Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick-3 and/or Pick 4 : How many on one ticket?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LuckyLilly.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: April 29, 2007, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Nowadays, most games put up to 5, maybe even 10, plays on a single ticket. But in a lot of states that does not apply to Pick-3 and Pick-4 type games, where each number is printed on it's own ticket. The question I am asking here is, when you play Pick-3 or Pick-4 in your state, do you get seperate ticket for each number, or can you get multiple numbers on a single ticket like you can with other games? Here are the states I already know.

Seperate Tickets for each
Multiple Tickets on same

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Maryland

Massachusetts

New York

North Carolina

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Tennessee

Virginia

West Virginia

Missouri 

Nebraska

New Jersey

If you can help me finish the list it would help. Thanks.

(insert signature here)

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
    Member #45970
    September 1, 2006
    4763 Posts
    Posted: April 29, 2007, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Oklahoma Pick-3 is one play per ticket...

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: April 29, 2007, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

I'd rather have single tickets because then I don't have to pay taxes. When I lived in New York, I had to make sure to tell the clerk to print them out seperately, because they came out up to five sets on a ticket.

If someone plays the number 453 five times straight on seperate tix, they won't have to pay taxes on a $2,500.00 win. Here in Florida, I don't have to worry because the p-3 and p-4 come out on single tix. The only problem with Florida is that the machines are on drugs....really slow, atleast compared to NY.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #1303
        March 27, 2003
        1508 Posts
        Posted: April 29, 2007, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

In Wisconsin, for P3/P4 you can have up tto 5 combos/ticket.

For Wisconsin's jp games (Megabucks and Supercash) you can have up to 10 lines per ticket.

For it's Pick 5 game (Badger 5) you can have up to 5 lines per ticket.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1303
          March 27, 2003
          1508 Posts
          Posted: April 29, 2007, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

I'd rather have single tickets because then I don't have to pay taxes. When I lived in New York, I had to make sure to tell the clerk to print them out seperately, because they came out up to five sets on a ticket.

If someone plays the number 453 five times straight on seperate tix, they won't have to pay taxes on a $2,500.00 win. Here in Florida, I don't have to worry because the p-3 and p-4 come out on single tix. The only problem with Florida is that the machines are on drugs....really slow, atleast compared to NY.

I think (assuming) that jimmysand9 is referring to the max amounts of plays per ticket. You can always play one combo per ticket by just filling out one combo per ticket, or asking for separate qps.

I'm just guessing, but I think he's probably  trying to put together some kind of ticket-printing software. If its not that, I have no idea why he would ask the question.

============

United States
            Member #9519
            December 10, 2004
            492 Posts
            Posted: April 29, 2007, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

In Tennessee each p-3 number is a separate ticket.  P-4 numbers are printed in multiples of 5 per ticket.

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: April 29, 2007, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

I think (assuming) that jimmysand9 is referring to the max amounts of plays per ticket. You can always play one combo per ticket by just filling out one combo per ticket, or asking for separate qps.

I'm just guessing, but I think he's probably  trying to put together some kind of ticket-printing software. If its not that, I have no idea why he would ask the question.

He might not be aware of the tax issue part of it. If he thinks that there's no difference in the payout, he wouldn't be able to deviate from the obvious, known to the majority, and all he's doing is asking people about the aesthetic attributes, rather than money issues.

Maybe I'm thinking too hard.....LOL

United States
                Member #1826
                July 11, 2003
                2645 Posts
                Posted: April 29, 2007, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

I'm asking this out of pure curiosity, I'm well aware of all the tax issues.

(insert signature here)

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: April 29, 2007, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I'm asking this out of pure curiosity, I'm well aware of all the tax issues.

I didn't mean anything bad. It's just that a red flag came up through my brain's circuits...LOL

I assumed wrongly.....

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                    Member #14
                    November 9, 2001
                    31337 Posts
                    Posted: April 29, 2007, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

ga. - 1 per ticket

love to nibble those micey feet.

MmeFlorida's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                      south florida
                      United States
                      Member #48616
                      January 3, 2007
                      1497 Posts
                      Posted: April 29, 2007, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

As a former NY'er who plays daily numbers i Florida- I wholeheartedly agree with your post:) especially the part about  the machines being slow

I play $40 worth of daily numbers on average and sometimes more- the people in back of me on line just love me.........

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: April 29, 2007, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

As a former NY'er who plays daily numbers i Florida- I wholeheartedly agree with your post:) especially the part about  the machines being slow

I play $40 worth of daily numbers on average and sometimes more- the people in back of me on line just love me.........

$40 bucks a day atleast...Heck who cares what the people behind you are thinking....Are ya married? (Only females need apply)...

I can almost smell the Jackpot....LOL

There was a true story in New York about a sanitation worker who's wife groaned about his 60 bucks a week habit on the NY lotto. After ten years he finally won 10 mil, and decided to finish working his last 2 years picking up garbage, just to collect his pension.

LOL......

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                          Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5583 Posts
                          Posted: April 29, 2007, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

I think they don't want to start messing with taxes unless it is over a couple thousand on a single pick4 50/50 straight.  It then goes to P5 P6 games where they put multiple lines on those cause the payouts are usually less than several hundred, at least this is the case in MD DC. although DC put multiple P3's on a single tic. but not the P4. jarasanSun Smiley

Wisconsin
                            United States
                            Member #1303
                            March 27, 2003
                            1508 Posts
                            Posted: April 29, 2007, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

ga. - 1 per ticket

Wooooooo...the clerks in the stores must HATE seeing someone come in with like 30 combinations in the Pick 3 !  It's bad enough the looks they give people here when the person has five playslips they have to run through the terminal.  If they had to run thirty through, I think there'd be possible Clerk Violence. LOL !

============

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                              Member #14
                              November 9, 2001
                              31337 Posts
                              Posted: April 29, 2007, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Wooooooo...the clerks in the stores must HATE seeing someone come in with like 30 combinations in the Pick 3 !  It's bad enough the looks they give people here when the person has five playslips they have to run through the terminal.  If they had to run thirty through, I think there'd be possible Clerk Violence. LOL !

Each slip has 5 plays - but each ticket on cash 3 comes out on 1 ticket

love to nibble those micey feet.