Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

purchasing scratch-off tkts in quantity

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 9 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
florida
United States
Member #53554
July 10, 2007
9 Posts
Posted: July 10, 2007, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone every bought a large quantity of scratch off tkts of the same kind at one time, and if so, how many did you buy and your pay back in that bunch?

Just curious 

Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
    OHIO
    United States
    Member #4164
    March 27, 2004
    14586 Posts
    Posted: July 10, 2007, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone every bought a large quantity of scratch off tkts of the same kind at one time, and if so, how many did you buy and your pay back in that bunch?

Just curious 

gogirl,  you may want to read through these while you are waiting for your answer.....

http://www.lotterypost.com/search.asp?q=scratch+off+tickets&start=40

click on the link above....

"I am what I am by the grace of God."

Kitfany

http://www.ohiolottery.com/

Baton Rouge
      United States
      Member #46441
      September 10, 2006
      612 Posts
      Posted: July 13, 2007, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Just curious 

Whats up gogirl!

I have done this on several occasions here in la and a couple of times in georgia and have not hit the big one yet. it has made me very skeptical of scratch offs.

In louisiana it is $250 for a book. The last book I bought was a $5.00 ticket and I only got $115.00 returned back to me No Nod. I tried about a month ago with the same tickets and my return was $225. I have only tried a couple of $5.00 and $10.00 books beacause of the odds (I think there better abd there is less tickets to scratch). I guess like every things else its just dumb luck hoping the cashier gives you the right book.

brooklyn
        United States
        Member #53356
        July 4, 2007
        11 Posts
        Posted: July 13, 2007, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

This post reminds me of the time, a few months ago, when I was in line waiting to purchase scratch-off tickets. There were about five people ahead of me, and there was a woman and her child in the front. The woman was buying a lot of scratch-off tickets and playing numbers. She was taking a very long time, and seemed to be spending a lot of money. I needed to get back to work, and normally I don't do this, but something just told me to say it out loud - "Lady, save some money for the rent!" The woman didn't hear what I said, but the daughter did, and said to her mother - "Oooooh mama, did you hear what that man just said?". The mother did a slow turn, looked at me, and starting yelling obscenities. I quickly left the store and never went back there again. Lesson learned here - when standing on a lottery line, patience is virtue, and silence is golden, lol.

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: August 1, 2007, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Have you thought of this?

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/150921

anyone thought of this:ScratchOffs Syndicate

I was reading this article about lottery winners sharing their secrets: http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/10913133/detail.html#

And it had me thinking, I don't think anyone has thought of this..Why don't they do Scratch-Offs Sindicate/grouping...I think they would be better off instead of going after 170 million combinations/odds like Powerball & MegaMillions..If you read the article they tell you that some rolls cost 300 dollars..If you divide 300 dollars between 20 or 30 persons it becomes 10 or 15 dollars each..That way you all can afford to buy several Scratch-Offs games rolls...And i believe that you would get something back (not like Powerball that one normally doesn't get nothing)...A roll contains several small prizes that would give you some of your money back..And they got some rolls that have more payouts than others...

If you are going to set up a ScratchOff sindicate make from 20 to 30 individuals..No more no less people...You then record what games/Scratchoffs you have bought and you then go for the ones you haven't bought and the retailers (or gas stations) you haven't gone to..

Please let me know what you think..