Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Exactly What Kind of Professionals Do I Need?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 9 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
Member #50124
February 26, 2007
601 Posts
Posted: July 1, 2007, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

Other than a psychiatrist.  That's a given.  Crazy

I'm gearing up to win the Powerball before July is ended.  I don't have alot of experience (okay, no experience) with attorneys or with money peeps.

I need an attorney to do stuff like contact the lottery and find out if I change my name before claiming the jackpot, will they release only the new name, or will they be obliged to release all names I've used in the past X months.  (We only have 6 months to claim prizes here.)  And when I do finally go to the lottery headquarters, I need someone to make sure I get in and out without being photographed by the lottery or by news crews.  Going thru the yellow pages, there are dozens of specialties.  Which kind would be the best to handle this for me?

Same with money peeps.  Would it be best to contact a tax attorney?  A CPA?   An investment counselor?

Also, once I've decided on the type of people I need to contact, what do I need to watch out for when looking for the right one?  What questions do I need to ask? 

JAP69's avatar - alas
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #6
    November 4, 2001
    8790 Posts
    Posted: July 1, 2007, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

With that kind of money involved the first question I would ask of these professionals isssss.

How much are you going to charge.

They see that kind of money they are going to get Shifty

WHATT

JAP69's avatar - alas
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #6
      November 4, 2001
      8790 Posts
      Posted: July 1, 2007, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

Take a couple of body guards with you when you meet these professional.

Big burly guys in black suits. ROFL

WHATT

JAP69's avatar - alas
        South Carolina
        United States
        Member #6
        November 4, 2001
        8790 Posts
        Posted: July 1, 2007, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

on a serious note now.

When hiring a financial advisor and investor for your funds I would do a thorough background check and his investment track record before I hired them.

We just had an investor of other peoples funds in our area brought up on charges recently.
        One investor is out multi millions on the investor.

One bad apple in the spotlight makes you cautious of them all.

WHATT

United States
          Member #34266
          March 1, 2006
          188 Posts
          Posted: July 1, 2007, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

Certified Public Accountant, tax and estate lawyers, and Berkshire Hathaway Investment company. 

United States
            Member #50124
            February 26, 2007
            601 Posts
            Posted: July 1, 2007, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

Certified Public Accountant, tax and estate lawyers, and Berkshire Hathaway Investment company. 

I had to google to find that Berkshire Hathaway is a Warren Buffet company.  Guess if it works for him, I should be happy with it.  And I found that See's candy is a subsidiary.  Who knew?

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: July 1, 2007, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

A carpet cleaning tech, A dry cleaner, sky writer, and a pest conrtol tech.

United States
                Member #50124
                February 26, 2007
                601 Posts
                Posted: July 1, 2007, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

A carpet cleaning tech, A dry cleaner, sky writer, and a pest conrtol tech.

If it turns out I can't claim anonymously, I'll definitely take your advice on that pest control tech.  Cool

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19816 Posts
                  Posted: July 1, 2007, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

"I'm gearing up to win the Powerball before July is ended.  I don't have alot of experience (okay, no experience)"

If you find a professional that can help you do that, let the rest of us know.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #50124
                    February 26, 2007
                    601 Posts
                    Posted: July 1, 2007, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

"I'm gearing up to win the Powerball before July is ended.  I don't have alot of experience (okay, no experience)"

If you find a professional that can help you do that, let the rest of us know.

Maybe I'd just have to run down to the Gold's Gym that Brad Duke works at and ask him.  You think he'd be honest with me?

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                      nashville
                      United States
                      Member #49896
                      February 18, 2007
                      1181 Posts
                      Posted: July 1, 2007, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

Maybe I'd just have to run down to the Gold's Gym that Brad Duke works at and ask him.  You think he'd be honest with me?

he would be so happy you knew who he was he might answer any questions you have. he wants to be a billionaire so if he can also help you with advice or if he can get you to invest your money with his then he will have something else to brag about and call the papers for another interview. some people said they would email oprah for advice but im sure she gets questions about investments everyday.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                        Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #48725
                        January 7, 2007
                        1953 Posts
                        Posted: July 1, 2007, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

Other than a psychiatrist.  That's a given.  Crazy

I'm gearing up to win the Powerball before July is ended.  I don't have alot of experience (okay, no experience) with attorneys or with money peeps.

I need an attorney to do stuff like contact the lottery and find out if I change my name before claiming the jackpot, will they release only the new name, or will they be obliged to release all names I've used in the past X months.  (We only have 6 months to claim prizes here.)  And when I do finally go to the lottery headquarters, I need someone to make sure I get in and out without being photographed by the lottery or by news crews.  Going thru the yellow pages, there are dozens of specialties.  Which kind would be the best to handle this for me?

Same with money peeps.  Would it be best to contact a tax attorney?  A CPA?   An investment counselor?

Also, once I've decided on the type of people I need to contact, what do I need to watch out for when looking for the right one?  What questions do I need to ask? 

I'm not sure if it says the same on your state's tickets, but on the back of Hoosier Lottery tickets it states:

"The holder of this ticket agrees to participate in interviews with Hoosier Lottery public relations personnel And the media and grants permission to use his/her name, photograph, comments and image in Lottery sponsored advertising and promotions".

You can't claim the prize without signing the ticket, and if you sign the ticket, you are subject to the agreement(whatever it might be for your state).

Gonna win.Big Smile

United States
                          Member #50124
                          February 26, 2007
                          601 Posts
                          Posted: July 1, 2007, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure if it says the same on your state's tickets, but on the back of Hoosier Lottery tickets it states:

"The holder of this ticket agrees to participate in interviews with Hoosier Lottery public relations personnel And the media and grants permission to use his/her name, photograph, comments and image in Lottery sponsored advertising and promotions".

You can't claim the prize without signing the ticket, and if you sign the ticket, you are subject to the agreement(whatever it might be for your state).

Nope, not required in this state.  It doesn't say that on the back of tickets, plus Brad Duke didn't do one.  He ducked the local press when he claimed his prize, and did all his press on national shows without the Idaho Lottery involved.

Westerose
                            Canada
                            Member #52915
                            June 15, 2007
                            189 Posts
                            Posted: July 1, 2007, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

attorny, tax advisor first off whilst claiming the prize. then a financial planner and accoutant, all of whom need to be checked for their rep and past.

Depending on the size of the win for a time you will need a good security company...

If you win big and it's made public then Also you may need a good personal assistant for a time to filter people away from you... but you need to make sure of this person's credentials most of all. Hire them through a agency that specializes in this type of service and offers BONDED employees...  you might need to spend 50k or more for this service per year... but in some cases it would be essential for your own security and peace of mind.... especially when filtering your mail from all the requests.....

there are people and thousands of them that do nothing in life  but locate lottery winners trying to get money. A  PA can make sure you don't have deal with the added mail and knocks on the door. Simply give them a list of who you want contact with...    if ya don't know who would be on that list then ya have bigger problems no one can help you with lol

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19816 Posts
                              Posted: July 2, 2007, 11:05 am - IP Logged

".... especially when filtering your mail from all the requests.....

there are people and thousands of them that do nothing in life  but locate lottery winners trying to get money."

What make you think a lottery winner has to start filtering his mail differently than before he won a lottery.  If they're just requests for money, do what you've always done and throw them into the trash.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking