Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Feedup? Contact your state lottery

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 9 years ago by justxploring.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coastal Georgia
United States
Member #2653
October 30, 2003
1866 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2007, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Hey, you can dress up a pig and put lipstick on it, but it's still a pig.

United States
    Member #34266
    March 1, 2006
    188 Posts
    Posted: June 22, 2007, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

My lottery consumption is  less than last year.  The odds are a contributing factor, also  the majority of winners in NY, are  in NYC, numerous second place  MM winners are in NYC, in fact two MM jackpots were won in NYC.  The NY Lotto which has a pari-mutual second place prize, and the jackpot  are consistently  being won in  NYC.  Everytime I see a winner in NYC,  its just another nail in the lottery coffin.    I love playing the lottery, lottery stories, I can't get enough of it.  I love the dream of winning.  The truth is,  playing the lottery is the equivalent of digging a hole in my back yard  and throwing money into it. 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10344 Posts
      Posted: June 22, 2007, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

"That's like putting perfume on a pig"

Rowdy Roddy Piper in They Live (great flik) 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7295 Posts
        Posted: June 22, 2007, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

That doesn't surprise me, people keep saying they would like to see more people share the wealth but when it means smaller prizes for more players, they lose interest.  Twenty-four players winning $1K to $3K and one winning $50K is not as interesting as six players winning $5K to $10K and one winning $50K.

I saw the notice on their website but they are still taking applications for guess hosts for the "Make Me Famous Make Me Rich" show.  I wonder if they are planning to have both?

Apparently the buildup for the guest host lasted longer than the show. If they bring back the last two hosts of Cash Explosion who seemed to be pushing each other out of the way to get more on camera time, there won't be any room for a guest host.

I haven't talked to anybody that played Make Me Famous Make Me Rich or sent in "ENTRY" tickets so I don't know if they printed more of them because they had more contestants. With free tickets on other scratch-off games at least they get a chance to still win something, but when they send in many "ENTRY" tickets and don't get picked, it's a waste of time and money so they stopped playing.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: June 22, 2007, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

"That's like putting perfume on a pig"

Rowdy Roddy Piper in They Live (great flik) 

I like pigs.  They're supposed to make good pets.  I've heard they are very intelligent too.  I once had a pig as a pet.  He was funny.  A real ham.  I only had him for a short time, because he wouldn't eat kosher food.