Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why you Will Never win Mega or Powerball

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Yukio.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Brazil
Member #51781
April 24, 2007
384 Posts
Posted: June 11, 2007, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Hey, I think that a person only need to Match 5 White Balls and use the Power Play option to win something. There seems to be even a Match 5 Bonus Prize.

Last PB combination was not that hard to do , sure that It wasn't one of my chosen ones ... 

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
    Member #48046
    December 7, 2006
    1699 Posts
    Posted: June 11, 2007, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

You had the 25,  I can't complain about that.Thumbs Up

Brazil
      Member #51781
      April 24, 2007
      384 Posts
      Posted: June 11, 2007, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

Yes, to bad that I dropped the 32 and 41 ...

8 instead of 7 is a close one, the 7 goes to the 2by2!Embarassed

And of course that the 4 was for Hot Lotto.

Now, I am trying to adjust my numbers. Maybe next time I will match at least one of the combinations for the right game ...  

Brazil
        Member #51781
        April 24, 2007
        384 Posts
        Posted: June 11, 2007, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

Or maybe,What? I just need Glasses.

[Probably, I would do better with glasses or contacts]

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3474 Posts
          Posted: June 11, 2007, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

weather is suppose to be random also I believe..do you know where a weather event will happen tomorrow..such as a lightening strike..do you know where the next gulf hurricaine will make land fall..you cant answer those and it dont matter if the weather man tells you it is going to be 88 degrees tommorrow..actually it may be 87..or 89...87.8567843..etc..etc..numbers are not much different..they take the past traccks of those storms and compare them to the movement it is going now..factor in upper level winds and all that other stuff and try to predict the path it will take next several days..numbers work the same..we look at what has been played..past numbers it came with..etc..etc..etc..and try to predict what will come out by the info WE HAVE..like I said..YOU CANT make an accurate prediction when you dont have all the Info!!!!

Well, of course the weather is random. If it wasn't  random the snowstorms wouldn't be just as likely in the summer as in the winter.  The randomness is also why we can never predict when we'll get days with 14 hours of daylight or when we'll get the ones that only have 8. Which is a bummer, because I wanted to do something outside at 6PM tomorrow, and I have absolutely no idea if if will still be light then.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: June 11, 2007, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Hey, I think that a person only need to Match 5 White Balls and use the Power Play option to win something. There seems to be even a Match 5 Bonus Prize.

Last PB combination was not that hard to do , sure that It wasn't one of my chosen ones ... 

'Not that hard to do....'  LOL

OK, YOU try it........ 

Brazil
              Member #51781
              April 24, 2007
              384 Posts
              Posted: June 16, 2007, 10:46 am - IP Logged

'Not that hard to do....'  LOL

OK, YOU try it........ 

I am without glasses ...Cool

United States
                Member #53163
                June 27, 2007
                20 Posts
                Posted: June 27, 2007, 5:31 am - IP Logged

Logical fallacy here it looks like.

Past data on lottery numbers is pretty much worthless.  The argument may be made that no ball drop is truly random but I believe the lottery's non-computer number generating systems are within reasonable boundaries.  In other words, we can call it random.  Past data on hurricanes?  Even if past data for weather forecasts is modified there are still methods to determining hurricane movement.  A whole pile of scientific models and professionals to tap.

There will not be a useful pattern at all in these types of games. 

"they know the only chance anyone has to win IS IF THEY SELL A SH$T load of them and someone just HAPPENS to get the right one."

It's not just the lottery that should know this, it's the player!  I KNOW I have virtually no chance of winning the jackpot.  Sure, there are lesser prizes I might win.  It's a gamble.  I like gambling.  There.  That's it.  They offer a game, divulge the odds, and we choose to play them or not.  

That's one thing that gets on my nerves.  Lottery a regressive tax?  Baloney.  You choose to participate for that ever so small chance to win it big.  No scam about it.  Also, when they modified their games they made it public.  They didn't just pull a fast one.  Again, player's responsibility.

I think the majority of these calls for litigation are done out of frustration.  A lot of people want to win it big and pay a lot of money thinking that they are significantly increasing their odds.  Gambling can be a vice.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                  Member #41383
                  June 16, 2006
                  1969 Posts
                  Posted: June 27, 2007, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Logical fallacy here it looks like.

Past data on lottery numbers is pretty much worthless.  The argument may be made that no ball drop is truly random but I believe the lottery's non-computer number generating systems are within reasonable boundaries.  In other words, we can call it random.  Past data on hurricanes?  Even if past data for weather forecasts is modified there are still methods to determining hurricane movement.  A whole pile of scientific models and professionals to tap.

There will not be a useful pattern at all in these types of games. 

"they know the only chance anyone has to win IS IF THEY SELL A SH$T load of them and someone just HAPPENS to get the right one."

It's not just the lottery that should know this, it's the player!  I KNOW I have virtually no chance of winning the jackpot.  Sure, there are lesser prizes I might win.  It's a gamble.  I like gambling.  There.  That's it.  They offer a game, divulge the odds, and we choose to play them or not.  

That's one thing that gets on my nerves.  Lottery a regressive tax?  Baloney.  You choose to participate for that ever so small chance to win it big.  No scam about it.  Also, when they modified their games they made it public.  They didn't just pull a fast one.  Again, player's responsibility.

I think the majority of these calls for litigation are done out of frustration.  A lot of people want to win it big and pay a lot of money thinking that they are significantly increasing their odds.  Gambling can be a vice.

I could not have said it better myself.

It's a game - we choose to play it - or not.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #48725
                    January 7, 2007
                    1953 Posts
                    Posted: June 27, 2007, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

I'm glad the lottery exists. The lottery gives the not so financially free people that one(or more, if you buy more) shot(s) to win a lot of money that they wouldn't have normally received outside the lottery. $1 is all it takes. Sure, it's a shot in the dark, but it just might happen. It's happened to others, so it could happen to you.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Brazil
                      Member #51781
                      April 24, 2007
                      384 Posts
                      Posted: June 27, 2007, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

If you want to trade words ...

IQ and 'Fallacy'.

My score on Natural Intelligence would be extraordinary as many people on churches and other enlightened persons. This will include the ability to search the natural environment and naturally processing the data for disasters linked with animals or natural forces. Sometimes, persons are much more reliable than normal computers for  this type of analyzes ...

By the way, if you want to talk about sigma points, in lots of places . "Psychic's" would easily match 3 Standard Deviations , sure that in the logic reasoning ...