Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 11:43 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A Very Big Mistake In Tx

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 10 years ago by KyMystikal.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Ms5PennieGen's avatar - aeonflux
Texas
United States
Member #5816
July 23, 2004
4355 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2007, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

My brother-in-law waits until 15 minutes before draw-break to get a quick pick and his numbers. After looking at his qp he decided to pull a few numbers to play. Not knowing what he was doing, he decided to play a little extra on two numbers 708 and 509. He played those two 5.00 combo not knowing that 5.00 combo =5.00 times each six ways which was 30.00 for each number. Needless to say that was going to be 60.00 total for those two numbers. By this time it is 12:12pm and draw break is 12:14 and there are people in line looking at what is going on. The cashier voids those tickets. Brother-in-law gives him another playslip and the cashier gets the slips mixed up and put the 5.00 combo playslip back in the machine plus the other playslip. By then, It's draw break. The cashier can't void the ticket. Brother-In-Law is upset and Cashier is upset with him saying he will not be stuck with those tickets. Brother-In-Law is embarrased because all the people in line are looking on and he sees some of those people every day at the store getting their numbers. After a few choice words, he whips out his 100.00 bill and pay 60.00 for the tickets knowing that is his last money. All upset, he went home to wait for the drawing hoping he would somehow win some of his unplanned 60.00 back!

Texas midday draw was 950. He is just back from TLC with $2,500.00 and an IRS slip.

Anything like that ever happened to you guys?

Your present situation is not your final destination!
Good luck...5pennies Dance
    cv844's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
    texas
    United States
    Member #4689
    May 17, 2004
    4121 Posts
    Posted: July 3, 2007, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

Wtg brother-in-law PartyVery lucky man. Hasnt happened to me but a lady at the store bought 13 tickets for st #, when clerk handed it to her, she said this is the wrong # and didnt want them. The man behind her told the clerk he would take them and guess what the 13 tickets  were winners.

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
      Member #6363
      August 20, 2004
      4152 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2007, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

What a great story. I have never benefited from a mistake. I would like to change that though.

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Texas
        United States
        Member #5816
        July 23, 2004
        4355 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2007, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

I just returned from store. Clerk had one ticket no one wanted. I took it . just waiting to see if luck is passed over to me 5,8 16,18 39 bb46 Meg mil

United States
          Member #53080
          June 23, 2007
          26 Posts
          Posted: July 3, 2007, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

The guy at the store works with the lottery commision!

The clerk at the store called in and suggested we let this guy win!

The lottery was monitoring the store by camera and video taped the whole episode thats why he won!

Someone in the line worked or knew someone at the lottery office and called on their cell phone and said let the guy win!

?

I could think of twenty more reasons.

Probably dumb luck or justice!

texas
            United States
            Member #4689
            May 17, 2004
            4121 Posts
            Posted: July 3, 2007, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Sry Genny that you didnt have any luck on the mega but you did have 2 of the cash 5 #s , good luck Wed.

texas
              United States
              Member #4689
              May 17, 2004
              4121 Posts
              Posted: July 3, 2007, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

The guy at the store works with the lottery commision!

The clerk at the store called in and suggested we let this guy win!

The lottery was monitoring the store by camera and video taped the whole episode thats why he won!

Someone in the line worked or knew someone at the lottery office and called on their cell phone and said let the guy win!

?

I could think of twenty more reasons.

Probably dumb luck or justice!

I was in the store at the time , dont know if the customer worked for the lottery commision or not , rubberhead  I didnt ask him, and some people do have luck.

United States
                Member #53080
                June 23, 2007
                26 Posts
                Posted: July 3, 2007, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

The lottery director could have appointed someone to follow him around for days and weeks waiting for the perfect moment and decided that this was the night!

Or maybe It could be that someone he lives with is actually working for the lottery but he simply has no clue that they work for the lottery, you know like his immediate family member who's kept it a secret and was tracking his every move!

Or maybe it was simply dumb luck! Yet its probably more likely to be one of the reasons I've mentioned I'm sure of it.

Unless its one I havent thought of yet! But I'll figure it out !

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #14
                  November 9, 2001
                  31546 Posts
                  Posted: July 3, 2007, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

My brother-in-law waits until 15 minutes before draw-break to get a quick pick and his numbers. After looking at his qp he decided to pull a few numbers to play. Not knowing what he was doing, he decided to play a little extra on two numbers 708 and 509. He played those two 5.00 combo not knowing that 5.00 combo =5.00 times each six ways which was 30.00 for each number. Needless to say that was going to be 60.00 total for those two numbers. By this time it is 12:12pm and draw break is 12:14 and there are people in line looking at what is going on. The cashier voids those tickets. Brother-in-law gives him another playslip and the cashier gets the slips mixed up and put the 5.00 combo playslip back in the machine plus the other playslip. By then, It's draw break. The cashier can't void the ticket. Brother-In-Law is upset and Cashier is upset with him saying he will not be stuck with those tickets. Brother-In-Law is embarrased because all the people in line are looking on and he sees some of those people every day at the store getting their numbers. After a few choice words, he whips out his 100.00 bill and pay 60.00 for the tickets knowing that is his last money. All upset, he went home to wait for the drawing hoping he would somehow win some of his unplanned 60.00 back!

Texas midday draw was 950. He is just back from TLC with $2,500.00 and an IRS slip.

Anything like that ever happened to you guys?

It was his time!  Congratulations!

love to nibble those micey feet.

texas
                    United States
                    Member #4689
                    May 17, 2004
                    4121 Posts
                    Posted: July 3, 2007, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

The lottery director could have appointed someone to follow him around for days and weeks waiting for the perfect moment and decided that this was the night!

Or maybe It could be that someone he lives with is actually working for the lottery but he simply has no clue that they work for the lottery, you know like his immediate family member who's kept it a secret and was tracking his every move!

Or maybe it was simply dumb luck! Yet its probably more likely to be one of the reasons I've mentioned I'm sure of it.

Unless its one I havent thought of yet! But I'll figure it out !

Could be any of the reasons above, dont really care, lol , I was just stating what I saw.

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #5816
                      July 23, 2004
                      4355 Posts
                      Posted: July 4, 2007, 12:31 am - IP Logged

Sry Genny that you didnt have any luck on the mega but you did have 2 of the cash 5 #s , good luck Wed.

Thank you CV, I was thinking maybe I would have some luck to but it didn't happen.The irony is that on that tick by $ was 018145. 845 was the winning number to Tx. pick3 tonight(ones were silent)! It just wasn't my time to win tonight, another time might be the right time. Good Luck for Wed.

Happy July 4th!

texas
                        United States
                        Member #4689
                        May 17, 2004
                        4121 Posts
                        Posted: July 4, 2007, 12:34 am - IP Logged

Ty Genny and good luck to you too.

Texas
                          United States
                          Member #5816
                          July 23, 2004
                          4355 Posts
                          Posted: July 4, 2007, 12:34 am - IP Logged

What a great story. I have never benefited from a mistake. I would like to change that though.

I Agree!Me too DA. One day it will happen to us too!

Good Luck$$

Texas
                            United States
                            Member #5816
                            July 23, 2004
                            4355 Posts
                            Posted: July 4, 2007, 12:39 am - IP Logged

It was his time!  Congratulations!

Thank you EmBig Smile

I Agree! Sooner or later we all get our time! Good luck for tomorrow$$

hennybogan's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                              McKinney/Texas
                              United States
                              Member #47363
                              November 1, 2006
                              706 Posts
                              Posted: July 4, 2007, 1:03 am - IP Logged

Yeah - in my dreams! Except ole Duke and I are in line in front of a ravishinly beautiful blonde who has a French poodle that Duke is going wild about, and the blonde just pinched me and winked at me. The blonde moved in real close like and whispered into my ear, "Henny, is that a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me!" The VERY FIRST TIME I played Texas Pick 3 back in November of 2006, I mistakenly won $820. I didn't know whether to poop or go blind. I remember thinking to myself, "Wow! Is this ever easy! It's like taking candy from a baby!" Yeah! Right! I used Duke. Since that time, let's just say I've lost enough to pay for SEVERAL Texas Lottery Commission employees annual salary plus a hefty freakin bonus. Tell your relative about me and ole Duke. I'll give you my cell number - not prison - at least not yet - and he can call me with a few numbers just before the drawing. Maybe Duke and I can reek out some good old fashioned revenge! However, if an attractive blonde and a poodle are standing in line behind me, I will have to end the conversation with your relative. Don't mean to be rude, but some things ARE just a tad bit more important than the Pick 3.

Ephesians 3:20