Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 2:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is your preferred method for choosing numbers?

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Gentlespirit.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Which one,please?

My own made up system--pencil and paper [ 25 ]  [27.47%]
My own made up software program [ 7 ]  [7.69%]
A purchased software program [ 4 ]  [4.40%]
A mix of my own and other bought or free systems [ 16 ]  [17.58%]
Birthdays/Anniversary's/Special Meaning Numbers [ 3 ]  [3.30%]
Statistical Charts and data [ 10 ]  [10.99%]
Calculator systems [ 4 ]  [4.40%]
Followers/States and dates [ 2 ]  [2.20%]
Dreams/Dream books/Prof. Hitts [ 9 ]  [9.89%]
Gut Feeling [ 11 ]  [12.09%]
Total Valid Votes [ 91 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  

United Kingdom
Member #31295
January 27, 2006
73 Posts
Posted: May 21, 2007, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Rather than a process of inclusion I follow a process of elimination - ie remove numberm that are not expected to occur in the next draw. Eventually I'm left with a core set of numbers that I make my selection from.

hennybogan's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
    McKinney/Texas
    United States
    Member #47363
    November 1, 2006
    706 Posts
    Posted: May 22, 2007, 1:05 am - IP Logged

Just a friendly reminder to everyone. When you win and have to complete an IRS form, the state lottery officials ask you WHAT YOUR METHOD IS. I am leary and hope you are as well of anyone anywhere that wants to know our method, and who is good at picking numbers. You and I will never know who on this forum - or any other - for that matter are state lottery officials. They are not our friends.

Ephesians 3:20

Lkydeb*594's avatar - kissdollarbill
      Luv Vtracs 8-)

United States
      Member #38062
      April 23, 2006
      12656 Posts
      Posted: May 22, 2007, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Just a friendly reminder to everyone. When you win and have to complete an IRS form, the state lottery officials ask you WHAT YOUR METHOD IS. I am leary and hope you are as well of anyone anywhere that wants to know our method, and who is good at picking numbers. You and I will never know who on this forum - or any other - for that matter are state lottery officials. They are not our friends.

that is so true. I am a witness to that. On May 24,1994, my Mom came here & took me to Tallahassee to cash my $30,000 ticket on Fantasy 5. They asked me the same question & my reply was I'll never tell. They do not need to know, it is NOT their business & NOT REQUIRE.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
        nashville
        United States
        Member #49896
        February 18, 2007
        1181 Posts
        Posted: May 22, 2007, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

i never knew that because i have never won more than $5000 so it is good to know ahead of time because most people are so happy to collect a jackpot they will answer a random question like that without thinking...

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
          Norfolk , Va
          United States
          Member #4541
          May 2, 2004
          25173 Posts
          Posted: May 22, 2007, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

Iuse pen and paper since it seems you find something that works for a while then everything changes and you have to go back to the drawing board and find what will work for a while again.

Just the way I do it.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

United States
            Member #4914
            June 3, 2004
            39 Posts
            Posted: May 27, 2007, 1:03 am - IP Logged

i have several different ways.. one is qp's.. sometimes i play numbers from dreams..

or let the numbers jump out at me.. i used to (when i was younger,i know it's silly) write the numbers down on a piece of paper and draw  them out... 

md
              United States
              Member #14047
              April 20, 2005
              580 Posts
              Posted: May 29, 2007, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

Ditto

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5145 Posts
                Posted: May 30, 2007, 3:24 am - IP Logged

Ditto

"QUICK TRICK$"

PartyPartyJack-in-the-BoxParty

Super8's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                  Orlando
                  United States
                  Member #11094
                  February 4, 2005
                  338 Posts
                  Posted: May 30, 2007, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Blackie.  Except, I usually use a pencil (I make a lot of mistakes...changes). Just when you think things are going to turn around, it all goes down the tubes. But I still will not stop trying.  If it wasn't a challenge we wouldn't be here talking.

Maybe "Today's the Day"

Super8

Super8's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Orlando
                    United States
                    Member #11094
                    February 4, 2005
                    338 Posts
                    Posted: May 30, 2007, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

Iuse pen and paper since it seems you find something that works for a while then everything changes and you have to go back to the drawing board and find what will work for a while again.

Just the way I do it.

Should have been with the last post, where's that pencil?

Super8

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10392 Posts
                      Posted: May 31, 2007, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Before coming to LP it was "gut hunches", quick picks, and number from astrology magazines.

Well, the astologoy magazines and Star scrolls are no loinger available around here, gut hunches just don't work for lotto (not for me anyway), and I'm not going to bet $64 on 128 combinations to win $40 and say, "I hit".

After being here a year and a half, I look at last night's pick 5, subtract them all right to left from the max number, 39, add the totals and divide by two.  ( 0 for 547 so far re: payoffs. I forget who posted that one originally, but it just hasn't worked.) So I don't play it anymore, just track it.

Then I'll look at maybe the last 7 or 10  drawings and try to find a trend.

I might even fill out a playslip.

Then I tell the clerk to give me a quick pick.

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                        nashville
                        United States
                        Member #49896
                        February 18, 2007
                        1181 Posts
                        Posted: May 31, 2007, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Before coming to LP it was "gut hunches", quick picks, and number from astrology magazines.

Well, the astologoy magazines and Star scrolls are no loinger available around here, gut hunches just don't work for lotto (not for me anyway), and I'm not going to bet $64 on 128 combinations to win $40 and say, "I hit".

After being here a year and a half, I look at last night's pick 5, subtract them all right to left from the max number, 39, add the totals and divide by two.  ( 0 for 547 so far re: payoffs. I forget who posted that one originally, but it just hasn't worked.) So I don't play it anymore, just track it.

Then I'll look at maybe the last 7 or 10  drawings and try to find a trend.

I might even fill out a playslip.

Then I tell the clerk to give me a quick pick.

Green laugh

HA HA...Jester Laugh.

EAST COAST, USA
                          United States
                          Member #49428
                          January 31, 2007
                          553 Posts
                          Posted: May 31, 2007, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

You're right,I forgot QP's! It's the easiest "system" of all,isn't it?? LOL 

Good point, too bad we can't vote for several options because I'm sure we all use one thing or another at different times.

I Agree!

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: June 1, 2007, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

I just pick up a betslip and a pencil with no eraser, and fill in those little boxes.

That's how I do it. Yeah Baby...Do it Do it Do it...LOL

Banana

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                              Gurnee, Illinois
                              United States
                              Member #49731
                              February 12, 2007
                              919 Posts
                              Posted: June 1, 2007, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Quick Picking is the only way to go...I also use gut feelings as well...I just need to get in the habit of always playing my gut feeling plays...but outside of that I prefer QPs.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!