Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why you Will Never win Mega or Powerball

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Yukio.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
mississippi
United States
Member #34478
March 3, 2006
5903 Posts
Posted: June 8, 2007, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

This is my Theory..and I hate to keep beating it in the ground..but past few weeks I have put some serious thought in to it..especially since they all share the same numbers..what works for one will work for all..so lets try this theory out...The National Weather Service uses PAST DATA to track and forcast Hurricaines Right?..I think Everyone knows now that if you want to know what is coming look to the past for the best chance of getting what you are looking for..

What would happen if someone broke into the National Weather Services data base and took all their forcasting data..or change the dates up..TAMPERED WITH IT..their data they have now would be useless right?..what about this scenario...Ever play Bingo where you live..I love to play myself..I went to Bingo all the time when I was younger with my mom..actually won a lot of money..DO YOU SEE THEM PRE-TEST THE BALLS BEFORE EVERY BINGO GAME..HELLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOO..like I said those big games are scams..THEY WANT you buy a quick pic..because people who pick their numbers just about HAS NO CHANCE TO WIN..they want you to buy quick pics..they know the only chance anyone has to win IS IF THEY SELL A SH$T load of them and someone just HAPPENS to get the right one..

In Conclusion, Each and every one of you that live in a lottery state should go to the Court house and file a law suit against the State Lotteries for running fixed Games..ANY TIME THEY TAMPER WITH THE numbers it is no longer random..ie..Texas pre-test listed in the forums the other day someone posted..they had 3 tripples come out in the pre-test..HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU THINK Texas made off of that?

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
    Member #48046
    December 7, 2006
    1699 Posts
    Posted: June 8, 2007, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure about this...but,

like psyko says there's always a but

I'm not sure if I want to play a game with "faulty" equipment,

let them test them.    I kinda think I see what your after though

Mabey you've got a thingy, or system, or something that makes you think that the balls are pre-destined to fall at some point in time,              .. which is fine some do some don't.

Think random sometimes... which I guess steers you back to quick-picks.

..... but think randomly when picking your numbers

...anyway I don't think it's rigged

mississippi
      United States
      Member #34478
      March 3, 2006
      5903 Posts
      Posted: June 8, 2007, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

well..I wasnt saying rigged as in.."Heh you come here..play these numbers Saturday nite and we will split the jackpot type rigged".. LOL...I just dont like the fact that they are tampering with the balls..it certainly messes up what I do..I dont even play powerball anyway..or mega millions enough to have a legitimate gripe I suppose..an occasional ticket here and there..good luck the rest of the week..

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

United States
        Member #48046
        December 7, 2006
        1699 Posts
        Posted: June 8, 2007, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

You too,

See you in mad- dogs

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: June 8, 2007, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you and I've discussed this on LP before.  I realize that the Lottery states that the pre-tests are strictly for security purposes, but I don't approve of them.  If they keep changing ballsets and weighing/measuring the balls, then pre-tests should not be necessary to keep the game fair and random.  I mean, even if a ball pops up 3 draws in a row, it doesn't mean the results should be discarded.  I don't think they are tampering with the balls, but I don't like the idea that someone decides whether or not a 6 number combination is questionable either.  I mean, so what?  Even if it turned out that a ball had a teeny, weeny, advantage over another and I won $10 million, does that mean I didn't win it fair & square by buying a ticket?  Just like your Bingo example, when you play poker, is each card carefully measured, weighed and x-rayed and then are several hands dealt so someone can decide if the results are acceptable? 

I don't purchase MM or PB tickets, but our state game has several pre-tests and the results are not published on their website.  I once sent an email and only got "sorry you feel this way" from the Florida Lottery.  I really didn't expect anything more, so at least they responded. 

BTW, I must need reading glasses.  I got on this thread because I thought the title was "Why won't you ever win Mega Powerball?" and I was going to joking write "because I don't buy tickets!!"  LOL

Greenwich, CT
            United States
            Member #4793
            May 24, 2004
            1822 Posts
            Posted: June 8, 2007, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

How can you compare lottery numbers to weather predictions?  Lottery draws are random.  Temperatures are not..they move along predictable patterns in certain seasons and certain climates.

mississippi
              United States
              Member #34478
              March 3, 2006
              5903 Posts
              Posted: June 8, 2007, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

so do numbers....

mississippi
                United States
                Member #34478
                March 3, 2006
                5903 Posts
                Posted: June 8, 2007, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

weather is suppose to be random also I believe..do you know where a weather event will happen tomorrow..such as a lightening strike..do you know where the next gulf hurricaine will make land fall..you cant answer those and it dont matter if the weather man tells you it is going to be 88 degrees tommorrow..actually it may be 87..or 89...87.8567843..etc..etc..numbers are not much different..they take the past traccks of those storms and compare them to the movement it is going now..factor in upper level winds and all that other stuff and try to predict the path it will take next several days..numbers work the same..we look at what has been played..past numbers it came with..etc..etc..etc..and try to predict what will come out by the info WE HAVE..like I said..YOU CANT make an accurate prediction when you dont have all the Info!!!!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                  Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5583 Posts
                  Posted: June 8, 2007, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Yeah that is why global warming is a farce.  The jackpot games I don't expect to even get close but I will at least try a few stabs at them because no ticket, no laundry.  I spend more time on the ones I can get a handle on.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Posted: June 8, 2007, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

It's a game, it may be a farce, it may be a scam, but it's everyone's choice as to if they want to play or not.

I may win some day, but the odds are pretty much that I won't, but I know that, and I still play.

You speak of 3 games that had triples in them - that should tell you how random it is, I've see games with quads in them, and I have seen games with 4 consecutive numbers in them, but the facts are, there are certain tendencies that have 'much' better odds than others, and it's fun to try and outguess the 'system'.

I just don't see the difference between wasting money on this, or wasting money on anything else you may want to do.  It's a choice one makes, but you cannot say nobody will ever win the lottery, because clearly folks do win it.  And as we have said ad nauseum, 70% of the winners are QP's because 70% of the sales are QP's.  I sometimes question that, though, I think the percentage of QP sales is higher than 70%, I'd say 80%, BWDIK ?

United States
                      Member #41383
                      June 16, 2006
                      1969 Posts
                      Posted: June 10, 2007, 4:18 am - IP Logged

Strange: Powerball drawing for 6/9:

FOUR straight games where a number has come from 37 games since it's last hit or longer.

Only once since 5/25/05  have we gone even three games where one of the five numbers was over 30 (old), we have several where we have gone two games in a row with a number over 30, but never four, and not all of those were over 37 of age, but they were over 30.

I would never have expected this, and I didn't play it. One indicator was screaming at me to play WB 25, but three others were not, plus the fact of it being another longshot.....

Now the 'longest shot' out there is #18 at 27 games old. 

I had #7 in a few games, and #32 in two games, that was it.

The more I talk about specific numbers, the more I jinx them: I may do this more often. 

Oh- the PB itself - 22 - this was it's first hit since 2/25/06  something like 134 games since it hit last, and it's the first hit for it since the ballset change (3/8/06). This leaves just one PB number that has not hit since the ballset change - that being 39.  

Strange fact: the last time PB 22 hit, guess which PB number hit in the drawing prior to it ?

Kosmic - see - WB #10 DOES hit once in awhile, I was slated to start playing it in about 2 more drawings. 

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                        Harbinger
                        D.C./MD.
                        United States
                        Member #44103
                        July 30, 2006
                        5583 Posts
                        Posted: June 10, 2007, 10:57 am - IP Logged

It's a game, it may be a farce, it may be a scam, but it's everyone's choice as to if they want to play or not.

I may win some day, but the odds are pretty much that I won't, but I know that, and I still play.

You speak of 3 games that had triples in them - that should tell you how random it is, I've see games with quads in them, and I have seen games with 4 consecutive numbers in them, but the facts are, there are certain tendencies that have 'much' better odds than others, and it's fun to try and outguess the 'system'.

I just don't see the difference between wasting money on this, or wasting money on anything else you may want to do.  It's a choice one makes, but you cannot say nobody will ever win the lottery, because clearly folks do win it.  And as we have said ad nauseum, 70% of the winners are QP's because 70% of the sales are QP's.  I sometimes question that, though, I think the percentage of QP sales is higher than 70%, I'd say 80%, BWDIK ?

Hey guess, I don't think Powerball is farce, global warming is a farce, a thing created by the Al Gore Vidal "Scare the Poop out of Everybody Do as I say not as I Do school" and his minions.  No one, no thing can predict future weather patterns, too many variables and unknowns.

Powerball on the other hand is real and not a scam.  My point is, you gotta play, kinda like, you gotta be outside to experience the weather. I  know you have to buy a least a ticket to be in it, nobody will hit by sitting inside and prognosticating and not wagering at least one line. 

Nothing can predict Powerball either, all you can do is try to get close,  just like we are trying here.  The question I will ask is that with all the predicting that goes on here.  How many are actually played? And how long will it be before someone actually gets a jackpot?

The biggest bummer to me would be a prediction that hits and wasn't actually played, coulda, woulda, shoulda, ad infinitum etc.

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7313 Posts
                          Posted: June 10, 2007, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

weather is suppose to be random also I believe..do you know where a weather event will happen tomorrow..such as a lightening strike..do you know where the next gulf hurricaine will make land fall..you cant answer those and it dont matter if the weather man tells you it is going to be 88 degrees tommorrow..actually it may be 87..or 89...87.8567843..etc..etc..numbers are not much different..they take the past traccks of those storms and compare them to the movement it is going now..factor in upper level winds and all that other stuff and try to predict the path it will take next several days..numbers work the same..we look at what has been played..past numbers it came with..etc..etc..etc..and try to predict what will come out by the info WE HAVE..like I said..YOU CANT make an accurate prediction when you dont have all the Info!!!!

"weather is suppose to be random also I believe..do you know where a weather event will happen tomorrow..such as a lightening strike..do you know where the next gulf hurricaine will make land fall."

We know when conditions are right, hurricanes form in large bodies was water like the Atlantic Ocean, Gulf of Mexico, and the Caribbean Sea and we can predict conditions can become right only certain times of the year; the hurricane season. Hurricanes would be random if they occured when the conditions were much different, other times of the year, or in different locations.

"you cant answer those and it dont matter if the weather man tells you it is going to be 88 degrees tommorrow..actually it may be 87..or 89...87.8567843..etc..etc.."

It's not unusual when a weather man predicts it's going to be 88 and clear and the actual high varies 5 degrees and we see a cloud or two in the sky. But I've never heard that type of forecast and the actual high was 6 below zero, it started snowing and we had a hurricane.

I'm not saying predicting the weather or hurricanes is an exact science but it's much more predictable than lottery games. In every Powerball and Mega Millions drawings the conditions are always right for any one of the millions of combinations to hit.

United States
                            Member #41383
                            June 16, 2006
                            1969 Posts
                            Posted: June 11, 2007, 4:06 am - IP Logged

Hey guess, I don't think Powerball is farce, global warming is a farce, a thing created by the Al Gore Vidal "Scare the Poop out of Everybody Do as I say not as I Do school" and his minions.  No one, no thing can predict future weather patterns, too many variables and unknowns.

Powerball on the other hand is real and not a scam.  My point is, you gotta play, kinda like, you gotta be outside to experience the weather. I  know you have to buy a least a ticket to be in it, nobody will hit by sitting inside and prognosticating and not wagering at least one line. 

Nothing can predict Powerball either, all you can do is try to get close,  just like we are trying here.  The question I will ask is that with all the predicting that goes on here.  How many are actually played? And how long will it be before someone actually gets a jackpot?

The biggest bummer to me would be a prediction that hits and wasn't actually played, coulda, woulda, shoulda, ad infinitum etc.

I never said it WAS a farce or a scam: my implications were in the eyes of others: others may think it is a scam or a farce, and nothing we can say will convince them otherwise, therefore I said 'it MAY be a scam or a farce (in your/others' eyes)'.   Clear as mud ?

Yes, nothing can predict it, I certainly could not predict the last two games for sure, but I am close in some respects: a lot of things I say will happen actually do.

By that I mean I have my 'data' that will create different pools of numbers to choose from, problem is each of those pools has 5-7 numbers, and I gotta pick 1 or 2, from one pool, and one each from 2 other pools, the PB from one pool, and for two of the WB's - dart board. I had a key indicator that, 3 months ago for the prior 12 months was 90% accurate. In the last 3 months it has gone to about 10-15% accurate. I will give it 3 more drawings before I put it on 'ignore' as no longer valid. 

I am not so sure global warming is a farce, I read arguments that go both ways.

Al Gore though, IS a farce. For as 'green' as he claims to be, his home in Tennesee uses 4x more energy than the average house of comparable size. 

United States
                              Member #48046
                              December 7, 2006
                              1699 Posts
                              Posted: June 11, 2007, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

Yo 29,

I love ya baby,  and you've always added thoughtful advise, throughout the forums and stuff.

And your right,  we're all trying to "get close".

As far as predicting....Codmander started a little deal about a week ago, that's yeilded a few positive rsults,  and luckylilly got a little lucky.

But your right  about predicting and not playing, kinda like this, I f I do Mad-Dogs for MM ...... we don't even have that here,  I'm just giving someone a choice,  and if they see something they like, well you know.

Guesser just said only a week ago about overdue Powerballs.

Check out Codmanders thread, see my blog, and keep giving the helpful advise.

and yea,    .... I finally caught my 10