Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Where would you stay the first night after claiming Jackpot?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 9 years ago by dream200.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10350 Posts
Posted: June 13, 2007, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

Granted to each his or her own but I don't understand the desire to go to Vegas after winning a lotto jackpot. 

No matter what you play in Vegas, even a progressive slot, you're not going to come near touching a decent lottery jackpot.  

The point of playing in Vegas is to pick up some extra bucks hopefully, no? If you win a jackpot what is relative chump change winnings going to do for you?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
    Member #26330
    November 16, 2005
    330 Posts
    Posted: June 13, 2007, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

Mabey I could explain the draw of Las Vegas Coin Toss.  I enjoy going there and part of the fun to me is gambling a few bucks trying win a small chunk of change.  But,  in my mind people who win a jackpot want to start a new exciting life to replace the boring work-a-day life they've had.  Las Vegas is a very exciting city.  24 hours a day you can find people around.  There is a restaurant to suite just about every taste(including the good buffet) and many upscale restaurants.  There are all kinds of entertainment  from shows to clubs,  magic shows and music concerts.  Also many night clubs.  All of these things and gambling are what make vegas a truely exciting and great vacation to me.  I however wouldn't go right after a lottery win for many reasons.  Too many people to notice you, too over stimulating ( I just won a huge jackpot I would want to go somewhere calm to relax, collect my thoughts, and reflect. )  Mabey the beach!!Cool

TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
      california
      United States
      Member #23475
      October 13, 2005
      659 Posts
      Posted: June 13, 2007, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

This is a question I really hadn't thought about.  We don't have any real nice hotels here where a person would feel comfortable living.  So I'd spend the weeks between the time I presented the ticket and the time I got the money still living in my house getting rid of all my krap, probably just give most of it away on Freecycle or CraigsList.  Then as soon as I got my money, I'd move into one of those furnished apartments geared towards executive travelers.  I can't remember what they're called, but they are completely furnished down to the towels and kitchen stuff.  I've seen one advertised here that looks really nice.

I'd stay there probably a month or two until I closed on my house with 1/2 acre or more which I'd have been shopping for from the minute I saw those numbers on my winning ticket.  Oh, I'd have to stay in the apartment while the house was being painted, furnished and decorated, too.  I hear that can sometimes take a month or two.

It's tempting to say I'd be off traveling Europe or something, but there's so much that needs to be done!   During that time period I'd also be arranging to have my house demolished in order to build something that will really annoy the neighbors who've spent the last 10 years doing everything they can to annoy me.  LOL  I'd be stuck here for awhile just getting all that taken care of.  For me, it looks like the freedom money buys wouldn't come for at least 4 - 6 months.

Um, what was the question again?  I think I got off track.  Crazy

I laffed out loud at the part about your annoying neighbors.  Why don't you try what I did, write them a letter and maybe they will move out like my did, yippee, hee hee, ha ha ha ha!!!

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
        Member #50124
        February 26, 2007
        601 Posts
        Posted: June 13, 2007, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

I laffed out loud at the part about your annoying neighbors.  Why don't you try what I did, write them a letter and maybe they will move out like my did, yippee, hee hee, ha ha ha ha!!!

Ummm, what did your letter say???  I'll try it, I'd try anything at this point.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10350 Posts
          Posted: June 13, 2007, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

petergrfn

Ah, I woprked in Vegas in the business from 1977 to 1993, I caught the very tail end of the days of "The Outfit" and saw the beginning of the whole town going corporate.

What you described in your post about Vegas lasts maybe five years for people who move there, or is just for tourists.

Personally, I can't see how winning a jackpot and going to Vegas immediately would benefit any one.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Brazil
            Member #51781
            April 24, 2007
            384 Posts
            Posted: June 13, 2007, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

Very nice topic.

It is something to wonder about!

United States
              Member #52552
              May 29, 2007
              55 Posts
              Posted: June 13, 2007, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

I'd stay right at home with Mary Lou right beside my shotgun. LoL!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5120 Posts
                Posted: June 14, 2007, 12:34 am - IP Logged

I'd have to move the van upriver a bit. 

to the:

"PARICE Hilton"

just.......LUV.........the "CUB's" $$$$

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Westerose
                  Canada
                  Member #52915
                  June 15, 2007
                  189 Posts
                  Posted: June 15, 2007, 2:32 am - IP Logged

Since we have alot of animals and our place is very hard to find without a physical address that is accessible to the general public......  most likely at my home.

china
                    United States
                    Member #50326
                    March 3, 2007
                    33 Posts
                    Posted: June 21, 2007, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

At a very nice hotel