Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How much would it take to live your dream?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 10 years ago by stephi.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
MissNYC's avatar - diva
Westchester, New York
United States
Member #49345
January 27, 2007
168 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2007, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

I'm just curious. Everyone has their own idea of a mega jackpot. For some, it's 20 million, for others, its 50, while others would say it was 100 million. Of course we'd all rather win 100 million over 20 million, but how much would it take for you to live your dream, and how much would that dream differ if you won 20 million vs. 100? I ask because I always wonder, how much money is enough to never have to worry or think about it again?

"If you just keep believing, that dream that you wish will come true"

Bed

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1958 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2007, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

I'm just curious. Everyone has their own idea of a mega jackpot. For some, it's 20 million, for others, its 50, while others would say it was 100 million. Of course we'd all rather win 100 million over 20 million, but how much would it take for you to live your dream, and how much would that dream differ if you won 20 million vs. 100? I ask because I always wonder, how much money is enough to never have to worry or think about it again?

$1,000,000,000 <----------------------------

Gonna win.Big Smile

Grand Rapids, Michigan
      United States
      Member #53008
      June 19, 2007
      67 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2007, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

I look at it this way the more I win then the more I can give to family and "some" friends.  Say I win the Mega Millions tonight.  After taxes and lump sum that about 50 million give or take.  Now I could live very happily on that.  Just invest half and live off the interest and still have a lot of money to "blow".  But if I were to win 100 million after taxes I look at it as all the more money to give to friends and my family.  I would want at least 20 million in the bank that I would not touch that would do nothing but accrue interest.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
        Member #52345
        May 21, 2007
        2679 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2007, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Type  lol @ guru101

personally I'd be happy with 500million dollars

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
          Member #4121
          March 23, 2004
          817 Posts
          Posted: July 6, 2007, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

It would take only 5 million to live out my dream. 

Party

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
            Indiana
            United States
            Member #48725
            January 7, 2007
            1958 Posts
            Posted: July 6, 2007, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

I certainly could live on less than a billion, but my dream is to be a billionaire.

Gonna win.Big Smile

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5143 Posts
              Posted: July 6, 2007, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

MissNYC.................thanks for UR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>POST!!!!!!!

most people donot undestant U <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ??????????

as posted>>>>>>>on early post<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<we will BEE

in NYC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sorry bout wee

cannot contact all friend's in the CITY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..............................JACKPOT$$$$

PSYKOMO 

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                Member #24380
                October 21, 2005
                623 Posts
                Posted: July 7, 2007, 3:45 am - IP Logged

My dream includes so much for other causes so.........$400,000,000.00.  That is just a modest estimate. 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: July 7, 2007, 5:23 am - IP Logged

My dream has nothing to do with money.  Obviously, from the time on this post I wish I could just fall asleep! 

However, if I won $3 million cash/after tax I'd be just fine.  $1 million would be okay, a second million would be nice to invest for security,  but I also want to share.

Sure, I'd like a billion dollars so I could buy enough land for an animal sanctuary and billions more to feed hungry people all over the world.  But I know a "small" amount like $1 million would change my life so much I'd be happy with that and just continue to live a good life and share what I can. We all talk about winning money to save the world, but that's not why most people buy lottery tickets. 

Westerose
                    Canada
                    Member #52915
                    June 15, 2007
                    189 Posts
                    Posted: July 7, 2007, 8:01 am - IP Logged

I would like to say win about 40 Million after all is said and done.... taxes fees etc....

However 10 to 15 Million after taxes and intial fees for professional would work as well.

I have a list of things and how much they would cost for differing prize amounts. So I know basically how much I would need to begin the dream and where monies would go and such.....

15 to 20 Million would be good.....  However anything over the 11 Million alotted to what I wanna do on the high end would just go into investments. it's 6 Million on the low end.    All stuff on the low end  I can do regardless of a lottery win in any event.

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

Westerose
                      Canada
                      Member #52915
                      June 15, 2007
                      189 Posts
                      Posted: July 7, 2007, 8:05 am - IP Logged

My dream has nothing to do with money.  Obviously, from the time on this post I wish I could just fall asleep! 

However, if I won $3 million cash/after tax I'd be just fine.  $1 million would be okay, a second million would be nice to invest for security,  but I also want to share.

Sure, I'd like a billion dollars so I could buy enough land for an animal sanctuary and billions more to feed hungry people all over the world.  But I know a "small" amount like $1 million would change my life so much I'd be happy with that and just continue to live a good life and share what I can. We all talk about winning money to save the world, but that's not why most people buy lottery tickets. 

Right now there is enough food to feed the world. Cept that food doesn't get to people for other reasons.  People need to stop decieving themselves that their donations actually help world hunger that much... 

"If donations and such actually did a thing... then Bono would have figured out a way to wipe out hunger by now"   

It's politics that are keeping people hungry.... change the world leaders and end a lot of problems of this world. :)

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

MissNYC's avatar - diva
                        Westchester, New York
                        United States
                        Member #49345
                        January 27, 2007
                        168 Posts
                        Posted: July 7, 2007, 10:38 am - IP Logged

It seems like everyone feels the same way. We'd all like to win a LARGE lump sum, but we also realistically know that even a small prize could be life changing. Ideally, I would want to win 100 mil after taxes, so I'd never have to worry about money again, and neither would my parents and close relatives. I also know that 1 million dollars could be very helpful. Either way, I'm crossing my fingers that I win. It looks like someone from Texas won the Mega Millions. Does anyone else get irratated when you see someone has won before the pot has grown to a very large amount? I do, I want to see 200 and 300 million dollar prizes, even when you don't win, it makes it more fun to play.

"If you just keep believing, that dream that you wish will come true"

Bed

Coastal Georgia
                          United States
                          Member #2653
                          October 30, 2003
                          1866 Posts
                          Posted: July 7, 2007, 10:44 am - IP Logged

One million would be fine but I could do a lot more with 100 million !

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: July 7, 2007, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

A gazillion to the 17th power.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10390 Posts
                              Posted: July 7, 2007, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

How about $12,345,678.90. 

Or does $123,456,789 look better? 

Just for the sake of "symmetry", ya know? 

Actually, $2,000,000 or so would do nicely.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.