about that too and almost didn't reply.  But I'm nosy and bossy so I went ahead and put my two cents in anyway.  Big Grin  There was another one asking about what you'd do if your sister won 35M and didn't give her family anything.  I'm sure that was some kid with a project too.  Probably the same person.  Roll Eyes

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
    Clarksville
    United States
    Member #487
    July 15, 2002
    17638 Posts
    Posted: April 20, 2007, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

If she was my wife, I would cut her off, period.  No money for anything.  She has to take responsibility for her actions and if she doesn't consider the harm she is doing to her children and to her husband then she should get what she deserves.  Her name would be taken off everything financial, ie bank accounts, credit cards, house, car..everything until she got her act together.  If she didn't..I would call my local police and turn her in.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Augusta, Georgia
      United States
      Member #51133
      March 29, 2007
      241 Posts
      Posted: April 20, 2007, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

1. Cut off all her access to cash, credit, loans, IOU's, etc.

2.Put a stop on all her credit cards.

3. Cut off any way she can get cash or sell anything to get cash (safe deposit boxes, silver, gold, car title,etc).

Pretty soon she will be hurting enough and you can  give her a choice, keep on hurting or go to GA meetings. Do not give her any access to cash or credit for the next year. Give her enough for gas or meals and demand a reciept for both. 

The dangers:

1. Suicide

2. Her leaving.

It is literally a life or death situation. Seek help from GA members, pastor, counselors, etc.

Gamblers have the highest suicide rate of any addiction. Letting her go on gambling is basically loading the shotgun. A gambling addict is not rational or logical.  

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: April 20, 2007, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I met a friend of my husband a couple years ago in Florida.  He and his wife nearly divorce due to his addition with scratch offs.  We really didn't understand what they were talking about since this was before TN got scratch offs.

Now working in the lottery store, I see this type of addition daily,  weekly.  People come in and scratch $50/$100 daily in hopes of winning the big one... Never knowing when to stop.

We refer to the scratch off's as the "suckers" game. 

It was sad to see this woman have to look over this grown man's money all the time.

He was not allow to go to the store period.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: April 20, 2007, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if this poster is an IMposter.

This person joined April 20, 2007, today. This may be a school project of some kind. Perhaps some type of "paper".

You know this sort of thing has happened before. 

Being in business for 28 years & this sort of thing is happening now. Especially with money missing & blame being placed concerning employees. I would expect that some type of legal action would have taken place by now on the part of the accused.

This story does not add up. I can't see it. & I may be wrong... but ...that's how it is coming down the pike to me.

That's more likely than not because there are dis-functional people coming to LP as strangers to whine about their personal problems as if a group of other strangers should care.  It hard for me to believe that any business person would continue a relationship with a totally dis-functional spouse that was steeling from him.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: April 20, 2007, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

I think it is an imposter as well, based on this sentence in the original story:

'I have seen her on this website, and thought maybe someone here could put some light on the subject, or have a suggestion.  Does any body have a magic number?'

He's seen her on this website, so he posts here as well ?  Not likely. 

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
              Member #1987
              August 5, 2003
              8968 Posts
              Posted: April 20, 2007, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

I think it is an imposter as well, based on this sentence in the original story:

'I have seen her on this website, and thought maybe someone here could put some light on the subject, or have a suggestion.  Does any body have a magic number?'

He's seen her on this website, so he posts here as well ?  Not likely. 

Here is a post that resembles this thread. It's called "im in TROUBLE" In this post the couple does not have children. & the poster is from Louisiana. What's goin' on?

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/146016/722806?q=gambling+addiction

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: April 20, 2007, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

Someone said: "Gamblers have the highest suicide rate of any addiction. Letting her go on gambling is basically loading the shotgun. A gambling addict is not rational or logical."

I don't know why if gamblers are so high that they have the highest suicidal rate, why hasn't any gambling addict started a not too hard free lotto for the rest of gambling addicts...For who? For the rest of gambling addicts...But if you think about it gambling addicts are money addicts and who isn't money addict?I plan to start a free lottery for who? For gambling addicts and the rest of the population that dreams in one day winning the lottery [and i am not a gambling addict]...I am planning to start 2 bussiness in the future. First one and then if it goes good the other...I'll like to make 5K total from both bussinesses...And if i make 5K a month, i feel i'll have the confidence to be able to start a free lottery (in Spanish, i'll have to talk to the advertisers)...I want to start a free lottery so bad in my country...Actually i'll like to start multiple free lotteries, but i have to conform myself with one first...I was thinking of a Free Lottery same as Fl's Mega Money or Hot Lotto...But first i have to make some money first...

I am not a gamblind addict...I am here at LP all the time because I don't watch TV, only here and there i watch some shows (like breaking las vegas, and they give that on sundays at night), so instead of watching T.V i visit LP...I have cable and all channels are boring, they don't got nothing i want to watch...And even if they had an X rated channel i would not watch it because most women they portray are very skinny/slender and i like women with meat on them, sort of chubby/plump...

I don't make fun of addicts because i am addicted to something too...I've tried and tried and is very, very hard to quit (i am not addicted to drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or cafeine) I don't know if i will ever be able to quit...MY addiction involves the shower if you all know what i mean (you could basically say is sex)...So i think i have a notion of what addicts must be going through...

"The Truth is Out There........"                                      from movie "The X-Files"

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                  Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5583 Posts
                  Posted: April 20, 2007, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Again the theory of "History repeating itself" rears its ugly head!

Zorak is sad:  "Selfish humans, won't they ever learn?"

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                    Clarksville
                    United States
                    Member #487
                    July 15, 2002
                    17638 Posts
                    Posted: April 20, 2007, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

I agree that gamblers do have a high suicide rate but in order for the person to start to try to control their addiction, money must be removed from their environment.  They aren't gambling for the money but for the thrill so whether they win or lose, gambling is still detrimental to them.  To allow them to have resources where they can get to money is like giving an alcoholic a "little drink".

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                      Member #14
                      November 9, 2001
                      31344 Posts
                      Posted: April 21, 2007, 12:08 am - IP Logged

This story sounds  Fish

love to nibble those micey feet.

Winner2Be's avatar - diva
                        Charleston
                        United States
                        Member #1990
                        August 5, 2003
                        1675 Posts
                        Posted: April 21, 2007, 10:32 am - IP Logged

Here is a post that resembles this thread. It's called "im in TROUBLE" In this post the couple does not have children. & the poster is from Louisiana. What's goin' on?

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/146016/722806?q=gambling+addiction

The above link is in reference to Bipolar (Dawn)---

We all know Bipolar (Dawn), and is confident that she is genuine and sincere and would never CON OTHERS!!!  She was being honest and taking proper steps to get the help that was needed and felt that she could confide in her LP Family.  I guess when one is good at conning others it's easy to see when a CON is happening right Laverne!!!  Remember to ALWAYS practice what you preach!!!

Tennis Practice 

Sometimes the Heart can see what the eyes cannot.

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #51696
                          April 20, 2007
                          3 Posts
                          Posted: April 21, 2007, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

No school project, I didnt mean to come across whinning, I wasnt asking for any thing but advice.  I have sold lottery in three states, and who better toask but other players, or players that maybe have had the same problem.  We are in a rural area, and there seems like nobody else to discuss the problem with.  You dont want to talk about a problem like this with your customers that play lottery, they will think she sits there and grabs all the winners.  I have no family, nor would I want to talk to her family about this, since it seems they apear to have the same problem.  We have been married for 18 years, and you dont just throw the time away, also I have offten thought about throwing her in jail, but how do you do this with 3 children at home.  I have even had her along with 2 other employees take a lie detector test by the state police, and she got out of it due to having a heat stroke at one time.  The local police will not do anything anymore, I have tried.  As far as my health, this is a problem that has been worsening for about 15 years, and there is no cure, but work has kept me from dwelling on this problem.  I have worked for several big oil companys in the last 28 years, and I know what I should have done, my stupidness, I know, no one is more out then myself.  I thank you guys for the advice that took me on the level, and didnt mean to offend anyone for thinking my post was a scam.  I actualy was the person that my wife found out about this website, because she heard me telling one of my lottery customers about it.  I have contacted places like Score (for small buisness), and the guy they gave me here in Ky. said it sounded like a personal problem, that was a good one.  Thanks for your advice.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #17843
                            June 28, 2005
                            49699 Posts
                            Posted: April 21, 2007, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

First Rule of Holes:

When You're In One: Stop Digging!

This might also apply to gambling:

When You've Lost The Family Fortune: Stop Betting!

The advice is the easy part: quiting will be difficult!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                              Wandering Aimlessly
                              United States
                              Member #25360
                              November 5, 2005
                              4461 Posts
                              Posted: April 21, 2007, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Someone said: "Gamblers have the highest suicide rate of any addiction. Letting her go on gambling is basically loading the shotgun. A gambling addict is not rational or logical."

I don't know why if gamblers are so high that they have the highest suicidal rate, why hasn't any gambling addict started a not too hard free lotto for the rest of gambling addicts...For who? For the rest of gambling addicts...But if you think about it gambling addicts are money addicts and who isn't money addict?I plan to start a free lottery for who? For gambling addicts and the rest of the population that dreams in one day winning the lottery [and i am not a gambling addict]...I am planning to start 2 bussiness in the future. First one and then if it goes good the other...I'll like to make 5K total from both bussinesses...And if i make 5K a month, i feel i'll have the confidence to be able to start a free lottery (in Spanish, i'll have to talk to the advertisers)...I want to start a free lottery so bad in my country...Actually i'll like to start multiple free lotteries, but i have to conform myself with one first...I was thinking of a Free Lottery same as Fl's Mega Money or Hot Lotto...But first i have to make some money first...

I am not a gamblind addict...I am here at LP all the time because I don't watch TV, only here and there i watch some shows (like breaking las vegas, and they give that on sundays at night), so instead of watching T.V i visit LP...I have cable and all channels are boring, they don't got nothing i want to watch...And even if they had an X rated channel i would not watch it because most women they portray are very skinny/slender and i like women with meat on them, sort of chubby/plump...

I don't make fun of addicts because i am addicted to something too...I've tried and tried and is very, very hard to quit (i am not addicted to drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or cafeine) I don't know if i will ever be able to quit...MY addiction involves the shower if you all know what i mean (you could basically say is sex)...So i think i have a notion of what addicts must be going through...

"The Truth is Out There........"                                      from movie "The X-Files"

" I don't know why if gamblers are so high that they have the highest suicidal rate, why hasn't any gambling addict started a not too hard free lotto for the rest of gambling addicts...For who? For the rest of gambling addicts...But if you think about it gambling addicts are money addicts and who isn't money addict?"

Pumpi, there is a difference between someone who enjoys doing something a lot and an addict.  For example, you mentioned money.  I know women who spend and spend and are the epitome of "Shop 'til you drop."  I'm not - even when I had money I didn't like to shop unless I really needed something.  Anyway, it becomes an addiction or obsession when it has a devastating effect on your life.  If someone has lots of money and enjoys spending it, whether it's on lottery tickets, trips to Vegas, food, or 500 pairs of shoes, it's really not an addiction if he/she isn't controlled by the behavior.  Smoking is an addition, a horrible and deadly one, because of chemicals purposely added to the tobacco.  However, let's say I smoked 5 cigarettes a day.  I haven't smoked since 1974, but I used to smoke a little after a meal or when I was at a party.  I gave it up very easily (and I absolutely hate smoke now!) so I wasn't addicted to it.  I also enjoy a tail once in a while, but I never drink & drive and I don't go out of my way for liquor.  However, sometimes I enjoy drinking wine with dinner and I'll have a cold beer at the end of a hot and muggy day.  A got some brandy on my birthday in March and really enjoyed sipping on it at night.  However, if tomorrow I was told I could never have anything with alcohol in it again, it would be okay. So, in my opinion, if something is creating havoc in your life, causing you to miss work, get behind in bills or affecting relationships, then it's an addiction.  Otherwise it might be a hobby or even a bad habit.  I've got lots of bad habits, but I wouldn't call them addictions.