Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A Very Big Mistake In Tx

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 9 years ago by KyMystikal.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
Florence, Alabama
United States
Member #8658
November 13, 2004
1993 Posts
Posted: July 4, 2007, 3:30 am - IP Logged

My brother-in-law waits until 15 minutes before draw-break to get a quick pick and his numbers. After looking at his qp he decided to pull a few numbers to play. Not knowing what he was doing, he decided to play a little extra on two numbers 708 and 509. He played those two 5.00 combo not knowing that 5.00 combo =5.00 times each six ways which was 30.00 for each number. Needless to say that was going to be 60.00 total for those two numbers. By this time it is 12:12pm and draw break is 12:14 and there are people in line looking at what is going on. The cashier voids those tickets. Brother-in-law gives him another playslip and the cashier gets the slips mixed up and put the 5.00 combo playslip back in the machine plus the other playslip. By then, It's draw break. The cashier can't void the ticket. Brother-In-Law is upset and Cashier is upset with him saying he will not be stuck with those tickets. Brother-In-Law is embarrased because all the people in line are looking on and he sees some of those people every day at the store getting their numbers. After a few choice words, he whips out his 100.00 bill and pay 60.00 for the tickets knowing that is his last money. All upset, he went home to wait for the drawing hoping he would somehow win some of his unplanned 60.00 back!

Texas midday draw was 950. He is just back from TLC with $2,500.00 and an IRS slip.

Anything like that ever happened to you guys?

I had the complete opposite. I called the store for the evening draw to play my numbers I told the girl at the store I wanted 66 all boxed and 666 str for .50. That night 266 came out and I was like, "Yes" I got it boxed for $100. The next day I went to the store and paid for my tickets and looked at what she had played. I was so pissed. She play 660,661,662,663,664,665,666 straight and 667, 668, and 669 boxed. The next time I decide to call in some numbers I'm going  to have them read it back to me to make sure they have it right.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #1303
    March 27, 2003
    1508 Posts
    Posted: July 4, 2007, 8:06 am - IP Logged

Couldn't happen here.  We don't have those kind of options.  They keep it simple.  Guess they're afraid the farmers aren't so bright.  Big Smile

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #1303
      March 27, 2003
      1508 Posts
      Posted: July 4, 2007, 8:11 am - IP Logged

I had the complete opposite. I called the store for the evening draw to play my numbers I told the girl at the store I wanted 66 all boxed and 666 str for .50. That night 266 came out and I was like, "Yes" I got it boxed for $100. The next day I went to the store and paid for my tickets and looked at what she had played. I was so pissed. She play 660,661,662,663,664,665,666 straight and 667, 668, and 669 boxed. The next time I decide to call in some numbers I'm going  to have them read it back to me to make sure they have it right.

You called the store to make your bets????  I didn't know such a thing was possible in any state !

How does that work?  Here, there's no way they would accept someone calling the store and placing bets over the phone for later pickup.  You have to fill out a slip, or ask for a QP, and they only accept cash.

The only other alternative is to verbally tell the clerk what numbers you want...except in most cases they aren't very well trained at doing that on the terminal, and will tell you to please go make out a playslip.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Florence, Alabama
        United States
        Member #8658
        November 13, 2004
        1993 Posts
        Posted: July 4, 2007, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

You called the store to make your bets????  I didn't know such a thing was possible in any state !

How does that work?  Here, there's no way they would accept someone calling the store and placing bets over the phone for later pickup.  You have to fill out a slip, or ask for a QP, and they only accept cash.

The only other alternative is to verbally tell the clerk what numbers you want...except in most cases they aren't very well trained at doing that on the terminal, and will tell you to please go make out a playslip.

Regulars at the lottery store can do this. You just call the store and tell them what you want and how to play it and the put your name on the tickets. Then you just go to the store later and pay for them. This is done as a convenience for people who can't make it there for the draw due to being at work or other things. Usually I will call in when it's close to draw break and I don't think I will make it in time. 

Florence, Alabama
          United States
          Member #8658
          November 13, 2004
          1993 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2007, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Regulars at the lottery store can do this. You just call the store and tell them what you want and how to play it and the put your name on the tickets. Then you just go to the store later and pay for them. This is done as a convenience for people who can't make it there for the draw due to being at work or other things. Usually I will call in when it's close to draw break and I don't think I will make it in time. 

One thing with this is the store trusts you to come pay for your tickets and as a player you trust the clerk not to steal your winning ticket and say they didn't have time or forgot to play them.