Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cashing in tickets ??

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 9 years ago by onenumber.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
Norfolk , Va
United States
Member #4541
May 2, 2004
25088 Posts
Posted: June 12, 2007, 9:23 am - IP Logged

Anyone run into this?

Been trying to cash in a pick 3 ticket for 2 days now. It is a str ticket worth $500. Been to a Super K Mart on Military Highway , A Farm Fresh on Little Creek Rd. , A Kroger supermarket on Little Creek Rd., all of which are big stores.All here in Norfolk Va. I have also tried at a few smaller stores such as convienence stores and gas stations that sell tickets. I have tried at 8 pm and 8 am this morning. Seems none of them have this kind of cash. " I just started my shift or I'm just ending my shift is what I am told. Should I make it a point to find out just when these clerks shift start and end or should I just use this piece of useless paper for other purposes and send the outcome to the VA Lottery commission?

Good Luck today!

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

ToJo76*'s avatar - lottolion2
    Middle GA
    United States
    Member #42874
    July 9, 2006
    3912 Posts
    Posted: June 12, 2007, 10:05 am - IP Logged

Anyone run into this?

Been trying to cash in a pick 3 ticket for 2 days now. It is a str ticket worth $500. Been to a Super K Mart on Military Highway , A Farm Fresh on Little Creek Rd. , A Kroger supermarket on Little Creek Rd., all of which are big stores.All here in Norfolk Va. I have also tried at a few smaller stores such as convienence stores and gas stations that sell tickets. I have tried at 8 pm and 8 am this morning. Seems none of them have this kind of cash. " I just started my shift or I'm just ending my shift is what I am told. Should I make it a point to find out just when these clerks shift start and end or should I just use this piece of useless paper for other purposes and send the outcome to the VA Lottery commission?

Good Luck today!

Not sure how things work in VA but I would keep trying.  I try to never cash my winnings with the GA Lottery offices unless I absolutely have to.  I've noticed that you have better success cashing the tickets in at a small no-name store.  If they're in the right location, the prime times to cash in are just after the lunch hours (about 1 or 2 pm) and in the evening about 6pm or 7pm.  The bigger stores are constantly counting down their money and getting it ready for the vault or the armored car or the bank so that's probably another factor.  The smaller stores usually only have 1 or 2 people working and more than likely none of them have had the opportunity to go the bank and make a deposit so they will probably have the cash on hand.

Hope this helps.  Congrats on your win!

Happily embracing my abundance daily! Big Smile

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
      Norfolk , Va
      United States
      Member #4541
      May 2, 2004
      25088 Posts
      Posted: June 12, 2007, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Thanks ToJo. I suppose it's the timing. I'll try later in the day before the sun sets.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: June 12, 2007, 10:18 am - IP Logged

Find one that sells A LOT OF GAS, they are sure to have that kind of cash.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1303
          March 27, 2003
          1508 Posts
          Posted: June 12, 2007, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Anyone run into this?

Good Luck today!

That's ridiculous !  I've never had a problem at the supermarkets up here cashing that amount. The clerks you're talking to are lazy. All they have to do is go to the store office, and have the manager take that amount of cash out of the safe ! Any supermarket that doesn't have $500 of cash in their safe doesn't know what they're doing !

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

SlingKing's avatar - Crown
            Bullhead City Az
            United States
            Member #49777
            February 13, 2007
            24 Posts
            Posted: June 12, 2007, 10:21 am - IP Logged

You know kroger has the cash, they just don't want to deal with it.

I had a situation where the clerk at a circle k went ahead and processed the ticket, then told me he didn't have the cash to pay it and would have to give me a money order. I didn't want a money order, i wanted cash as promised by the lottery. I yelled enough to where the manager on that shift made me wait around until they collected enough to pay me.  

One time, a thing occurred to me... Whats real, and whats for sale?

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8359 Posts
              Posted: June 12, 2007, 11:51 am - IP Logged

I'd try a package goods liquor store they seem to always have cash on hand.

Coastal Georgia
                United States
                Member #2653
                October 30, 2003
                1866 Posts
                Posted: June 12, 2007, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

Guesser is right- find a store that sells lots of gas.

Heck, $500.00 is only 4 or 5 fill ups for SUV's....

Good luck !

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
                  Member #4121
                  March 23, 2004
                  817 Posts
                  Posted: June 12, 2007, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

Try checkcash place that sells lotto tickets. They always have cash.  I had the same problems.  Waiting and waiting.  They say come back at night, then sorry comeback in the morning.  Not many stores have that much cash. 

ft pierce,fla
                    United States
                    Member #30785
                    January 21, 2006
                    2089 Posts
                    Posted: June 12, 2007, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

find a small owner operator convience store...they will be happy to cash it...the store gets

3 percent commission from the state lottery  board for all payouts...

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                      Florence, Alabama
                      United States
                      Member #8658
                      November 13, 2004
                      1993 Posts
                      Posted: June 12, 2007, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

In KY all places that sell lottery tickets are supposed to cash up to $600. and there are certain stores that are cashing agents. They can cash up to $5,000. I usually go to them because they always have the cash except for if a trip or quad falls. When that happens they usually will tell me a time to come back because by then they would have collected enough money to pay out.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

onenumber's avatar - swordgirl
                        Chicago, IL
                        United States
                        Member #8354
                        November 2, 2004
                        1580 Posts
                        Posted: June 12, 2007, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Blackie,

I had the same problem with a ticket worth $290 here in IL.  I had to go to 5 places before I finally got it cashed and guess where?... a liquor store.  It is my understanding with the gas stations is that lottery money is separate from gas money and they can't pay you from the gas money.  One gas station (BP) told me they could only cash up to $50, period.  I wrote the lottery people about that one.  You might try asking them when would be the best time to cash a ticket of that amount.  Hopefully, they'll have a good answer.  Good Luck.

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
                          Stone Mountain, GA
                          United States
                          Member #3189
                          January 1, 2004
                          28231 Posts
                          Posted: June 12, 2007, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

I'd try a package goods liquor store they seem to always have cash on hand.

I Agree!

I've never had a problem with up to $500 at a package store.

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7295 Posts
                            Posted: June 12, 2007, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

That's ridiculous !  I've never had a problem at the supermarkets up here cashing that amount. The clerks you're talking to are lazy. All they have to do is go to the store office, and have the manager take that amount of cash out of the safe ! Any supermarket that doesn't have $500 of cash in their safe doesn't know what they're doing !

A similar thing happened to me at the store where I regularly buy my tickets in the evening when I tried to cash them the next morning. A clerk I've never seen before said she couldn't cash it so I asked her to call the manager and the manager told her to pay me.

In most supermarkets if they don't have enough money in the drawer, they get it out of the safe so this clerk probably decided instead of having to go to the safe after paying me to just say she didn't have the money. If it was a store procedure to call the manager before paying out more than $500 then she should have called the manager when I tried to cash it. I'm betting the clerk either woke up on the wrong side of the bed or is just plan lazy.

It's hard to get good help.

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7295 Posts
                              Posted: June 12, 2007, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

In KY all places that sell lottery tickets are supposed to cash up to $600. and there are certain stores that are cashing agents. They can cash up to $5,000. I usually go to them because they always have the cash except for if a trip or quad falls. When that happens they usually will tell me a time to come back because by then they would have collected enough money to pay out.

That's smart business!

Every town that has multiple lottery terminals should have one store designated as a cashing agent so winners can get paid without being hassled by clerks that believe it's their money. That would help to eliminate clerks trying to short change winners or their store too.