Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

You win a jackpot and have to appear at a press conference

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 9 years ago by tnlotto1.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10353 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2007, 12:26 am - IP Logged

You win a jackpot, it's in a non-anonymous state, and you have to appear at a press conference.

But (just for fun), you can come disguised.

What's your disguise?  Masks are allowed but think of one with masks not allowed, too.

Have fun.

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Westerose
    Canada
    Member #52915
    June 15, 2007
    189 Posts
    Posted: July 3, 2007, 1:23 am - IP Logged

Since when my wife and I do go out were basically dress as we use to in our Punk and Goth Days.... us dressing normal would be wearing a disguise..lol

quite different from the way we now dress on the farm on a daily basis.....  pretty hard to wear frock coats and pointy boots when cleaning a sheep pen lol

But I think if I was going in disguise I would either dress redneckish or hiphopish and totally play into either character......              redneck I would be all about not changing and keeping my job and hiphopish I would be all about bling bling and livin' large..... either way it would p*ss off those at home who didn't win.... can't please everyone or anyone when you in the lottery

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
      Mcminnville, Oregon
      United States
      Member #3013
      December 13, 2003
      3052 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2007, 4:48 am - IP Logged

In Oregon their is no anonymity for lottery winners.  But you do have the right to refuse the press conference.  The lottery only has to reveal the location of the win and the winners name.-weshar75

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2007, 5:03 am - IP Logged

Groucho Marx. 

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty."

SirMetro's avatar - center
          East of Atlanta
          United States
          Member #6191
          August 11, 2004
          1389 Posts
          Posted: July 3, 2007, 8:36 am - IP Logged

Count Dracula

cause he dress's to a "T" and looks good while being a bad guy. Although, if I had blue eyes, I wouldn't  mind trying to look like John Travolta. Unfortunantely, according to a few of my coworkers, I look more like the older fat Elvis.

Oh well, have fun folks

Sir Metro

(yeah...he did it his way)

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
            nashville
            United States
            Member #49896
            February 18, 2007
            1181 Posts
            Posted: July 3, 2007, 11:17 am - IP Logged

i thought about spiderman or batman but probably spiderman since that was the most recent one to release a movie...

California
              United States
              Member #46824
              October 1, 2006
              270 Posts
              Posted: July 3, 2007, 11:57 am - IP Logged

The Invisible Man!!!!

Coastal Georgia
                United States
                Member #2653
                October 30, 2003
                1866 Posts
                Posted: July 3, 2007, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

I'd be Hank Hill and tell everyone I'm buying Strickland Propane.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                  PA
                  United States
                  Member #22983
                  October 6, 2005
                  2226 Posts
                  Posted: July 3, 2007, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

I would appear as myself, that way they will assume it is a disguise, and forget about it.

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: July 3, 2007, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

I'd spend a good amount of money looking like the caveman in those Geico commercials.

The first thing I would say is..."It's so easy, even a caveman can win"...lol

caveman         

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                      Member #50124
                      February 26, 2007
                      601 Posts
                      Posted: July 3, 2007, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Y'know how everybody's always talking about how winners should be allowed to remain anonymous no matter where they live? 

Anybody brave enough to take a bullet for the cause?  Evil Looking

Show up without having showered, shaved, brushed your teeth, or combed your hair for a week.  Wear the same clothes you slept in which should be dirty.  Spit chaw every 5 seconds, have bad aim and occasionally and hit a lottery official.  No matter what question the press asks you, tell them what rotten SOBs the lottery officials are, how they're rude, condescending, and treat you like crap.  Accuse them of everything you can get away with without being sued.   Do your research, and if there's a lottery official who worked in another capacity for the local or state govt, confront him/her about how bad of a job they did, how they're the cause of the entire state going to hell in a handbasket.  When the press asks particularly inane questions, yell at them, ask why they're not doing something important like working for world peace or exposing all the graft and corruption in this &*@ state.  In other words, just make the entire news conference an absolute nightmare for them.

Think they'd get gunshy after the 2nd or 3rd winner who did that, and decide requiring the winner be identified isn't such a great idea?  Prolly not, huh.  Razz

Delaware
                        United States
                        Member #30273
                        January 14, 2006
                        494 Posts
                        Posted: July 3, 2007, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Y'know how everybody's always talking about how winners should be allowed to remain anonymous no matter where they live? 

Anybody brave enough to take a bullet for the cause?  Evil Looking

Show up without having showered, shaved, brushed your teeth, or combed your hair for a week.  Wear the same clothes you slept in which should be dirty.  Spit chaw every 5 seconds, have bad aim and occasionally and hit a lottery official.  No matter what question the press asks you, tell them what rotten SOBs the lottery officials are, how they're rude, condescending, and treat you like crap.  Accuse them of everything you can get away with without being sued.   Do your research, and if there's a lottery official who worked in another capacity for the local or state govt, confront him/her about how bad of a job they did, how they're the cause of the entire state going to hell in a handbasket.  When the press asks particularly inane questions, yell at them, ask why they're not doing something important like working for world peace or exposing all the graft and corruption in this &*@ state.  In other words, just make the entire news conference an absolute nightmare for them.

Think they'd get gunshy after the 2nd or 3rd winner who did that, and decide requiring the winner be identified isn't such a great idea?  Prolly not, huh.  Razz

I've often said that if I win and have to do a press conference I'd tell the press something "colorful" everytime they ask a question. Start with something like "none of your business" and work up from there. Let's see how far before they cut it.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                          Beautiful Florida
                          United States
                          Member #5709
                          July 18, 2004
                          20119 Posts
                          Posted: July 3, 2007, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

pucker

The way I figure, If I go disguised as this I'll be able to take the money and run....!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10353 Posts
                            Posted: July 3, 2007, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

The Invisible Man!!!!

Excellent!

OK, I ws thinking, whatever you are, how ever you normally dress, go opposite. If you hate the Yankes, wear a Yankee hat. If you're normally grunge, get all dressed up, and vice versa.

Do that so people who know you that saw "the guy" or "the girl" up there with the lotto officals being handed the big promo check would say, "Naw, that wasn't him (or her). They'd never wear a Yankee hat, that's for sure".

Wink

PS

Maybe even do something liike hire a Hollywood make up and wardrboe artist to make you look just like Hillary Clinton or edwards, so when they ask for campaign contributioins, even their own supporters would be thinking, "Yeah, right, they win $ _ _ _  million and still want campaign contributions."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5122 Posts
                              Posted: July 4, 2007, 12:27 am - IP Logged

You win a jackpot, it's in a non-anonymous state, and you have to appear at a press conference.

But (just for fun), you can come disguised.

What's your disguise?  Masks are allowed but think of one with masks not allowed, too.

Have fun.

Wink

Coin Toss

this won is easy>>>>>>>>>>>>

cause no>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

on lp knows..................Jack-in-the-Box??????????????????

ODK >>>>>>PartyParty

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????