Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 10:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When you backtest systems..

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 10 years ago by KyMystikal.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How far do you go back in your past results?

1 month [ 16 ]  [37.21%]
2 months [ 1 ]  [2.33%]
3 -5 months [ 5 ]  [11.63%]
6 months [ 4 ]  [9.30%]
7-9 months [ 1 ]  [2.33%]
1 year [ 4 ]  [9.30%]
A year or more [ 12 ]  [27.91%]
Total Valid Votes [ 43 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
joplin
United States
Member #45299
August 17, 2006
151 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2007, 11:41 am - IP Logged

It doesn't seem to make any difference how I back test a system, when I put money on it, the hits go sour. 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: June 4, 2007, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

I backtest as far back as the ballset changes, I don't go back 'forever' because it's irrelevent.

That gives me some data to work with.

Next up as you move forward form those dates is to see if you can find any trends, because they come and go.

The last PB Red ballset change was 3/8/06.  Two numbers have not been hit since the change, and seven numbers have hit only once. Contrast that with nineteen numbers that have hit four times or more since then.

The last White ball ballset change was 8/31/05, at which time they also added #54 and #55 to the matrix. That's another reason you cannot backtest beyond 8/31/05 for the white balls. 

Amarillo/Austin
      United States
      Member #1424
      April 25, 2003
      696 Posts
      Posted: June 4, 2007, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

I test in 10 or 15 different states over a period of time because if it works in one, it will work in all of them.  After all, math doesn't lie.  People who write get-rich-quick books sometimes do. . . .

Orangeman                            Smash

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
        Florence, Alabama
        United States
        Member #8658
        November 13, 2004
        1993 Posts
        Posted: June 11, 2007, 12:52 am - IP Logged

I generally back test for the current year. If I see any type of pattern then I will go back over previous years. When I go back over years I see patterns like certain numbers falling during the same months and numbers fallin during the winter and so forth. Going on that note a double 1 is due in IL midday, double 8 is due IL evening, and double 9 is due Ky evening.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

Florence, Alabama
          United States
          Member #8658
          November 13, 2004
          1993 Posts
          Posted: June 11, 2007, 12:53 am - IP Logged

I generally back test for the current year. If I see any type of pattern then I will go back over previous years. When I go back over years I see patterns like certain numbers falling during the same months and numbers fallin during the winter and so forth. Going on that note a double 1 is due in IL midday, double 8 is due IL evening, and double 9 is due Ky evening.

Also a quad is due in Ky this year. A quad falls every 2 years.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: June 11, 2007, 4:26 am - IP Logged

Also a quad is due in Ky this year. A quad falls every 2 years.

But there is nothing to make a Quad hit in KY this year - or next year, and then having two hit in 2009.  It would still average out to one every two years.  Think outside the box.

Florence, Alabama
              United States
              Member #8658
              November 13, 2004
              1993 Posts
              Posted: July 4, 2007, 1:48 am - IP Logged

But there is nothing to make a Quad hit in KY this year - or next year, and then having two hit in 2009.  It would still average out to one every two years.  Think outside the box.

I don't believe in a certain numbers triggering something to fall. I believe in statistics, for instance a double 4 should fall on the KY midday pick 3 this week and a double 3 will fall on KY evening. A double 7 should fall in IL this month and it could even be 777. I'd play 99 on midday in IL and 66 on evening. While I'm talking about IL on the evening 11 should be a HOT pair it has only been out twice this year on evening and it averages about 20 times a year. In TN 33 is due on midday and 77 is due on evening.

Florence, Alabama
                United States
                Member #8658
                November 13, 2004
                1993 Posts
                Posted: July 4, 2007, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

I don't believe in a certain numbers triggering something to fall. I believe in statistics, for instance a double 4 should fall on the KY midday pick 3 this week and a double 3 will fall on KY evening. A double 7 should fall in IL this month and it could even be 777. I'd play 99 on midday in IL and 66 on evening. While I'm talking about IL on the evening 11 should be a HOT pair it has only been out twice this year on evening and it averages about 20 times a year. In TN 33 is due on midday and 77 is due on evening.

I hope someone listened to me about 99 in IL.

United States
                  Member #10720
                  January 23, 2005
                  933 Posts
                  Posted: July 5, 2007, 10:31 am - IP Logged

As long as the game is relatively the same. It doesn't make sense for example for me to backtest Mega to when there were 52 wb 52 bb, because some of the predictions would be unplayable. It also depends on how often a game is drawn; 6 months is nothing for MM or PB but can be more than enough for daily Pickits. There is no easy way to figure out when trends change.

Thoth's avatar - binary
                    Findlay, Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #4855
                    May 28, 2004
                    400 Posts
                    Posted: July 6, 2007, 12:46 am - IP Logged

I usually backtest a "system" or strategy throughout the entire draw histories of every state that I have (I'm talking Pick-3 here).  Normally, you can calculate the probability of a system hitting before you even start the backtest.  The success rate of every system normaly performs very close to its true overall probability over the long term.  Finding a system that way over performs its probability in every (or most) states would indicate a true odds-breaking system.....so far, I've found none. 

~Probability=Odds in Motion~

Florence, Alabama
                      United States
                      Member #8658
                      November 13, 2004
                      1993 Posts
                      Posted: July 6, 2007, 1:06 am - IP Logged

there's the 77's in TN 7/05 - 977. double 0's are next