Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

have you ever had someone thank you for using your picks and winning?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2007, 7:25 am - IP Logged

i had someone recently who hit for 5,000 dollars on a pick 4 straight using my numbers.they offered to send me something but i politely declined.you won and its yours and i'm happy for you.made me feel very good though knowing i helped someone.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
    nashville
    United States
    Member #49896
    February 18, 2007
    1181 Posts
    Posted: June 22, 2007, 11:09 am - IP Logged

i had someone recently who hit for 5,000 dollars on a pick 4 straight using my numbers.they offered to send me something but i politely declined.you won and its yours and i'm happy for you.made me feel very good though knowing i helped someone.

good job on that prediction for them mike. that was nice of you to decline because some people would want a cut.

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
      Member #28409
      December 15, 2005
      1198 Posts
      Posted: June 22, 2007, 11:45 am - IP Logged

I had one guy thank me for a prediction I made on here. They got over 2,000 dollars for a straight hit using my predictions.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

United States
        Member #10438
        January 13, 2005
        431 Posts
        Posted: June 22, 2007, 11:47 am - IP Logged

good job on that prediction for them mike. that was nice of you to decline because some people would want a cut.

want no... but certainly would'nt decline a nice gesture like that... would have to be a mighty jack 5k  is kinda well skimpy.. and was very nice of someone to offer it on a small jack like that.... 5 million heck yea you can throw me 10k for helpin ,because they probly wouldnt miss it anyway  certainly wouldnt ask for it .........but wouldnt turn it down either,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol  anyhow I'm in such a slump noone better play my picksWink

flushing
          United States
          Member #4087
          March 21, 2004
          4156 Posts
          Posted: June 22, 2007, 11:54 am - IP Logged

your a good man mike and show great integrity.bud1

Coastal Georgia
            United States
            Member #2653
            October 30, 2003
            1866 Posts
            Posted: June 22, 2007, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Bravo Mike !!!

You da man !!!!!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: June 22, 2007, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

Mike, congrats.  Good for you!  Confused a bit, however. Did you also play those numbers and win?  If not, why not take a gift?  Thread on "what would you do if you found a winning ticket that was signed" had comments from people who said they'd gladly accept a gift if it was offered. So what's the difference since we're talking about integrity.  If someone won $5,000 and said "here's $500 for helping me" I'd probably take it.  (unless I thought it was a "sting operation" lol)  Depends on my financial situation at the time I suppose, but it's not as if you are running a business & charging for these services. 

This brings up a whole other subject, since there are plenty of people who sell books and other gambling tools.  So are they cheating people who buy their books or take their advice because they make a profit?  The only reason I'm writing this is that I do the same thing. I've often turned down gifts or money when it's offered.  I can't tell you the amount times I found a pet and took care of it until I located the owner.  I used to always turn down the money, because I don't do good deeds for a reward. But some of these people were rich and just wanted to show their appreciation. This is their way of saying "Thank you for helping me."  Last year just the opposite happened and I was surprised she didn't at least offer to pay for the visit to the vet, so maybe that makes me a hypocrite. 

This probably belongs on a blog, because I'm going a little off the topic, although I really believe it's related.  You've posted on other threads that you earn $350 a week at your job and support a girlfriend and 2 babies.  So, to me, 10% of $5,000 would be a nice bonus and buy a lot of groceries.  If someone wants to give you a few dollars, why is it wrong to turn it down? 

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7297 Posts
                Posted: June 22, 2007, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

I think this is a combination of two very nice gestures!

Fibonacci's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  New York, NY
                  United States
                  Member #39471
                  May 16, 2006
                  2696 Posts
                  Posted: June 22, 2007, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

That bogus $1000 bill. is that what they promised to send you? Now onder you "politely declined."

Just kidding. I respect yr decision to decline but I wouldn't ask, but if offered--and i have been--I would (and I have) gladly accepted. 

$$$

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                    Member #14
                    November 9, 2001
                    31343 Posts
                    Posted: June 22, 2007, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

There's joy in giving.  Believe me.

love to nibble those micey feet.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19817 Posts
                      Posted: June 22, 2007, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

I once had someone PM me about losing money playing my predictions and I assume there were others who lost money too but were kind enough to keep it to themselves. 

It's kind of people to tell a member when they won playing their predictions but predictors got to know it was more luck than their numbers because if their predictions were that good they would be playing them and winning too.

When my predictions do good and I didn't think they were worth playing, I get bragging rights and that's good enough for me.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                        Member #50124
                        February 26, 2007
                        601 Posts
                        Posted: June 22, 2007, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  When I offer something, it makes me feel really good when they gracefully accept.

Some metaphysical folks claim that you should always accept a gift/offering even if you can't use it, because it's the universe offering it to you.  If you turn down gifts from the universe, they will stop being offered.  If it's something you don't want or can't use, accept it gracefully, make the giver feel good, then find someone who can use it to give it  to and make them feel good also.

Fibonacci's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                          New York, NY
                          United States
                          Member #39471
                          May 16, 2006
                          2696 Posts
                          Posted: June 22, 2007, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Amen. It is more blessed to give than to receive. Your generous spirit is never forgotten Emily. A 1000 fold blessings be upon you and all thosw ho practice this divine principle.

$$$

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                            FEMA Region V Camp #21
                            United States
                            Member #520
                            July 27, 2002
                            5699 Posts
                            Posted: June 22, 2007, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  When I offer something, it makes me feel really good when they gracefully accept.

Some metaphysical folks claim that you should always accept a gift/offering even if you can't use it, because it's the universe offering it to you.  If you turn down gifts from the universe, they will stop being offered.  If it's something you don't want or can't use, accept it gracefully, make the giver feel good, then find someone who can use it to give it  to and make them feel good also.

Consider it this way.  Mike gave the original "gift" of the prediction.  He wasn't expecting nor does he want repayment for the gift.

It was an extremely nice gesture from the person to offer a gift in return and it was also a nice gesture for Mike to politely decline it.  I would have done what Mike did.  No harm, no foul.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8360 Posts
                              Posted: June 22, 2007, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

I've had people thank me many times. I also would never take money from someone who won with the picks i posted.